Andy Goode please stay

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Against Toulouse earlier this season at home we played 50% academy products - they might not all be form Leicestershire but thats still a good ahcievement when you run it against other clubs. We have more foreigners now than we ever did in the past but due to internationals we provide we have to cover for them aswell as have the few choice foreigners in some positions, and this plays a part in our recruitment.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

gkbradley wrote:The point I was trying to make, obviously not clearly enough, is that not so long ago Leicester Tigers had a majority of English players, many of whom were relatively local, who formed the core of the team with a few overseas players here and there.

That seems to have changed now such that, apart from the 2nd row and to some extent the back row, the strongest team would consist of overseas players in most of the remaining positions.

Not against overseas players in any way and I realise things move on but it just won't seem the same(to me at least) to be watching a Leicester 'UN' team playing a Northampton 'UN' team.
I don't disagree (although I think you are overexaggerating the situation somewhat), but a number of the most recent "local lads" have not progressed into the team as we (and they) might have liked purely because other squad players are performing better. Holford couldn't hold a place, Cornwell hasn't broken into the 1st XV, Abrahams. I understand what you are saying, but would you rather have a Tigers team full of local players, or a stronger team more capable of winning with a mix of academy/foreigners/EQPs bought in from around the country??
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Maybe a goode time to debate this again now?
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Back on topic:

Oh Goodey, we love you
Please don't go to Brive
We've pies and orange cheese for you
Please say that you won't leave.
georgierockssocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by georgierockssocks »

Goodey so cannot leave, its just not right, it wont be the same without someone to yell at occasionally and they woop for the next! With his flowy flowy receeding bob i declare he is not allowed to leave!!! :smt003
tiger1989

Post by tiger1989 »

Horrific first kick not much better with the second, got his composure, and we are in the final. Goodey you proved to any doubters today that you can do it but one question.....why is it that you can knock over some of the most outrageous kicks seen on a Rugby pitch but when we stick you in front of the posts 25 metres out all goes to pot :smt002 all in all Goodey please stay because when you are on your game you're really on your game.
Marcelo Rocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Marcelo Rocks »

Best description of a hairstyle I've seen in ages.

Oh Goodey
You do such a wonderful job
With your flowy flowy
Receding bob.
georgierockssocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by georgierockssocks »

Best description of a hairstyle I've seen in ages
Thank You very much :smt003 , it does just seem to flow behind him in slow motion everytime he has a bit of a run. It's a very poetic movement...or is that just me? :smt017
rosbif

Post by rosbif »

I sincerely hope that all those critics of Andy Goode are now eating so much 'humble pie' it makes them ill.What a finish- what a stormer- what a 'cool hand Luke' attitude to be able to deliver the Goodes. In one respect I hope he leaves the Tigers for Brive since it's only just about an hour away from 'chez moi'. Man of the Match for the final- I'll give it a tenner!!!!
Living in France BUT English forever.