Well Done Boys But Anyone Notice.......

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well Done Boys But Anyone Notice.......

Post by scrambo »

I have to say well done to the lads for getting into the final and for a great day of ruggers.

But watching the game back on the tv did anyone notice how tired they looked? I noticed this in the edf final as well. Are the lads being worked too hard in training before the finals? As both times they have all looked sooo tired.
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

It was clear that Wasps were on the money from minute 1 as Leicester looked to get out of first gear. A collective effort that was not enough on the day and much as it hurts me to say this - the best team won.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Philip J Gray
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

They were certainly sluggish early on (not for the first time). Not sure why as Wasps had the harder run in at the end of the season with several mid-week matches.

Either they are leaving it on the training field, or they are not fit enough or they are not motivated enough or a combination of these.

One for the coaches to answer I think.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Intensity. It drains. Bound to.
krwa
Tiger Cub

Post by krwa »

Since Craig White the fitness coach left it is very obvious how there fitness has dropped, lots of muscle problems.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Time we got a new fitness coach then? Would seem an obvious addition. :smt017
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

What I noticed first off was that when the teams ran out to warm up, Wasps worked together as a team a lot more than Tigers who looked as if they didn’t even want to speak with each other. The only bright spot I saw in the warm up was AG’s kicking which was pinpoint accurate – how wrong can you be?

I also felt the 16th man was missing and the Tigers fans were very quiet – I know this has been mentioned on the forum for other matches this season. Tigers fans did seem to be outnumbered (how did that happen?) but the support didn’t seem very vocal throughout the match.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
bradge
Tiger Cub

Post by bradge »

Aussie guy with impressive CV took over from White. But I think it's widely accepted that White is in a league of his own. Gone to Wales with Gatland and the other ex/Wasps if I'm not mistaken. I used to love watching the little guy orchestrate the pre match warm outs. He nearly had me joining in in the Crumbie.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

simon redshaw wrote:Time we got a new fitness coach then? Would seem an obvious addition. :smt017
Got one.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Seems he has now left.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Yup, according to yesterday's interview with Peter Tom in the Merc, Mr Benton has decided to go back to Australia.

So we now need to add fitness coach to the list.
As I said on another post, without wishing to pre-empt the "coaching review",it looks like Messrs Wheeler, Tom, and Cohen might have their work cut out over the next few weeks, if we are to have a full coaching team in place for pre-season.

On the general topic of coaches, I see that Robert Jones has recently left his backs coaching role at Scarlets. Anyone know where he might be going?