Who needs sleeping tablets when ......

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bad Wolf

Who needs sleeping tablets when ......

Post by Bad Wolf »

...... you've got the guy who was on the PA yesterday. What a bore with absolutely no emotion in his voice. He should go back to being a platform announcer at his local railway station.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

... but at least he wasn't Charlie Dagnell!!!! Send Charlie back to Grace Road!!!! How did Dagnell get there in the first place? he seems to have made a media career out of the fact he once took a couple of wickets in a Twenty20 match that happened to be on TV.

Get someone who has more empathy with rugby!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

for your info as you obviously couldn't be bothered to find out his name is Gary Sherrard and he is the media officer down at the tigers. As far as his voice goes if someone can give me the name of a geordie that does not have a monotone voice that would be great secondly the guy is highly passionate about rugby and works damn hard at his job as well as coaching his lads under 9 team at a local club
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Sorry, I wasn't criticising Gary Sherrard for not having empathy with rugby I was criticising Charlie Dagnell!!
Bad Wolf

Post by Bad Wolf »

MJ Chairman, whoever he is, whatever position he holds at the club and whichever team he coaches is immaterial. With the sun beating on my face and the monotonous drawl as he announced the teams, I could easily have fallen asleep.

Also, I take it you don't listen to Geordies very often. Their voices can go up and down two or three times in one sentence. I should know since I'm married to one.
Last edited by Bad Wolf on Sun May 11, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

I and those around me were saying the same as the original poster said, for a game of this magnitude he should have been really stoking up the tigers crowd (as neutrally as possible, of course :smt002 ).

I have no argument that he does a good job as media officer at the Tigers, but for entertainment value Daggers wins everytime (Unless they could have brought Tudor back for a one off game) :smt005
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

[quote="Bad Wolf"]MJ Chairman, whoever he is and whatever position he holds at the club is immaterial. With the sun beating on my face and the monotonous drawl as he announced the teams, I could easily have fallen asleep.

Also, I take it you don't listen to Geordies very often. Their voices can go up and down two or three times in one sentence. I should know since I'm married to one.[/quote

My Dad and I were debating whether he was either a Goerdie or a Welshman. We also thought his voice was much easier on the ear than the usual PA bloke.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

I agree that gary is hardly a natural the point i was making was that he tried his hardest and knowing the bloke if there had been someone else available they would have been doing it i felt the original posters crack about the railway announcer was bang out of order . i have not heard Dagnell and I agree that Tudor and Matt Poole were both class acts and maybe the club need to be looking at someone who is capable of building the atmosphere better
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

it was funny when their 10 was about to kick a penalty and he started to shus us like little primary school children
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Whilst I think that 'Daggers' leaves a lot to be desired on the Rugby Hour, I think he does a decent enough job at Welford Road. The P.A. system in the Next stand is not good, but Dagnell is reasonably clear. Gary, I'm afraid, was virtually unintelligible on Saturday.

Whatever other qualities he may have, he should not be asked to do the P.A. job again. Sorry.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Could we get Sam back from NZ?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
gimme
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gimme »

I reckon anyone that has the bottle to get out there in front of the baying thousands deserves a pat on the back, must be rather nerve-racking don`t you think Wolfy ? buy him a pint before you go to sleep, he deserves one.! (mind you he was.........)
brave
that`s me. gme. let your fingers do the walking
Roll on Christmas, let`s have some nuts
AND
(don`t forget Sheila`s bread pudding)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

As I wasn't able to be there due to illness, I can't say about audibility etc, but I do know that there would have to be a very good reason why Gary took on this job and not Daggers or someone else.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

I too find him irritating with his shushing. If there is any noise from the crowd when there is a kick about to take place, I find the crowd are far more effective at policing than his condescending nannying.

Just glad that the PA system is so poor where I sit in the Next Stand that I can't hear him half the time