Marcelo GONE. Its official.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I never thought I'd hear you say something like that Dave, lol!! :smt003

You're absolutely right in what you are saying though.
xxl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by xxl »

With you there Duggan about Mr Tom
Fat Prop.

Post by Fat Prop. »

If we get Backie and cockers in charge can I have a refund on my season ticket! :smt013
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

Mods, Dave A..

Is there any way that we can show our displeasure to the board?

Maybe there could be a poll asking whether it was the correct decision or not?
xxl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by xxl »

The only movement Back and Cockers should be making is out of the door
Shogun
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Shogun »

Very Bad Day for the Tigers.

ML should have not gone, there are ten other clubs in the premiership that would have loved to qualify for europe and get into two finals. Only Wasps have done more than us this season.

Considering the backlash and bad feelings regarding this, I think this announcement was timed to come after we have renewed our season tickets.

If this is the way things are going to be then the club will go downhill quickly. Wondering if renewing my ST was a good idea.

So Who's the next coach? Who would want to come to a club that can just get rid of you regardless of previous agreements and contracts?

BTW : Tom was seen in a local hotel taking to a Mr. Healey a few weeks ago, and I bet it wasn't just a quick "Hello mate, how are you doing".
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

i must say their is no pleasing some is their?

right before i start i am disappointed to see ML go he hasnot beeen given a chnace to show his worth...

but the majority on here have demanded success by tigers the board rightly or wrongly have made decisions for what ever reason that ML wasn't the man to do that... what do we do.. moan

is it tigers things no matter whats happening we like to moan if we win we moan it wsn't good enough if we lose we moan if we get to finals....

good luck ML where ever you end up.. i am sure you could have been good but unfortuantely this is a professional business now if the team doesn't perfom someone taske the hit... we'll find out next season if it was correct or not.....

BTW before you all shout i didn't want him to go either but thats life.. like it or not.
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Love to get a copy of the review... the unedited version. As it all realms of life watch your back. IF the underlings of Back and Cockerill have anything to do with the departure they should get the pineapple treatment as it stinks of it weren't my fault guv.
Go back to the fact that ML was a manager not a coach.
PinkLady

Post by PinkLady »

Shameful day. ML proved himself through the world cup, and took us to two finals. It seems that the the board don't know their :censored: from their elbow. Family club, which family would that be - Corleone? Good luck marcello.
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

I have read on here for weeks that Loffreda was going to be sacked but I have said publicly that I didnt believe it. I have to now but I cant understand it.

Obviously neither me nor anyone else knows what goes on behind the scenes and maybe there was a misfit of personalities but I cant see that he was given the opportunity to make his mark - shades of Avram Grant.

Patience paid off with Pat Howard in last season's successes so to offload seems premature. I suppose we'll have to wait and see but I think you will see alot more grief from the supporters next season if the new guy achieves less than this one. :smt017
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

It all seems very strange seen from here. You sack a coach when you think that the essence of the team is at risk.

Looking at the semi final or the dying moments of the final, it did not seem that there was any danger for the club. I hope some pundit gets near to a well informed source and gives a bit more explanation about all this...
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Kevf, totally disagree with majority of your points, ie the ones critising us on here. Yes people want success, but no majority did not want ML sacked.

So football style sackings and handling of coaches in rugby is inevitable. Well then I don't think that will attract punters and I wouldn't be happy to have rugby go like soccer, or for chelsea style clubs to take root.

Oh sorry.I forget we are the new chelsea of rugby.Its happening already.

People have the right to say what they are saying, pity there are a few who can't see that the board have been wrong in teir handling of this.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Iain D wrote:Mods, Dave A..

Is there any way that we can show our displeasure to the board?

Maybe there could be a poll asking whether it was the correct decision or not?

An email to board mambers should reach them.

The Tigers email format is as follows:

[email protected]
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Shouldn't think it will make a blind bit of difference to them.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

So next year if we don't win all 3 trophies the whole board go......ok?
Simmo