Marcelo GONE. Its official.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Re: Marcelo

Post by Rizzo »

sharpywolds wrote:Just tried to email Peter wheeler, but guess what the address has a permanant error!

I did first [email protected] is that correct?
use [email protected] and put attention *whoever* in the subject box
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Easty

Post by Easty »

I'm with so many others on this, the board (or someone on it) has made a massive mistake.

Giving someone the sack after they only coached for a part season, without thier own back room staff & without a pre-season to get players 'on board' with what he wanted is either ~

Right ~ in which case the person that recruited him in the first place is responsible and should fall on their sword, or be sacked

or

Wrong ~ in which case at the end of next season we will be far from where "we want" or apparently "where the board expect" us to be, in which case the whole :censored: lot of them should go

One season gents (its more than ML got), lets hope you've got it right this time
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

I'm disgusted and ashamed. Nothing else to say
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I'm shocked and deeply disappointed with this announcement today.

I can't believe that ML has not been given one full season to prove himself.

I really hope the board know what they are doing because I suspect they are not going to have a queue of applicants for the job now....it's a bit of a poisoned challice! :smt009
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

tigerstotty wrote:I'm disgusted and ashamed. Nothing else to say
Same here. :smt013

Very disappointed, only just found out. The board haven’t even given a decent reason why they’ve sacked him on the 'supporters' home page.

Is this going to happen every time we appoint a coach who comes halfway through a season and gets us to two finals? Please don’t let us get us into a position like Leicester City. We’ve just got rid of a very decent coach for no good reason in my point of view.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Whatever the merits of the decision (and unlike the majority on here I certainly continued to harbour doubts about Loffreda's effectiveness) how on earth can anyone be 'shocked' ?
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

simon redshaw wrote:Kevf, totally disagree with majority of your points, ie the ones critising us on here. Yes people want success, but no majority did not want ML sacked.
i have re-read my post several times and no where did i say the majority wanted ML sacking or not that i can see.... i said the majority demanded success and rightly or wrongly the boord have decided that getting rid of ML is the answer... we will not know whether this si the right decision until next season. In fact we may never know ....

what i was saying was the board make a decision... we all then moan its the wrong one.. we have no details about why the decision was made and by whom.. we assume the board are wrong and we are right. I have been in company that made peopel redundant fortuantely i kept my job.. the board got rid of some very good people and everyone sat as siad they should never have got rid of him or her... in the end it proved to be the right decision.

Now i am not saying that what the board have done is right... but until it proves wrong i will hold my judgement i don't live in a 'I told you so world'..

infact this time next year we could all be saying what a damn fine choice the board made... then again.
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

dailywaffle wrote:Whatever the merits of the decision (and unlike the majority on here I certainly continued to harbour doubts about Loffreda's effectiveness) how on earth can anyone be 'shocked' ?
Because I thought our board had more integrity than this, and that the stories of 'football style' sackings were just that - stories (written by lazy, speculative journalists).
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Do you think I could sue the board for whiplash injuries sustained from shaking my head in disbelief since I got in from work and heard the news. I know this isn't a total surprise but it sure as heck is a nasty one.

Good luck for the future ML. Feel free to make this decision look a really stupid one in your next job.
A citizen of hope and glory
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Hairy Egg wrote:
dailywaffle wrote:Whatever the merits of the decision (and unlike the majority on here I certainly continued to harbour doubts about Loffreda's effectiveness) how on earth can anyone be 'shocked' ?
Because I thought our board had more integrity than this, and that the stories of 'football style' sackings were just that - stories (written by lazy, speculative journalists).
The board have, rightly or wrongly, decided that Loffreda is not capable of being our head coach. That might make people feel uncomfortable, but I'm not sure where 'integrity' comes in here.

Let's say we had kept Loffreda, even though the board felt he was not the right man. And let's say, hypothetically speaking, we finished in the bottom half. How would 'integrity' look then?

No, its business, and its sometimes not very palatable. I don't know if the right decision has been made, but its nothing to do with 'integrity'.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Does anyone think that they offered him the oppourtunity to stay and be backs coach?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Ben the Tiger wrote:Does anyone think that they offered him the oppourtunity to stay and be backs coach?
Would these be the backs that have consistently regressed as the season has gone on?
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

What a sad day to be a tiger.

Good luck to ML where ever he ends up.
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

dailywaffle wrote: And let's say, hypothetically speaking, we finished in the bottom half. How would 'integrity' look then?
It would have looked fine if we'd won the triple....hypothetically.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I have followed this thread with some interest. I am heartened by the expressions of sympathy for Marcelo.

IMHO the Board have now set themselves a very challenging task - to implement a coaching structure that delivers at least two trophies from three finals next season. Should they fail they will face a vote of no confidence at the AGM.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007