Andy Goode please stay

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Shot down? No don't remembr that, wishful thinking on your part there I think.

As for the starting lineup, well you work the possibilities out for yourself but it could well be the case that there are only a few Engish players in it.
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

15. Vesty
14. TV
13. Hipkiss
12. Youngs
11. Erinle
10. Goode
9. Ellis
1. Cole
2. Chuter
3. White
4. Deacon
5. Kay
6. Croft
7. Moody
8. Corry

Oh look, a totally English side. The shock of it!!
Ed
midlands-fan

Post by midlands-fan »

I think Goode should day, I know on occasions his kicking for goal lets him down but he does tend to have an excellent game in other areas of the pitch. His passing of the ball is excellent and when in form like in the EDF Semi-Final against Wasps he was just magnificent but I suppose at the end of the day he has to do what is best for him.
Mad-Midland-Fan
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

gkbradley wrote:But that's just it kornboy - last year there were quite a few overseas players coming in and this year even more. As I said on another thread, next season we could be looking at a starting line up with only about 3 English players in it and only 1 from the Midlands. Soon the only thing I will recognise is the shirt.
there are no more foreigners joining this season than there are leaving - we've signed two and lost Young, Humphreys, Murphy and Hamilton - all "foreign" (although just how foreign big jim is is pretty dubious i must admit).
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Bud wrote:15. Vesty
14. TV
13. Hipkiss
12. Youngs
11. Erinle
10. Goode
9. Ellis
1. Cole
2. Chuter
3. White
4. Deacon
5. Kay
6. Croft
7. Moody
8. Corry

16.Collet
17.Stankovich
18.Blaze
19.Crane
20.Youngs
21.Flood
22.M Smith

Blasphemy!!! Herecy!!!
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

now I'm just waiting for the all non-english team. :smt003

They could play a game, like the old Possibles v Probables.
:smt017
I'd pay to see that!!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

we need a 10 who scares the opposition when he gets the ball and I have never felt AG does that. There are only a few who do and, if we can get one of those, like Carter or Hernandez, not only is the attack more potent but defence is better because more attacking is being done. :smt023
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Trout 63 wrote:now I'm just waiting for the all non-english team. :smt003
you'll notice that the above team is a team of players who should be with us next season as far as we know - so heres an attempted foreign one:

1.Ayerza
2.Kayser
3.Castro
4.Wentzel
5.?
6.?
7.Herring (though might not be here)
8.Newby
9.Dupuy
10.Mieres (on trial now, not definate)
11.J Murphy
12.Mauger
13.Rabeni
14.Tuilagi
15.G Murphy
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

From this article

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,182 ... 40,00.html

Goodey makes some very interesting points, particularly about more than one coach being at the club. He sounds very positive too and with a lot of good to say about Marcello has swayed me a little from thinking he's off...
JCJD

Post by JCJD »

I would love to see Goodey stay. Undoubtably, his performance fluctuates. Undoubtably, so does every other players out there, 10's are just more visable, good or bad.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

kornboy - that's exactly what I was trying to convey, i.e. that we could be looking at a starting line up with only a few English in it, e.g. as above with possibly Kay/Deacon at 5 and Corry/Deacon at 6. I did not say that was the only scenario but it seems some people just want to interpret things in a way that they can then try and score some cheap shots.

By the way Hamilton is not foreign, he was born in Coventry was he not?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

kornboy130 wrote:
Bud wrote:15. Vesty
14. TV
13. Hipkiss
12. Youngs
11. Erinle
10. Goode
9. Ellis
1. Cole
2. Chuter
3. White
4. Deacon
5. Kay
6. Croft
7. Moody
8. Corry

16.Collet
17.Stankovich
18.Blaze
19.Crane
20.Youngs
21.Flood
22.M Smith

Blasphemy!!! Herecy!!!

Hate to point it out but Stanko is a Kiwi & (despite playing for England U21 in the past) is not eligible to play for England at the moment.
SabreTooth

Post by SabreTooth »

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Story/0,182 ... 40,00.html

Doesn't sound much like a guy on the way out.
Tigers are remarkable for their strength and speed. They are named tiger for their speed, because in the language of the Medes and Persians the word for arrow is tigris.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Dave Angel wrote: Hate to point it out but Stanko is a Kiwi & (despite playing for England U21 in the past) is not eligible to play for England at the moment.
Replace him with Parr.

I understand GK but that team would almost certainly not be selected, due to foreign player rulings for a start - and though in a few areas it might not, overall the English 22 out numbers the foreign team of 13 and probably looks the stronger starting XV (imo). dont worry GK - we're losing nothing.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

The point I was trying to make, obviously not clearly enough, is that not so long ago Leicester Tigers had a majority of English players, many of whom were relatively local, who formed the core of the team with a few overseas players here and there.

That seems to have changed now such that, apart from the 2nd row and to some extent the back row, the strongest team would consist of overseas players in most of the remaining positions.

Not against overseas players in any way and I realise things move on but it just won't seem the same(to me at least) to be watching a Leicester 'UN' team playing a Northampton 'UN' team.