Communication from the Club

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ChrisTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Communication from the Club

Post by ChrisTiger »

Sadly of late I have been feeling a bit of the old 'mushroom syndrome'. Every time something of note is happening it appears in the message boards or in the national press before Tigers get round to 'officially' telling us. No comment on trasfers (Flood etc). Refusal to back the manager. The Cat(erpillar) out of the bag weeks before. And all this after many of us have coughed up huge sums of money to commit to the club for the next three years. Am I wrong to think we deserve better? Or should I just get used to being kept in the dark and every now and again getting another shovel full of s.... thrown over.
Official Company Mushroom.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I agree with you Chris Tiger. All we seem to know through other reports is that Toby Flood is definetly coming but nothing announced on the official site. Leicester Mercury seem convinced Dupuy is on his way but again nothing announced on site or elsewhere.

We don't even know who the Head Coach will be next season or if we will have a backs coach. And certain people who should know better appear to have been stabbing ML behind his back.

The fans deserve better. Unlike you though due to the costs of travel and lack of confidence in the running of the club and immediate future at least. I am not renewing my season ticket and will instead buy odd tickets. I fork out nearly £1200 on travelling to Leicester and the season ticket.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

We're an amateur club in a professional world.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

We're a members club run by a Board, not one run by a single owner.

Because of this things sometimes take more time, but I am very sure our Board gets it right almost all the time. We are in very safe hands. (unlike the RFU)

That's why we will hold on to Loffreda - the committee is too capable to consider letting him go.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Wish I had your confidence in our beloved board, Pete.

I might have renewed my season ticket or got nearer to doing so.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:We're an amateur club in a professional world.
Yes, thats why we make the highest operating profit out od all the clubs in the British Isles. :smt017
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Sometimes for legal or contractual reasons things can't be announced until a certain time.

So the club can't always confirm things which the press have had leaked to them.

The press aren't under the same legal obligations.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:We're an amateur club in a professional world.
Ah yes, the biggest club, with the highest turnover and ordinarily the most profitable club in the UK. With the vision to plan for the next stage in the growth of rugby in this country.

Clearly we are amateurs surrounded by professionals.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Or the board know the fans well.

Give the fans something to moan about and it will keep them happy.

Never mind guys the Larkham signing will be announced soon enough
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

The board may well have planned for the next stage in rugby off the pitch. Give them their due, they have always been pretty sharpabout maximising profit off the pitch.

However, they haven't keep up with othe clubs on the pitch and are not doing so. And we as certain people have said, very largely got to the final through sheer will power from the players, and some luck.
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Looking back over past seasons, I think I am right in saying that the club have never made any announcements about comings and goings until the season has ended. This has to have something to do with the contracts of players not ending until the season has finished: contracts do not normally end 3 weeks before the end of a season.

This is only my opinion so I expect some announcements over the next few weeks.

I have my faults but being wrong is'nt one of them!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Hope your right Tom Tom, and that all the players reported to be coming are.

Maybe though for the sake of encouraging existing season ticket holders to commit for up to three years or to encourage more people to join the season ticket holders ranks, it might be better if the club actually announced all signings earlier rather then keeping people in the dark. This is what gets people frustrated.

All clubs are in the same boat on the contracts etc surely, if they can announce signings, so can we.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

simon redshaw wrote:Hope your right Tom Tom, and that all the players reported to be coming are.

Maybe though for the sake of encouraging existing season ticket holders to commit for up to three years or to encourage more people to join the season ticket holders ranks, it might be better if the club actually announced all signings earlier rather then keeping people in the dark. This is what gets people frustrated.

All clubs are in the same boat on the contracts etc surely, if they can announce signings, so can we.
Sorry to highlight this point Simon but why would this sway you in remaining a season ticket holder? I have and always will be a Tigers fan no other club excites me like Tigers do I couldnt even consider supporting another club it would feel like I was being unfaithful.

If it wasnt for distance and work commitments I would be a season ticket holder and come hell or high water I would be there every game no matter what signings are or are not made. Ive been a fan through the glory years and also when we couldnt win a home game to save our lives.
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:Sometimes for legal or contractual reasons things can't be announced until a certain time.

So the club can't always confirm things which the press have had leaked to them.

The press aren't under the same legal obligations.
I suspect this is right. Tigers are not the only slow-mos. It's every club.
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Lea i agree with you.. it matters not a jot to me if we have some big players or not... i get excited about seeing tigers play.. whether we have a bunch of internationals or not...

if we din't have any ex all blacks or SH players i would still support tigers..

people will be moaning soon that the prices are going up for tickets... this will be to pay the wages of all the 'Stars' ... i'm happy to get good players from the academy coming up and the occasional player from abroad...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal