Flood

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Flood

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

I've just finished watching the England Vs Baa baas game and well, although england them selves wernt very impressive, AT ALL! Personally, I thought Flood player fairly well!

Is he deffo coming to us? Would be a key player in our side!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

agree - he and Tait looked rather good... oh dear newcastle.
DAZZBOD

Post by DAZZBOD »

Small mention, in a small article in the News of the world today about him moving from Newcastle to Leicseter. So it MUST be true :smt005
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I expect we will hear something in the next couple of weeks - officially - along with the fate of Loffreda.
Tigress1

Post by Tigress1 »

Considering what he said in the mail today he is coming.
He says soemthing along the lines of hes not sure of his position at england or leicester as the people in his positions aaron mauger and andy goode are playing very well at the moment.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

In the review of the match on the bbc sport website, it says 'the Leicester-bound Flood'.

So im guessing its all but official news.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Probably the worst kept secret since Jonno took over as manager of England.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

I heard he and Hodgson both took knocks today vs the Baa'Baa's. I didn't get to watch the match, any of them serious? I hope not as we'll need both of them for the tests in NZ.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Gibbo12 wrote:I heard he and Hodgson both took knocks today vs the Baa'Baa's. I didn't get to watch the match, any of them serious? I hope not as we'll need both of them for the tests in NZ.
Hodgson needed 13 stiches to his face and Flood looked ok just a bruise to the face.
DCATsOLDMAN

Post by DCATsOLDMAN »

looked as if Flood broke his nose and Hodgson had a big gash on his right cheek bone, both from reckless tackles, where they got a face full of antipodean head.

I thought several of the Baa-Baas were out to do damage, and Harrison was causing trouble all match.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote: and Harrison was causing trouble all match.
It's long been known Harrison cant actually play the game so he just causes trouble.
down the brickies
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by down the brickies »

There was an interview with Flood in The Mail today where he was quoting how difficult it will be to get into the Tigers first 15 with Goode and Mauger playing so well!

So it appears to be a done deal, I just wish the club would announce it so we can stop all the speculating!
Form is temporary - Class is eternal
brooksey101

Post by brooksey101 »

I was very impressed with flood today he isnt the most flashiest player ever but he puts players in holes and does the little things right, i used to think he wasnt a big defensive player but he has proved time and time again that he is. Tait was also impressive with that massive dumb tackle which took me totally by surprise. I also think Kennedy, Hartley had great dynamic games Hartley was great in the loose he worked hard and seemed to be a great promise for the future. Kennedy worked so hard in the lineout and tried to lead on a few occasion was impressed.
:D TiGeRs RuLe!!!!:D
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I was at the England v Barbarians game yesterday & the programme notes/pen pics for Mr Flood began as follows:

"Toby Flood, who joins Leicester Tigers in the summer..."

If the RFU are happy to have such a comment in their matchday programme you would guess that it was pretty certain!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Former Prop wrote:Probably the worst kept secret since Jonno took over as manager of England.
what jonno has taken over england well i never when did this happen then :smt002
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal