HC Final

Post by dinx »

well done Munster
Stuart A
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Stuart A »

Hear hear!

If Tigers can't win it then I can think of no other team I would like to do it instead.

Great Team, Fans and ethos.

I hope we get the chance to play them again soon....
Tigers; Number One Club Side in the World
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Boy can they sing what an atmosphere. Cardiff was buzzing. I wold love to know how many travelled and just how dothey get so many tickets?

What a club well done !
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I was a bit disappointed with Toulouse to be honest. Munster did a good job of negating them and were full credit for their victory, but they didn't offer a whole right lot IMO (good try aside).
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

So typical Munster and Tigers then
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I'd go further than that westy. A poor game, with an excruciatingly dull last 15 minutes as Munster shut up shop. Some really indifferent skills on display, the whole thing really only livened up by Hayman's 30 seconds of genius for Toulouse's try.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

as I said typical Tigers and Munster then
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

Munster used to play a 10 man game - which can be fairly dull to watch (but at least the opposition gets the ball now and again).

Now even the 'Great' RO'G seems superfluous to requirements. 9 man rugby is obviously as exciting as it gets ...

Very poor advert for the NH Club game. IMHO

:smt102
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Trout 63 wrote:Munster used to play a 10 man game - which can be fairly dull to watch (but at least the opposition gets the ball now and again).

Now even the 'Great' RO'G seems superfluous to requirements. 9 man rugby is obviously as exciting as it gets ...

Well in the rest of the HC Munster have played very good 15 man rugby. In the final quarter Munster did what they needed to do to win. That match isn't an accurate representation of how they've played this whole season.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

dailywaffle wrote:I'd go further than that westy. A poor game, with an excruciatingly dull last 15 minutes as Munster shut up shop. Some really indifferent skills on display, the whole thing really only livened up by Hayman's 30 seconds of genius for Toulouse's try.
would you be complaining if it was tigers in the final who were shutting down shop making for a dull last 15-20 mins?
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
fremen
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fremen »

munster did well, did what they had to to win cant fault them for that
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

Reading the reports today, Stephen Jones in the Sunday Times says the referee let Munster get away with a lot at the breakdown, and the Toulouse coach was unhappy about Munster playing a 5th game in the HC with the same referee.

I wasn't able to watch the game so wondering what others thought?
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

It was a typical final. A low-scoring, no-risk display from both sides. True, it was not beautiful rugby but there was no shortage of passion and commitment.

Fabien Pelous was yellow carded for giving Quinlan a kick on the bum. Petulant, yes, but not a yellow card offence IMHO. The ref was instructed to do so by the touch judge.

In general the ref did a good job - he certainly did not show any bias to one side or the other.

The Munster support is breathtaking.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

I must admit I was a little dissapointed in the final but hey, it is a final after all and they only rarely produce a brilliant match. Toulose didn't play nothing near to what they can but credit to Munster for not allowing them too.
Atmosphere looked amazing.
Can't wait for Hein cup action next year