some fans comments in south stand

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

expectingA tigerCUB
Top Cat
Top Cat

some fans comments in south stand

Post by expectingA tigerCUB »

to be frank were disgusting! tigers fans being rascist towards tigers players, foul language throughout the game even though surrounded by kids and families (including mine!) :smt018

i never thought i would see this at a rugby match. :smt009

what a let down, anyone else experience this?? i was in lower tier
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

If there was racism (or indeed any other abuse, but especially racism) you should contact Twickenham and Tigers with details of where they were sitting. That is appalling. We don't want morons like that being associated with us.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

I was in the South lower, admittedly towards the back of the tier, and didn't hear anything I would class as foul language and certainly not racist.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: some fans comments in south stand

Post by Chobbsy »

expectingA tigerCUB wrote:to be frank were disgusting! tigers fans being rascist towards tigers players, foul language throughout the game even though surrounded by kids and families (including mine!) :smt018

i never thought i would see this at a rugby match. :smt009

what a let down, anyone else experience this?? i was in lower tier
Its a bit late complaining after the event, you must bring it up at the time and it will be dealt with.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
expectingA tigerCUB
Top Cat
Top Cat

block L32, seats were in the 80s row 7.

it was pointed out to me by my disabled parents as we left the ground, i was unable to act sooner im afraid, but would certainly like to take this further if deemed i should do so!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

It of course depends where they bought their tickets, if it was via Tigers there will be an audit trail
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

expectingA tigerCUB wrote:block L32, seats were in the 80s row 7.
Ring Tigers and ring Twickenham with this information. Do it now.
Forever Tigers

Post by Forever Tigers »

I used to steward at the Tigers and whilst things may have changed since, i recall it being hoped that any spectators hearing abuse (such as racial) aimed at players of either side, would report it as soon as possible to their nearest steward. This kind of behaviour has to be dealt with asap to prevent it becoming a wider issue
expectingA tigerCUB
Top Cat
Top Cat

right, im emailing the club now, thanks for the guidance on this everyone
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Forever Tigers wrote:I used to steward at the Tigers and whilst things may have changed since, i recall it being hoped that any spectators hearing abuse (such as racial) aimed at players of either side, would report it as soon as possible to their nearest steward. This kind of behaviour has to be dealt with asap to prevent it becoming a wider issue
I actually work Tigers, Twickenham and Wembley, I had a man arrested 3 weeks ago at Wembley for racially abusing one of my stewards, they take it very seriously
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I actually work Tigers, Twickenham and Wembley, I had a man arrested 3 weeks ago at Wembley for racially abusing one of my stewards, they take it very seriously
I'm glad to hear that Chobbsy. There is no place for racism anywhere.
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
jonesy7

Post by jonesy7 »

I agree that racial abuse is wrong, but isnt emailing the club a bit to far?

Its already happened and with the amount of booze drunk at games your bound to get some harsh words from slaughtered fans.

As for little kids around, i knew all the swear words from a young age due to football and rugby, it happens....
expectingA tigerCUB
Top Cat
Top Cat

alcohol being consumed or not, does not excuse mindless comments and racial abuse.

email to club has been sent now, and we shall see if it has any result or not, imsure it wont but there you go.

id rather my kids didnt learn that type of behaviour to be honest, but cheers for posting your view
KUSADASI TIGER

Post by KUSADASI TIGER »

jonesy7 wrote:I agree that racial abuse is wrong, but isnt emailing the club a bit to far?

Its already happened and with the amount of booze drunk at games your bound to get some harsh words from slaughtered fans.

As for little kids around, i knew all the swear words from a young age due to football and rugby, it happens....
this is rugby NOT FOOTBALL ,rugby supporters in general do not start swearing when kids are around at matches nor do they take part in racial abuse,whether you heard and knew swear words from a young age does not make it right for it to happen at twickenham.
be happy and save energy a smile uses less muscles than a frown
expectingA tigerCUB
Top Cat
Top Cat

yup i agree....