Jerry Collins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

i wouldn't have collins... not because he isn't a good players he's very good ... and as siad one of the top 6/8's in the world... but we don't need him

tigers don't need 1 or two top players we already have them we need a good squad of good players who can work as a team..

although i understand simons sentiment it is not possible to have every player who is top of their position ... asmuch as we would like it its all a fine balancing game.. we can't afford every player who comes up... as we already have a few good back rows it wouldn't make sense to bid for collins service anyway...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Woah Simon, steady on me old China!

Newby was made available. He's good. We got him. Woods became available. He's a great prospect. We got him. We are pretty well stocked for back rowers. Hence signing Collins isn't a priority. We can't just stockpile players when they become available!

Also: Salary Cap! If we accept there are other places we need to strengthen (ie front row, fly half) then it would be a waste to spend everything on an over-stocked back row.

Re Nick Evans. Yes we wanted him, yes we tried for him, yes we offered him a contract. So did Quins, he chose Quins. Care to suggest how we could have done better? Move Welford Road to London perhaps?

Oh and if Butch James has single handedly won Bath that everso competitive and important Challenge Cup he must be REALLY good! We'll be gutted we missed out on him!!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I can't stand personal attacks or ridicule by odd people on here.

I can't be bothered to argue any more. I do though despair at the majority's or the vocal majority's view on this. I end up banging my head in frustration.

Time will tell on this, but I am pretty confident that if we don't at least address the outstanding issues Daily brought up on the season tickets thread, we will have some problems.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

simon redshaw wrote:I can't stand personal attacks or ridicule by odd people on here.
simon redshaw wrote:Some of you must be blind then. I really do despair with some of you.
simon redshaw wrote:Notts you are the sort of person who ruins this forum as you ridicule someone who isn't so positive or doesn't have same view as you.

Hmmmm...
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

crikey........kev f, he is the best there is!!!! :smt017
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

salcombe bob wrote:crikey........kev f, he is the best there is!!!! :smt017
if i knew what you were talking about i would answer with a suitable reply
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

sorry, it was your comment whether we wanted Jerry Collins.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

salcombe bob wrote:sorry, it was your comment whether we wanted Jerry Collins.
ahh ok ... although i think he is good i would rather see the club get cover elsewhere.. we have a reasonably good back row anyway when all fit... but we lack in othe rparts so personally i think we should spend the money somewhere else ..

although i wouldn't complain if he did come :)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Iain wrote:
simon redshaw wrote:I can't stand personal attacks or ridicule by odd people on here.
simon redshaw wrote:Some of you must be blind then. I really do despair with some of you.
simon redshaw wrote:Notts you are the sort of person who ruins this forum as you ridicule someone who isn't so positive or doesn't have same view as you.

Hmmmm...
come on folks, let's play nice and agree to disagree please.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

rizzo know what you are saying... but it'll never happen even if someone says something and puts in my opinionsome one will disagree but not be able to say it nicely...

sadly thats life.. someone will always want to get their point across and believe they are correct... i'm gulity of this although i try to be nice as much as possible ...

some people i think take the tigers too seriously and seem to thinkl ther elife is over because tigers aren't doing well for a season or two .. although i think 2 out 3 possible finals is much better than some teams wo haven' even made 1 final and have in some eyes made better wiser purchase's during the last closed season...

i'm happy and know life will go on.. (no singing)
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

Simon wrote:

Some of you must be blind then. I really do despair with some of you.

What about Butch James, or Claasens.

Tigers shouldn't sign Jerry Collins? Get real.

I am not understanding your message as well. How about the above that have got Bath the Challenge Cup?

I guess you wouldn't admit that you might be wrong, the likes of you wouldn't do. But I guess there might be some egg on your face.

So you'd rather have people like Newby and Woods who aren't as good as Collins. You are a strange person. But then that's typical of so many who would rather have average players then top players.

I expect you wouldn't have had Nick Evans.

Notts you are the sort of person who ruins this forum as you ridicule someone who isn't so positive or doesn't have same view as you.

Simon, We had Mauger signed & Butch James is on too much money, Claasen, on good money & not as good as Ellis, doubt he would play 2nd fiddle. There is a wage cap that has to be monitored. Bath won the challenge cup, agreed but be honest 4 english teams made semi final so hardly a big cup. Forums are all about opinions, you are entitled to yours, as i am entitled to mine, you are free to challenge & justify my opinion & I feel you have missed my point (along with others that have posted about your comments.) I agree Evans would of been a good signing, I do not accept that Collins is required or wanted. i feel we have enough cover at back row & the money req for him could go on other players, I do not wish to ridicule your comments, but i do feel that you should explain yourself instead of making sweeping comments. I ask again who has been signed that has been succesful that would of fitted into the Tigers 1st team & been available evry week & not excluded on the overseas player rule?
glass is half full
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

simon redshaw wrote:So you'd rather have people like Newby and Woods who aren't as good as Collins. You are a strange person. But then that's typical of so many who would rather have average players then top players.

I expect you wouldn't have had Nick Evans.
i would have enjoyed Nick Evans being here immensely - but Jerry Collins would be a practically pointless signing - he's a 6/8 and for 6/8s next season we have got Newby, Croft, Crane, Corry and Moody - what POSSIBLE use could we have for Jerry Collins when we're already packed with quality in his position? It's waste of resources and salary cap, and in Jerrys case these would be HUGE wastages.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

rizzo know what you are saying... but it'll never happen even if someone says something and puts in my opinionsome one will disagree but not be able to say it nicely...
If threads descend into slanging or name calling they will be locked.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother