New season ticket packages

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Kinoulton wrote:Are your next of kin allowed to sell them back if you snuff it before the three years is up?

Some of us are getting on, you know!
How kind of you to think of me Kinny!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
britishlions1

Post by britishlions1 »

Dave Angel wrote:On another (now locked) thread, general lee wrote:

Am I the only person who is disgusted to receive a letter from the club asking the loyal supporters to buy three year season tickets and then arrange a credit company who want to charge £70.00 for the pleasure??

Surely the club could have come up with a fairer way for the loyal suppporters to pay in advance. The Price freeze means nothing with an APR of 13.9%!!

Im disgusted with the APR rate. Your right it should be interest free like the football club are. I will be getting me season ticket just for th year, i imagine with all the works going on the Next stadn being put in the standing area i will be fed up with it all by next year!!
To be honest, yes you do appear to be the only one that is "disgusted" by it.

I don't really see what the problem is with this loan company.

For a start, you don't need to take it out & the club didn't need to offer it!

The obvious thing to do if you don't like the credit terms is to sort out a similar loan yourself at a better APR (if you can get it).

Some will be able to get a better APR & some won't. Like any other finance agreement you may consider taking out, if you can find a better deal there is nothing stopping you taking it out. If you can't find a better deal (as some won't be able to) then this may be beneficial to some people.

It's not the club's job to shop around for the best loan terms for ever ST holder. They have merely provided one option for you to consider. They didn't even have to do that!

Quite simply, if you don't like it, the club is not forcing you to take it up!
ancientmariner

Re ST renewals:-

Post by ancientmariner »

There's something wrong with the maths somewhere. My silver concession ST in 2007/08 cost £210. (I've been an
ST holder for 50 years). The renewal application for the three-year package quotes £774, which is nowhere near a freeze on the 2007/08 price.
Ancient Mariner
pebble
Top Cat
Top Cat

As Post

Post by pebble »

Maybe they wont need to build the new stadium. there is one going begging just down the road. That's if we will be able to afford it, with relegation on the horizon next season.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Re: Re ST renewals:-

Post by Dave Angel »

ancientmariner wrote:There's something wrong with the maths somewhere. My silver concession ST in 2007/08 cost £210. (I've been an
ST holder for 50 years). The renewal application for the three-year package quotes £774, which is nowhere near a freeze on the 2007/08 price.

My guess is that they have reverted your later year prices to the full adult price. You should contact the ticket office to get this amended as they've possbly ignored the concessions element in later years.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Sorry to drag this thread back into the limelight when most of you are probably fed up with it, but as we're getting to the sharp end of the season the clever money is being laid against us qualifying for the HC. If this were to happen, then we might only have 13 meaningful home matches next season, unless we progress in the EDF.

If the A league folds due to the lack of a sponsor, which has been rumoured, then there's another shortfall in matches compared to this season.

Then if we don't attract any class players during the summer, to fill vital positions and provide cover for absent players, then we're not likely to get into the HC in 09-10 either.

Whitecap said that we had to be prepared to take a gamble when we buy these 2/3 year deals, but the odds on us getting value for money don't look too good to me.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I suppose it depends on what you define as "meaningful" games Cliffeclimber!

If we miss out on the HC we will still qualify for the European Challenge Cup & will have 3 home pool games in that competition included on the ST instead of 3 home HC games. (We would also be far more likely to reach the knockout stages of the ECC than the HC as well but that's a separate issue!)

Also, when you consider that A league matches are pretty much free to anyone (ST holder or not) given the amount of free entry vouchers available at the turnstiles, they become far les of an ST perk!

Similarly, if we don't get in to the HC in 09/10 we'd still qualify for the ECC again & still get 3 European pool matches on the ST.

The NUMBER of matches included on the ST won't change (EDF home/away split excepted), though you may argue that the quality of the opposition for 3 of them might diminish depending on which Euro competition we're in.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

"sharp end of the season the clever money is being laid against us qualifying for the HC"

Is anyone betting against Leicester qualifying for the HC next season? As I see it the top 6 should qualify ( providing Bath win the Euro Challenge Cup)

Two wins for Tigers will give us HC next season.

I have every confidence that we will watch Heineken Cup rugby at Welford Road next season.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

jgriffin wrote:Mrs G and I decided on one year tickets for several reasons, one of which was the possible number of matches if no HC qualifier etc. We wouldn't use the offered package as you can get far better rates if borrowing by paying back over the period of the ticket, although 14% is about the going non-secured rate. The last straw was that she works for a major finance company and has just received redundancy papers. Ho hum.
Sorry to hear that JG, wish her good luck on the job hunting front.

I agree with Tigerbeat - Tigers to win the last two matches, Bath to win the ECC and we're in. The biggest problem will be trying to support Bath in the ECC final!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

I sincerely and fervently do hope that we'll get the magic points to get us into the HC next year, and I'm not a doom merchant, but when you're paying out large sums from a limited budget, you've got to weigh it up carefully.

And I know all about the ECC games, DA, but what I meant by dismissing them as not being "meaningful" is that if we're finding it hard to recruit world class players now, how much more difficult will it be if we're playing in the 2nd tier competition? Ask Northampton - and City - how easy it is to get on the slippery slope.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Cliffeclimber wrote:And I know all about the ECC games, DA, but what I meant by dismissing them as not being "meaningful" is that if we're finding it hard to recruit world class players now, how much more difficult will it be if we're playing in the 2nd tier competition? Ask Northampton - and City - how easy it is to get on the slippery slope.

Northampton don't seem to be struggling with recruitment this season do they?

And as for playing in the 2nd tier competition, it's not stopped St. Jonny repeatedly resigning for Newcastle has it?

One season in the ECC wouldn't be the end of the world for Tigers nor the end of the road in terms of recruitment either. The kind of players we would want to be signing are the kind of players who know to look at the bigger picture & further ahead than just one season.

If a player is so mercenary as to reject Tigers purely because of a European "blip" for one season then they aren't the kind of player I want to see signing for us in the first place! I want our signings to want to play for the club, not just to sign becuase we are in the HC.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Couldn't agree more about only wanting top players who want to play for the best supported team in Europe. Unfortunately, at the moment, these seem as scarce as hens' teeth.

I know you'll point to the great bunch of lads who've joined us in the last two seasons, and who have given their all for the cause, but we seem to be missing opportunities to enhance our squad at the moment.

Of course, we don't know what deals are being brokered behind closed doors, and we can only hope that there are some big name signings coming our way.

All I'm saying about the ECC is that it isn't the cherry on the cake in these negotiations. Playing in the HC and being paid top money for it does seem to be what attracts players elsewhere.

Seeing HC games rather than ECC ones is also what attracts supporters to part with several hundred pounds sterling!
Last edited by Cliffeclimber on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Wolf

Post by Bad Wolf »

Cliffeclimber wrote:Whitecap said that we had to be prepared to take a gamble when we buy these 2/3 year deals, but the odds on us getting value for money don't look too good to me.
Your choices are quite simple. You can either:

a) support your club through thick and thin or,
b) go glory-hunting with some other club