Changes ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rockhound
Tiger Cub

Changes ?

Post by rockhound »

After listening to last nights Rugby Hour i can see some merit in reverting back to the Tigers model of promoting from within ( the Liverpool boot room scenario )
Back - Head Coach
Cockerill - Forwards Coach
Healey-Backs coach
Greenwood -?

What are your thoughts - could it work for us. :smt017
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

I bet Wasps are happy that they have never been so insular.
rockhound
Tiger Cub

Post by rockhound »

so you cant see Dayglo reappearing there in a coaching capacity
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Rockhound, presumably that means that you are happy with the way our forwards have operated this season, and with our defence?

I would be thinking more in terms of getting rid of Back and Cockerill.

I think Gibbo is a better bet than AH and WG.
Valhalla I am coming!
rockhound
Tiger Cub

Post by rockhound »

not happy at all - however early part of the season they were performing well - two things have changed from what i see that may have unsettled the players - Loffreda & Woodwood
moza9
Tiger Cub

Post by moza9 »

I also think that if changes are going to happen, cockerill and back should go before lofredda.

We definately need Austin back in, he will allow the tigers to express themselves and bring the fun back into the game, which seems to have been completely lost recently.
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

rockhound wrote:so you cant see Dayglo reappearing there in a coaching capacity
Who knows, but the recruitment of McGeechan, Gatland and Edwards have ceratainly played a major part in their recent success, maybe proving that a mix of the old and new is the best way forward.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

rockhound wrote:not happy at all - however early part of the season they were performing well - two things have changed from what i see that may have unsettled the players - Loffreda & Woodwood
Hmm... i had thought of Woodwood earlier this season... but i don't know... would he really try and get involved...

And i don't blame the coaches... the players have underperformed this season and they all know it...
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:
rockhound wrote:not happy at all - however early part of the season they were performing well - two things have changed from what i see that may have unsettled the players - Loffreda & Woodwood
Hmm... i had thought of Woodwood earlier this season... but i don't know... would he really try and get involved...

And i don't blame the coaches... the players have underperformed this season and they all know it...
Woodward has his work with the olympic comittee to get ready aswell as Tigers, so i doubt he gets excessively involved.
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

kornboy130 wrote: Woodward has his work with the olympic comittee to get ready aswell as Tigers, so i doubt he gets excessively involved.
Oh, I don't know, he has a pretty large oar.
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Underperforming players is a coaching problem, as well as a responsibility to be borne by the players themselves.

Blaming ML and CW's appearance on the scene should be partly true - at least as far as ML is concerned. He was brought in to make changes, although it would appear that not everyone appreciated that this was necessary, and fought against it. It is more likely that that is what caused some of the problems.
Valhalla I am coming!
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

As I've said before on this issue, as I see it the board recognised that changes needed to be made on the playing side and that they needed someone without previous association with the club to make these changes so that there could be no accusations of hidden agendas

Having been brave enough to go for Marcelo as the person to do this, they now need to have the courage to see this through and give him their support while he makes the changes he believes are necessary to sort things out.

If this means sacking ex players so be it - their past reputation as players should not affect the judgement of their abilities as coaches
lizbuxton
Tiger Cub

promote from within

Post by lizbuxton »

Well , it has worked for us for many a year .I agree .
We have a unique club , and the ethos of any good coach who has ever done us proud comes from embracing just that .
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If Loffredo goes then those that have worked with him have to go.
Obviously we don't know for sure but I think it would be wrong to reward those that may have contributed to this season's poor form.

Yes we got to 2 finals but we've struggled against some mediocre teams and things worse as the big names returned.

A good example was Harlequins - we stuffed them out of sight at the Stoop yet stuttered to scrape a win at home. I'm not convinced Harlequins had suddenly gained a hatful star players. They did illustrate what can be achieved if the team is well drilled & works to a game plan.

What was our game plan? Let alone having a plan B to use if plan A didn't!