Marcelo GONE. Its official.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I expect they will hold on to their cosy positions just like those at the RFU.

We need a revolution or protest.
JB

Post by JB »

:smt013 What a rubbish "you're not from around here" decision. Don't anyone expect a proper world class coach. Who would come, when if you only make finals and get beat by Wasps (who always win those finals) and get sacked.

Well done board, you've made the club look really stupid.

:smt011
JB, Stamford
sharpywolds
Tiger Cub

marcelps gone, its official

Post by sharpywolds »

I have never been so ashamed to be a tigers supporter as I am today. To those people and board hold your head in shame!

Thank you ML, always a gentleman and always dignified - more than Cockers is!
Eres to me and my Wifes husband not forgetting me senn
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Totally gob-smacked! I am glad that I have only renewed for one year. I cannot believe that ML is the only one to go. As I said on a number of threads throughout the season the Tigers game was poor from the Toulon game onwards long before ML arrived. Cockers and Backy were responsible then and as far as I am concerned they remain responsible for the failure to build on what Pat Howard left which was a good talented team intact. Other sides have bought well and improved (see the RT for Tom's comments) The Tiger's problems did not commence when he arrived they were borne out in the all the games including those the Tigers won. I feel really sorry for ML and if anyone knows how we can contact him then I want to know so I can express my feelings to him in a letter. I guess that I shall put Cambridge and Cambridge Uni before the Tigers now. I certainly will not be wearing any Tigers gear next season - maybe the shirt of the opposition for the day will worn as my protest!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sharpywolds
Tiger Cub

Marcelo

Post by sharpywolds »

Just tried to email Peter wheeler, but guess what the address has a permanant error!

I did first [email protected] is that correct?
Eres to me and my Wifes husband not forgetting me senn
BSimkin
Tiger Cub

Post by BSimkin »

There is little I can say that has not been said already. It clearly seems that the vast majority of fans commenting do not support ML being sacked. Nobody I know personally did. Never has a club in the professional era alienated so many of it's own supporters. Amazing considering the grand plans for the stadium.
This is personally a far sadder day than the defeat in the final. I was proud of the way the boys battled back in the second half despite being very disappointed that we lost. Today I feel ashamed to be a Tiger's fan, the first time I have ever felt that way. I doubt I will be as up for next season as I have been for the last 10. :smt022
BRCS
Mrmatt1

Post by Mrmatt1 »

I'm extremely disappointed by this announcement, Marcelo fully deserved a full season in charge; to get us in to 2 finals in such a disrupted season is quite an achievement in my book.

Those Board Members who approved Marcelo's sacking should be very ashamed of themselves.

Thank you Peter Tom and co. for making this proud Club a (not very funny) laughing stock. :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

And thank you Marcelo for all that you did in the time that you were here, you can be proud of what you accomplished in such a short space of time, and with evidently such little support from many of those around you.
Last edited by Mrmatt1 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leicester Tigers rule. FACT.
beech

Marcello GONE. Its official

Post by beech »

Another disgusted member. Unless the next coach wins us one trophy or gets us to three finals he must expect to go - nobody worth a light will come on these terms. I, like many others, showed loyalty to the club by renewing for 3 years - now I regret I did. :smt010
tf22
Chez
Tiger Cub

Post by Chez »

I haven't read all of the posts here, but looking at just the first page, it's clear that Marcelo had a lot of support from fans; I tend to agree that he wasn't given long enough, and I feel very sorry for him in that he's uprooted his family halfway round the world, just seemed to be settling in and now this? Are we getting so ruthless as a club that we can't afford to give someone a chance? OK I know that there was alleged "unrest" in the dressing room, but surely it didn't have to end like this? And let's not forget, yes we all loved Pat Howard, but for 3 seasons we got precisely nowhere.. Marcelo's first (disrupted) season and we get to 2 finals. Our inability to turn up at both is NOT his fault, it is a collective one - fans too - the EDF final was like a morgue, no shouting or getting behind the team at all. :smt018 So, let's hope that whoever comes next gets the full support of [u]everyone[/u]. Only then can we be proud of ourselves again :smt023
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

I'm angry and sad, not sure which is the greater.

Whilst I appreciate that we don't know everything that went off behind the scenes, I can't believe this was the right course of action.

Cockers HAS to go. If they put him in charge, I will not get behind him. Whatever the motivation for what he said it was bang out of order. :smt009
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

I can't see who is going to want to take the job now. What kind of message is this going to send out that you have to win trophies in your first season? You have to cope with what you were given and if you don't you're out?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

I'm disappointed but not surprised, as I have said before i wouldn't have wanted to stay if I were him after all the speculation and rumours of recent months - his position was untenable but he managed to retain his dignity and I just wish Marcelo well and hope this really is the solution although I suspect there is more to it
NorthantsTiger

Post by NorthantsTiger »

Just a real shame. Marcello was a real gentleman and a credit to the tigers ethos. However i do believe that the board have made the right decision.
"In Arduis Fidelius"
Rizzo

Re: Marcelo

Post by Rizzo »

sharpywolds wrote:Just tried to email Peter wheeler, but guess what the address has a permanant error!

I did first [email protected] is that correct?
use [email protected] and put attention *whoever* in the subject box
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother