Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Marcelo GONE. Its official.

Post by adamv6 »

Its official.

Its on the home page. http://www.tigers.co.uk/29_11353.php

Leicester Tigers have today (June 6) announced the departure of head coach Marcelo Loffreda.
Club chairman Peter Tom CBE said: “The Board of Leicester Tigers has come to this decision after conducting its review of the playing season and in assessing what we believe is required to achieve the club’s aspirations for the future.

“Marcelo arrived at Leicester Tigers in 2007 after leading Argentina to third place in the Rugby World Cup, and our decision has been taken with a degree of sadness.

“But we have taken this course of action in the best interests of the club and we felt that this had to be done now to allow everyone to prepare fully to meet the challenges of the new season.

“On behalf of the club, the Board would like to wish Marcelo and his family well for the future.

“No decision has been made on a new appointment, but we expect to have a new rugby structure in place ready for the players’ return to pre-season training.”
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Sad but probably for the best.

He didn't suddenly stop being a good coach, just a square peg in a round hole, perhaps.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
tigerseb
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerseb »

I think we all saw that coming. Whos in for running now then? :smt007

Northants Tiger
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Personally i don't think it's fair on him, but if they have a new set up in mind and it works we'll soon forget about this season. i just hope that the rest of the caoching staff (if they stay) don't screw the new people up.
adam789

Post by adam789 »

Idiots :smt011 . 6 months in charge with a Cockers beneath him and he still gets us in to two finals. I don't see the problem, especially in a world cup season...
peeje

Post by peeje »

Tigers should hang their collective heads in shame in putting the club on the same level as a football club with petty sackings and apparent backstabbings. It is a pity there cannot be an external investigation as to how culpable other people are in the club's failings this season rather than appearing to make Loffreda a scapegoat
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Well, whatever happens now, I'd like to say a public thank you to Marcelo, he has got us into two finals, I've spoken to him and he is a very pleasant dignified if quiet man. I wish him and his family all the very best.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

STUPID

Post by smalldell »

Well the bullies in the camp seem to have got their way..

They had better have a coaching structure in place before preseason, because after this we will struggle to recruit a top class coach.

Simply Pathetic...Oh and whoever comes in, unless they 3 throphies I will consider them a failure and demand they be sacked....

Yes a big

thank you to Marcelo
Last edited by smalldell on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry to see ML leave

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Well that was a very quick review.

One can only hope that we see an improvement next season what ever the new structure may be.

Could we tempt Deano back? It's clear he has accepted and done something about his previous failings but could the board and deano face eating such a big slice of humble pie?

Who else? Not another outsider would be my suggestion we don't want another Dwyer do we!

I here at least 13000 people each week at Welford raod that think they could do the job!
Felicity Arkwright
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Felicity Arkwright »

He came a long way and did his best with a disrupted season, injury problems and world cup to cope with - and he has always acted with dignity and good manners (unlike some others maybe).
I think he's never been given a fair chance, and two finals with such upheaval this season was pretty good going. I hope the backstabbers and those at the club who were slagging him off are satisfied now.
Good luck Marcelo in whatever you do and wherever you go.
Standing at the door of the Pink Flamingo crying in the rain.....

That's Fliss :yawinkle:
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

I'm shocked and deeply saddened.

I've supported Tigers for over 25 years, I now have to conduct my own review to see if I can really stand behind a club that would do this. Right now, I'm just not sure.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Unbelivable! I really thought Marcelo could start working his magic next season now he's bedded in andtime to prepare in pre-season!
If Loffreda is gone then i want to see Cockerill go as well! The man shot his mouth off.
Fresh start should mean a whole new back room team!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Marcelo GONE .Its official !

Post by mike »

This must be one of the most shameful episodes in the History of our Club . Only 8 months after appointing him and lauding him as an outstanding Coach our Board sack him . He has had to put up with a inadequate Coaching Team. Given their inability to manage their own areas of responsibility Cockerill and Back should be the ones sacked .This must be the final nail in the Coffin for our Club's reputation - no wonder people don't like us .
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I can honestly say that I have never been more ashamed to call myself a Tigers fan. From the start of his contract the end, it has been a shambolic and embarrassing management of the management situation.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".