Jerry Collins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Jerry Collins

Post by bwightman »

It appears that JC isn't just a rib-breaking, soul-destroying tackler and a fearless runner of the ball: he's now taking Super 14 semi-final conversion kicks...

Is there anything the man can't do? AND he's wanting to join a European club after the Air New Zealand Cup. It'll be great to see him in action, whether it be in the Guinness or just in the Heineken with a French team. What a talent.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Would be brilliant if we could lure him in. Would be a definite answer to our No7 problems.

Devastating player. We must at least put a bid in if he comes on the market.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Darc Tiger wrote:Would be a definite answer to our No7 problems.
i struggle to see how luring in another 6/8 would solve our problems at 7.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

I was gonna say that kornboy!
Blimey...
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Could have sworn I saw some info on him saying he was an openside. My bad. :smt003

Maybe not then!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

class player he may be who could probably cover at 7 if necessary - he's still mostly a 6/8. You can attribute that saying now to Croft, Newby and Corry for next season...Collins would probably be a waste.
simparms

Post by simparms »

kornboy130 wrote:class player he may be who could probably cover at 7 if necessary - he's still mostly a 6/8. You can attribute that saying now to Croft, Newby and Corry for next season...Collins would probably be a waste.

Its very very unlikely that we will even make an offer for him now that we seem to have got Newby and Woods, but he wouldnt be a waste, he would be a guaranteed starter, a signing in the Joel Stransky mould as the best player in his position (number 6) in the world
SiMpArMs - Tigers for life
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Plus Corry should be shunted to the second row if he's a starting player next season. And even then, I don't think he'd be in my strongest XV.

As much as I like Corry's effort, Collins would be a far, far, far superior option in the back row.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

To be fair to both Newby and Woods they aren't really in the same league as Jerry Collins, so I would go for him, but knowing Tigers we probably won't. He would probably end up at somewhere like Gloucester or Bath or maybe Northampton.

It would show that we are serious about getting those sort of players rather then just on the odd occasion as with Aaron Mauger.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

It said on Radio 5 Live today that Jerry Collins has announced he will take an indefinite break from the game.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
TheGazMan
Tiger Cub

Post by TheGazMan »

Munster have apparently been alerted to his availability
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

Simon,

You really are negative aren't you?? COLLINS is agood player, however as Graham HENRY has stated he would not of been in the Blacks test team this summer even had he been available. "He will probably end up atBath or Northampton" boo hoo!!! I remember when folks moaned when we did not sign Carlos spencer & he went to northampton. Didn't help them much did he!!!!!

Remember we can't (don't need to) sign everybody.
glass is half full
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

simon redshaw wrote:To be fair to both Newby and Woods they aren't really in the same league as Jerry Collins, so I would go for him, but knowing Tigers we probably won't. He would probably end up at somewhere like Gloucester or Bath or maybe Northampton.
why? what practical reason would we have for signing Jerry Collins?
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

Kornboy,

Exactly IF as simon wishes we signed COLLINS(we don't need him) what happens to Croft? Crane? Deacon?pienar?moody? Newby? & possibly woods? HERRINg may or may not leave, I am still laghing at simons comments about all thesde "stars" that everbody else has signed that have turned their teams into champs? Who exactly has been availble that we should of signed that Bath/Glouc/Northampton have That would
1 fit straight into the 1st team
2 fitted the overseas player rules
3 that are not being paid stupid money
4 that have prooved succesful?
glass is half full
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Some of you must be blind then. I really do despair with some of you.

What about Butch James, or Claasens.

Tigers shouldn't sign Jerry Collins? Get real.

I am not understanding your message as well. How about the above that have got Bath the Challenge Cup?

I guess you wouldn't admit that you might be wrong, the likes of you wouldn't do. But I guess there might be some egg on your face.

So you'd rather have people like Newby and Woods who aren't as good as Collins. You are a strange person. But then that's typical of so many who would rather have average players then top players.

I expect you wouldn't have had Nick Evans.

Notts you are the sort of person who ruins this forum as you ridicule someone who isn't so positive or doesn't have same view as you.