Radio Leicester ans Steve Booth

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rockhound
Tiger Cub

Radio Leicester ans Steve Booth

Post by rockhound »

I have just listened to a re-run of the Rugby hour....is Steve Booth the harbinger of doom...is it just me :smt009
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hidden agenda

Post by smalldell »

Booth is completely out of order. He keeps going on about this player said that and so on.

Even on Wednesday he was utterly negative...He has done Leicester Tigers a massive disservive and I hope he gets what he deserves...

Lets be honest its not just negativity he in particular puts forward its a hate campaign he is heading from the comfort of the radio studio against Loffreda..

The "man" is a disgrace and is using the platform he has to discredit Loffreda...why does he not criticise Cockril and Back bacuse he knows they would take matters into their own hands..............He's coward and disgrace.

If you work in the media you should not use it as a means to persue a hate campaign like he has over the course of this season.....
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Yes, I have to agree that Steve Booth has been out of order. Or at least the programme has; Booth has consistently voiced a 'Loffreda out' campaign all season, but I wouldn't mind that so much if there was some balance in the presentation. But there isn't; Daggers just sucks up to the boys and Ian C does nothing to offer an alternative perspective.
down the brickies
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by down the brickies »

Who really cares what Booth says any way? He lasted a couple of seasons and was massively overrated.

From what I hear, who is he to criticise?
Form is temporary - Class is eternal
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

It would be prudent to edit the last post, maybe.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Anyone listen tonight? And just how many times did Booth rant on about how we shouldn't have 'foreigners' at the club ... although he did later concede that Aussies were OK.

He makes some good points, but they get lost in the tide of xenophobia that he can't seem to help unleashing.

Aside from the umpteenth call for Loffreda to get the boot, he nailed his colours firmly to the Cockers and Back mast. His old mates can do no wrong, at one point he was absolutely raving about what a superb job Backy was doing.

Radio Leicester, seriously, have got to have someone who can offer a balanced opinion.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Yep, heard it, and laughed at most of it. Like you say he makes some good points but they get lost in his crusade against Marcelo that you only tend to focus on the negatives he says.
Blimey...
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

dailywaffle wrote:Anyone listen tonight? And just how many times did Booth rant on about how we shouldn't have 'foreigners' at the club ... although he did later concede that Aussies were OK.

He makes some good points, but they get lost in the tide of xenophobia that he can't seem to help unleashing.

Aside from the umpteenth call for Loffreda to get the boot, he nailed his colours firmly to the Cockers and Back mast. His old mates can do no wrong, at one point he was absolutely raving about what a superb job Backy was doing.

Radio Leicester, seriously, have got to have someone who can offer a balanced opinion.

maybe i should apply... my appearences on talksport throughout the season surely qualify me more? :smt002 :smt003
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Rugby hour is (or at least was) better supported on the unoffy, and on there I did once suggest and volunteer for a 'pundits panel' or some such thing.

Nothing seemed to come of it, but I reckon a few of us could make a decent fist of it.
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

Regular listeners to the programme will probably already be aware that by his own admission , Booth hardly ever watches the Tigers and recently commented on a match (Newcastle Away) when he had only ever seen the result on Ceefax :smt017

Surely Radio Leicester can find a better selection of presenters to front the show.

Daggers knows little about the game, makes constant errors concerning basic rugby matters and wouldn't even be aware that Tigers exist if he hadn't played cricket down at Grace Road.

Ian Cockerill (whom I know reads this forum) seems afraid to stand up to Booth/Dagnall , presumably in fear of losing his £50 radio appearance fee or his slot in the matchday programme . . C'mon Ian . . You've a lot to offer but don't try and be 'all things to all men' . . However what really makes me cringe is that nauseating slot on a Saturday morning with Monica Winfield . . Anybody who's ever heard it will know exactly what I mean :smt009
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Steve Booth's a nutjob*. You can tell him I said that.

*IMO
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Now now westy, no name-calling. Even if it is Steve Booth. :smt002
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Sorry Miss.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

I'm getting quite bored with the rugby hour now, It’s so negative. I think we should give Loffreda who I must point out believes in Tigers, a season to start fresh without any issues to clear up from the first part of last season.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 1966 »

Having listened to the rugby hour for most of the season it has become incresingly obvious that Booth is the mouthpiece of others within the club, who are either upset with the way things are being done or simply think that they could better, the intriguing question for me is who is who's mouthpiece is he, any idea's?