goode - mr tigers, mauger - mr money

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markrobo43

goode - mr tigers, mauger - mr money

Post by markrobo43 »

okay i've had several beers but i've felt the same all day. goodey missed some severe kicks today that may have cost us the game but his heart was all leicester. everytime he got the ball you could see he was desperate to try an win us the game, he was trying to find break and always running exactly the same as gloucester two weeks ago. aaron mauger proved today he was only here for the money. the first i remembered him playing was when he got blood binned. i'm so annoyed at this type of mentality. i have always known tigers players as players that would die for this club. harry ellis, martin corry, geordan murphy all but to name a few. in two weeks andy goode has proved this may be the last season as first coice fly half for him but he was willing to do anything, aaron mauger the big name is here for the money, he's not a tiger through and through. every week we put our shirts on with pride. i see people in the streets with a tigers shirt on it gives me a sense of pride. the players know this and do it for us, we should be glad we have a player like andy goode. he may not be the greatest but he'd give everything to make us mortals happy. my final words, i'm not sure but i'd rather have a tiger that messed up than a someone who didnt have our heart. three cheers andy goode (thats my drunken rant over)
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

The beer is affecting your judgment

Post by smalldell »

I think the beer is clouding your judgment. Mauger was very good today and if Hipkiss had styed on to run off him we would have benefited.

As for not seeing him until he was blood binned, well you can say that for all or backs.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Goode-Mr. Tigers-mauger-Mr.Money

Post by Ian Cant »

Home and away I watch the game from behind the posts. This is where you see who tackles,who is out of position and who makes good attacking lines. I have to agree Andy Goode gives everything -a heart and soul bloke-who needs another Kicker to help him out.
I'm not convinced about Mauger. Certainly didn't get his defence right yesterday. He looked a better player when Erinle came on.For me we need to get the centre combination right, so Hipkiss and Mauger can't play together-neither has the speed to make serious breaks and make it to the try line-Erinle can.Hipkiss -Mauger weak defensively too. Look at all the tries we've conceded through the middle!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

markrobbo: welcome to the forum.

Such a shame your first post is wrong.

Better luck next time.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

I agree with Iain on this one.

I wasn't a big fan of Mauger based on his Tigers performances until recent weeks, but I think he is definitely settling in now and starting to play much better.

After a slow start, I thought he settled really well in the game and after a full pre-season, I'm expecting to see plenty more of his quality.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Yes, welcome to the forum. Shame your first post was so clearly clouded by the beers!

Mauger was the 3rd best (after Ellis and Murphy) back in a Tigers shirt on Sat. His defence was disrupted by Goode not drifting properly - that left a gap in the 10/12 channel. Mauger made some great breaks, and if Hipkiss had stayed on then there would probably have been someone on the shoulder for the offload - but unfortunately when he went off it left Mauger somewhat alone (no disrespect to Erinle, who I would like to see more of, but they have not had chance to click).

Goode may have been all heart, but he missed some very easy kicks. No good giving your heart and soul if you can't produce the goods when it counts. You don't win trophies for effort.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Iain wrote:markrobbo: welcome to the forum.

Better luck next time.
Wow, you're nice. Not surprised some people complain about not feeling welcome on the forum.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Mauger showed heart at the death yesterday - still desperately throwing dummies, pulling in defenders, making half breaks to the very death. He said in an interview after the gloucester match that he was so emotional after the victory and he thought that was great because of how the club was begining to mean so much to him. Frankly he showed alot of heart yesterday and flashes of alot of talent.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

IsraeliTiger wrote:
Iain wrote:markrobbo: welcome to the forum.

Better luck next time.
Wow, you're nice. Not surprised some people complain about not feeling welcome on the forum.
Care to divulge in a way I could have been nicer whilst still pointing out the folly of his post? Or am I supposed to agree with everyone's first post no matter what they post?
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

kornboy130 wrote: He said in an interview after the gloucester match that he was so emotional after the victory and he thought that was great because of how the club was begining to mean so much to him.
Where did he say this? I'd be interested to read/see/hear this interview...

As for him yesterday, I agree with most posters, Mauger had a good game yesterday, just wasn't supported well enough. Again.
Hopefully with a full pre-season behind him that'll enable him to get his ideas across to the others and they'll be able to read him better.
Blimey...
Chrisie

Post by Chrisie »

Okay, whilst Goode was pretty :censored: at kicking yesterday he has done a lot for this club over the seasons and still deserves respect for that! Like someone else said we need to get a new fly half but still keep Goode around because he is still a good player!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Thought Goode and Mauger both played OK. Goode's kicking was poor and Mauger out of position defensively once or twice in the first half (who wasn't), but they were both good.

I said when he first arrived that it was take a good long while for the 2 of them to really get a good understanding and telepathic knowledge of each others game, but there are signs that it is really coming along.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Agree Goode could do with some help with the kicking.

His kicking didn't lose us the game. We were slow, and our defence sucked. :smt009
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
DAZZBOD

Post by DAZZBOD »

Iain wrote:
markrobbo: welcome to the forum.

Better luck next time.

Maybe an explanation of your thoughts & points for discussion?
Instead of "your wrong".....?
After all that's the point of a forum...unless I'm wrong too...
T T

Post by T T »

Have to agree witn Sabre Tooth we were slow and our defence was :smt013 .If hadnt been for Goode drop goal we wouldnt have been in the final ,and although I hate saying this W...s appeared to want it more yesterday . The home work didnt appear to have worked neither W...s played a very similar game to Wales and who is the common thread between them .
,yes Mr Edwards . Do W...s mimic Wales or vice versa only time will tell T x