Atmosphere

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Song that the older ones will know, based on 'ten green bottles hanging on the wall'.

15 green Tigers playing on the pitch.
15 green Tigers playing on the pitch.
And if one green Tiger receives a yellow card,
There'll be 14 green Tigers playing on the pitch.

14 green Tigers playing on the pitch.
14 green Tigers playing on the pitch.
And if one green Tiger receives a yellow card,
There'll be 13 green Tigers playing on the pitch.

And so on!
Rod
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rod »

The reason there has been less noise this year is because of what has been going on on the pitch. When Tigers show their hallmark passion and make the first up tackles and don't make amateurish knock-ons, then the crowd get right behind them. But it's difficult to raise a roar, when you've got your head in your hands in disbelief at what is going on on the pitch. I believe crowd noise is a barometer of quality on the pitch. WE DON'T HAVE TO WIN EVERY GAME BUT WE DO HAVE TO DO THE BASICS PROPERLY AND SHOW THAT AGE OLD :censored: MINDEDNESS.
Remember some years ago, when Gloucester came and bullied us off the park for 40 minutes and we were about 18 points down. Then Tigers dug deep turned it round and the crowd went with them. The roar as Freddie Tuilagi went over for the winning try was unbelievable. The whole of the Crumbie rose as one. A visceral response to guts and passion.
Rod
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rod »

The reason there has been less noise this year is because of what has been going on on the pitch. When Tigers show their hallmark passion and make the first up tackles and don't make amateurish knock-ons, then the crowd get right behind them. But it's difficult to raise a roar, when you've got your head in your hands in disbelief at what is going on on the pitch. I believe crowd noise is a barometer of quality on the pitch. WE DON'T HAVE TO WIN EVERY GAME BUT WE DO HAVE TO DO THE BASICS PROPERLY AND SHOW THAT AGE OLD :censored: MINDEDNESS.
Remember some years ago, when Gloucester came and bullied us off the park for 40 minutes and we were about 18 points down. Then Tigers dug deep turned it round and the crowd went with them. The roar as Freddie Tuilagi went over for the winning try was unbelievable. The whole of the Crumbie rose as one. A visceral response to guts and passion.
Bad Wolf

Post by Bad Wolf »

Rod, so what you are saying on both your posts is it should be the team who get the crowd going and not the other way round.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I think it works both ways - when the team are on the front foot it brings excitement to the fans.

When the team are on the back foot, fans should make themselves heard to lift the team.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
PlymouthPaul

Post by PlymouthPaul »

I guess we're too used to, and have been spolit by, the good times.

Crowds at other 'less successful' teams seem to go along and shout and sing just cos they are there - they like to make an occasion of it.

I love the 'attack' drums at at, I think its Saracens or maybe Irish - wot ever - fantastic.

I see little point in pulling in a 17,000 crowd for us all to sit there like we at a funeral - however apt it might be at the mo.

Yep - bring back the Hiss and Boo band. And full marks to the chap who does bring a drum and bangs it once in the game - it's a start.
AND THE TIGERS ARE GETTING HUNGRY....
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

PlymouthPaul wrote:I guess we're too used to, and have been spolit by, the good times.
Too right. We fans (me at least) used to turn up and not even have any pretense that it would be a close game. Another victory, another 5 tries to cheer.

Other clubs have worked really hard to close the quality gap, some have overtaken us and GP games are now much more contestable. I remember towards the end of the incredible run of home victories a few years ago that I was almost getting bored of seeing the team win, there was no mystique left in the game, no suspense, very little drama. Fans need to have a doubt that there team will win or what's the point? I obviously loved seeing us win, but it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

I can't really say too much because I don't get to many games anymore, but I do think some elements of the crowd may well still have the mindset that all the team has to do is turn up and another victory is assured. When the opposition actually have the temerity to try, they don't quite know how to react, and fall quieter rather than louder as you would hope.

Perhaps???
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Has anyone else noticed that the decline in atmosphere started with the smoking ban?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bad Wolf

Post by Bad Wolf »

Bill W wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the decline in atmosphere started with the smoking ban?
In a word, no.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Bill W wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the decline in atmosphere started with the smoking ban?
There's been a smoking ban in place for four of five years?!
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

There has been a smoking ban in the stands for even longer than that! But in the tunnels only this season I think.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Well that explains it then. There's no smoke without fire as they say, or in this case, there's no fire in the stands without smoke in the tunnels. Or something like that... :smt017
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The only atmosphere that smoking creates is a poisonous stinky one :smt002
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Rizzo wrote:The only atmosphere that smoking creates is a poisonous stinky one :smt002
Very extreme Rizzo. "One of" or even "the main" atmosphere ......

But the only??????

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Ah you know me, Bill, I am very extreme! :yawinkle:

Maybe I am being harsh, but I am glad it's banned throughout the ground.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother