Well done twickers!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Well done twickers!

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

I'd like to say that, despite tigers loss. what a wonderful final twickenham produced yet again. It was all very theatrical and it really was a great event. Would have been nice to cap it off with a tigers win but oh well guys, LOOK 4WARD!

By the way, if any body finds the tigers video they played before tigers came onto the pitch today. Please let me know, I would love to watch it again! Really got the crowds going (as if we didn't already have enough of a reason hey)! Cheers guys!

Tiger Lily :smt023
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Had a great time yesterday despite the loss. It didn't feel like we had it stolen from us somehow, probably because we could have only dreamt we'd reach this far. Oh yea I forgot about the Tigers belief.? video they shown on the big screens before the match! Would love to see it again.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

what was it being shown?
Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily

Post by Tim _Tim_Tiger_Lily »

Yer they played a "tigers belief" video thingy! The only bit i heard was when cozza said "we are the leicester tigers" and the corwd roared so didn't catch it all!
penfold
Tiger Cub

Post by penfold »

Yeah - those video packages were direct rip offs / nods to the Superbowl this year, where the teams came out to almost identical videos. All we need now is to come through helmets and cheerleaders, and we’re set! :smt002

Great stuff though, although as reigning champs I felt we should’ve come out second. Not that it means much!

The Superbowl ones made it onto You Tube, so I guess these may. Here's the Giant's one;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PjRr7z5Cn_M
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

some really good cheerleaders might not be too bad an idea, maybe we could find one that could also play #10 when Goodies off form !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Returning to the title thread I'd like to say well done twickers, for sending all vehicles out of the North car park and ten left. :smt013

It took us an hour and 15 minutes before we saw clear road. :smt013

So yeah, well done Twickers - NOT.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

We decided to stay for a while after the game FP, because we knew there would be no chance of getting out of there any earlier!

Did you see the girls with the screens on their chests?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
generallee

Post by generallee »

I though Twickers was poor. It took over 30 mins to get a beer at any of the bars, the bars then shut at 2.30!!

the stadium seems to have forgotton waht Rugby is all about: Beer!!!
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

i think its to try and get bums on seats before kick off. dont agree with it anyway as true fans wouldnt want to miss the start of the game. the bars on mid tier were open before kick off.
despite the result i had a good day out and bumped into amanda holden in richmond before the game. as always the players were really good after the game and took time out for a little chat and photos.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

We decided to stay for a while after the game FP, because we knew there would be no chance of getting out of there any earlier!

Did you see the girls with the screens on their chests?

We didn't leave till 6 either, but the roads were still a nightmare.

I didn't see any girls with screens on their chests, Tell me more.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

penfold wrote:Yeah - those video packages were direct rip offs / nods to the Superbowl this year, where the teams came out to almost identical videos.
I thought that as soon as I saw them too. But this years Superbowl was a Fox production wasn't it? The Grand Final was a Sky production, so maybe not that much of a surprise???

This is the first time that the Grand Final has really been made to feel like an "Event". From the TV coverage it really came across as that too. Seemed like a decent attempt to me.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Chrisie

Post by Chrisie »

This was the first final i have attended do they always have the mascot match? I thought that was so good!
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

yeah they do and the sharks mascot always rips some other mascots head off :smt005
penfold
Tiger Cub

Post by penfold »

westy154 wrote:
penfold wrote:Yeah - those video packages were direct rip offs / nods to the Superbowl this year, where the teams came out to almost identical videos.
I thought that as soon as I saw them too. But this years Superbowl was a Fox production wasn't it? The Grand Final was a Sky production, so maybe not that much of a surprise???

This is the first time that the Grand Final has really been made to feel like an "Event". From the TV coverage it really came across as that too. Seemed like a decent attempt to me.
Good point, I thought it might be a bit blatant, but if it's the same company, then it makes sense. I think they were great little packages anyway, and you're right, it's the first Twickers game I've been to where they've made that much effort.

It's what we can learn from the Yanks, a bit of razzmatazz!