Tuilagi on Vainikolo

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Tuilagi on Vainikolo

Post by kornboy130 »

Was wondering if anyone new a photo website with a picture of this? ive checked getty but they only have it after Vainikolo has got up - Moment of the match for me was our island monster bouncing off theirs.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Try this link:

http://www.tigerimages.net/

Not sure what pictures are there.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Try www.gettyimages.com and search against Leicester tigers. Lots of Gloucs game photos.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

There are some awesome shots on this site, particularly the ones of Alesana with 2 Gloucester players hanging off him and Ryan Lamb on the floor after being 'run over'. The determination on Alex's face says everything about the match for me.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lets put the record straight

Post by smalldell »

Tualigi's try was great but if Vainikolo had been in a similar position he would have done the same possibly.

However, I think yesterday showed that Vainikolo has a long way to go. He is at the same stage Varndell was at 12 months ago in terms of understanding the game.

He could be a valuable asset in 12 months time if used developed right and used effectively.

On Tualigi he clearly wanted to prove a point, I thought his cover tackling was brilliant and the criticism he has received clearly hurt him.
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Hate to say I told you so, but I did, just can't remember which thread I posted it on. Tuilagi destroyed them last year, and I said that Lamb and Allen wouldn't be able to cope with him coming on the crash again, thought Vainikolo would've done better though, and his tackling was immense, also said Tindall wouldn't make it to half time, didn't think he wouldn't start though. Hipkiss had a better game too, far busier and staye on his feet well to give the forwards a terrific target, Murphy was awesome and should've got the M.O.M vote in my opinion. Herring unlucky to go off due to the forigner rule as he was the pick of the back rows for me.
You gotta think the odds are stacking against Wasps now, no Vickery, Cipriani, Voyce and Ibanez and Payne doubtful. We are going to out Wasp Wasps by running it in from fourth, I can feel it.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I said from the start, it was a kneejerk reaction putting Vainikolo straight into the England team. Johnno has it spot on, he clearly could be very good, but needs work.
tiger1989

Post by tiger1989 »

Vainikolo got that tackle horribly wrong as did the others attempting to tackle him. As for tuilagi can't remember who said it but they were right he had no right to score from there with the defenders that he did have in front of him but he just proved what a valuable asset he is. Glaws must be sick of the sight of him. Fantastic Alex lets hope u can run over the insects at HQ like u did on Sunday.
goodeshairpiece

Post by goodeshairpiece »

Vainikolo got himself horribly out of position basically. He pushed inside too early so when the ball was popped to Alex he had to tackle him while off-balance with his weak shoulder.

Had Les stayed wide it would have been a head-on tackle, like the one Lamb was flattened with.

Vainikolo, despite his size, has never been a very good tackler as anyone who follows RL knows. He's a quick, big bloke who can finish well - beyond that there is not much else.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Sabretooth,

Thanks for the youtube link....

Spinetingling stuff. :smt003
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

wasps did a good job on tuilagi last year, what I hope is that we have learnt from that and use alex as a decoy and suck in the defenders and give TV some space.