Tigers flags

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pete
Super User
Super User

Tigers flags

Post by Pete »

Did anyone else notice the large number of yellow Wasps flags? Tigers probably had more flags than Wasps, but because they are predominently dark green, they couldn't be seen easily at Twickenham.

We definitely need a new flag - perhaps the old patchwork of red green and white squares would be much more visible. Maybe a plain white one, for when we play Wasps!
KingKong(2.15)
Tiger Cub

Post by KingKong(2.15) »

that and there were definitely many more wasps fans in today, at least from where I was.
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

It seems their old QPR contingent turned up for the occasion.
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
toriya

Post by toriya »

I agree that it was difficult at times to see the large number of Tigers flags. But it was nice to get them! lol
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

The wasps publicity van were giving out their flags for free , was it the same at our shop ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

A lot of 'neutrals' were also going for the pests flags as well. :smt011
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

A great number of spectators jumped onto the whole emotional "Dallaglio's Last Game" bandwagon. Lots of neutrals were supporting him / Wasps. I also saw quite a few Glos and Bath shirt-wearing fans with the yellow flags.

Let's face it though, 81,000 Tigers flags wouldn't have won us the game yesterday.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

i saw some bath fans with tigers flags. had to do a double take
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

I think over the years we've bent quite a few noses out of shape, so a lot of neutrals went against us. Also I think right now Wasps are a far more marketable team than we are. I saw a few young kids in Tigers shirts carrying Wasps flags after the match. It made me smile because I think it is a small indiction of the future unless we make important changes.

Also agree that our green blended in way to much with the seating, hardly visable.
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I saw a Gloucester fan before the game and asked them who they were cheering on today. The response?

"Not you so f*** off!"

Charming!
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Ha! In the Guinness Village after the game a Wasps fan tried to drag out representative from as many teams as he could find to dance together. A female Bristol fan was already enjoying herself, he got a Tigers fan, and it was only the gloucester fan who decided to try and stamp on a tigers fan and act a tit. Wonder if it was the same one who told you to f*** off.
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers flags

Post by kornboy130 »

Pete wrote:Did anyone else notice the large number of yellow Wasps flags? Tigers probably had more flags than Wasps, but because they are predominently dark green, they couldn't be seen easily at Twickenham.

We definitely need a new flag - perhaps the old patchwork of red green and white squares would be much more visible. Maybe a plain white one, for when we play Wasps!
no, there were just more wasps supporters/flags there. Pretty poor considerin how much better supported we are generally.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Very true...we were badly outnumbered from where I was sitting....there were Wasps fans everywhere.
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

I didn't go yesterday but am not surprised that there were more Wasps fans than Tigers.

Their track record in big finals makes them perfect candidates for the bandwagon jumping contingent who go to only a few games each season.

As has often been mentioned here before, our track record in big finals isn't great and for many less committed fans, there's only so many times they'll be prepared to payout a decent amount of money to see us lose again.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Lets just remeber folks Wasps played Tigers off the park for 50 minsute or so. they had the game in the bag. What did we have to cheer and wave at the odd kick and chace whooppy!!

So face it wehn we are winning we wave and shout loads

The flags were given out free so floting voters are brob goign to wave the winning flag partuclulary youngsters.

I am sure if we had played better we woueld have sen more of out flags.