Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nik
Super User
Super User

Moderator1

Post by Nik »

You have just deleted a whole thread and then put:
This thread has been deleted as certain parts of its content are considered potentially defamatory.
This forum welcomes opinion but please take note of the official rules regarding content before posting on the site.
Why on earth didn't you just delete the posts that you thought defamatory?

Whilst I respect your job it appears that the Club are trying to shut the supporters up also... get a grip please, we're not children.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

Well said
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

The thread was probably defamatory, but as it didn't identify anyone then I don't see the problem. There's no way in hell anyone could sue for libel as a result of that thread.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It is far more efficient, quicker and easier to remove the whole thread than go through and remove several offending posts. You can start a new thread with the same subject matter, I can start one for you if you like.

No doubt there will be the usual complaints and bleating about censorship and free speech. Well, the rules of the forum are that "You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit." Everyone agreed to abide by those rules when they registered. There is no onus on any moderator or the Club to explain why posts have been removed, although generally this is done.

No one is trying to "shut the fans up" - if they did, quite a number more posts and threads could conceivably be removed! All that is being asked is that people think before they post about whether their message could be potentially opening a legal can of worms. In the main, individual posts are the ones removed, but in some cases the whole topic will be removed.
The Club cannot allow posts that could be potentially litigious to remain on the forum and expose them to problems as a result.

Munster closed their official forum not long ago, Leicester City have shut theirs down. We don't want to lose this place, do we?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

sammy wrote:The thread was probably defamatory, but as it didn't identify anyone then I don't see the problem. There's no way in hell anyone could sue for libel as a result of that thread.
It did identify some people in a particular way which was considered a reason to remove it.
Demelza - another Mother
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Rizzo, if they had the time to read the thread then it wouldn't take 2 seconds to delete the offending posts, no bleating at all but this is the second time this has happened.

Whilst we all sign up to agree by the rules it appears that when there is something going on at the club and the press are involved big brother club steps in and presses the delete button...

Why on earth hasn't Moderator1 had the decency to post instead of getting you involved Rizzo... he needs to grow up and be accountable for his actions instead of sending you in.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Any topic that starts with the phrase "Barnsey making sense" deserves to be deleted... :smt023
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Nik wrote:Rizzo, if they had the time to read the thread then it wouldn't take 2 seconds to delete the offending posts, no bleating at all but this is the second time this has happened.

Whilst we all sign up to agree by the rules it appears that when there is something going on at the club and the press are involved big brother club steps in and presses the delete button...

Why on earth hasn't Moderator1 had the decency to post instead of getting you involved Rizzo... he needs to grow up and be accountable for his actions instead of sending you in.
No one "got me involved", I did it off my own bat, as I know Mod1 is in a meeting and cannot log on again until later this afternoon.

Yes, we (collectively as moderators) could go and delete posts individually. This time we didn't and it's just the way it is on this occasion. I'm sorry if I sound terse, but if you think this place is strict on complaints or negative posts, you haven't seen many other official forums around the net!
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Moderator1.

Is that the guy that Patrick McGoohan was always trying to get to in The Prisoner?

Rizzo, are you Number 2?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

As far as i am concerned this just proves that there are troubles at the club which the board have completely lost control of. If this was different, a press release or a better explanation would have been given. We have been discussing problems and obviously the club do not wish us knowing there are problems which they cannot control.

I remain to support the players, but the current coaching set-up, along with the board have completely lost my trust in recent weeks.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

With respect, TTTRITH, that's bilge. You want a press release saying the Club have removed potentially litigious posts from their forum? How do you know Moderator1 is someone within the Club?

Someone posted a few things that were insulting and implying things that were potentially libellous. Moderator1 removed the thread as he/she didn't have time to edit individual posts.

I am sorry, but learn to live with it. There's always the unofficial forum if people want to post stuff that's not allowed here. I'm off to do some work now.
Demelza - another Mother
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

What did barnsey say that made sense? - I have missed both Rugby Club and the thread - I am now intrigued
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

i really can't see why stating who you think is responsable for the problems shouldnt be allowed to be posted on here.
Its not like names were mentioned by anyone.
Last edited by TTRITH on Fri May 09, 2008 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Rizzo wrote:With respect, TTTRITH, that's bilge. How do you even know Moderator1 is an official of or working for the Club?

With respect Rizzo, probably because you have confirmed previously that Moderator 1 is the mod ID that the club uses!

I agree with you though that the mods should be allowed to act in any way that they feel free & shouldn't need to explain or justify their every action to forum users unless they feel it necessary.

We all signed up to the T&Cs and they allow the mods to act as they see fit. End of story!