New season ticket packages

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

But Bruce, simple maths can't be applied in this sense as the Gold section is determined by location in relation to the pitch, not by absolute numbers.

Therefore if the gold section were to stay at the same percentage of the new stand as at present (which is far more likely than the absolute number of gold seats staying constant) then silver seats will have to move further away from the centre as I have already said.

I don't believe that they will expand the premium sections above the current percentages in the existing stand. Absolute numbers will obviously increase but probably not percentage allocations.

Logic & common sense say that you can't retain the fixed number of top category seats as if you di you would end up having to reband the locations of the Crumbie seats similarly in order to avoid people on the Crumbie side of the pitch paying more for the same "view" than those on the Next side!

It's "not marketing spin", it's just simple common sense!

When you receive your offer pack through you will see answers to some of the more obvious questions, including what happens if your seat location is "re-banded" to a more expensive category.
Bruce Hornby-Trainset

Post by Bruce Hornby-Trainset »

Yes, I need to see the pack, Dave. But I still think it probable that the club will insert a new premium category and/or expand the gold proportions.

Why not ask the club for the proposed new layout? It must exist if they are able to make statements described so far. I would expect a reply suggesting that they haven't made any firm decisions yet
This year I'm on the Whisky diet. It really works - last week I lost three days!
Shogun
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Shogun »

Nik wrote:I can't find any mention of Family season tickets... where was that information?
Nik, Standing Family tickets are

1 yr £589 or 6 x £102.58 (£615.51)
2 yr £1080 or 12 x £95.40 (£1144.80)
3 yr £1620 or 18 x £98.55 (£1773.90)

Hope this helps

Might help if the club published all prices to everyone so that peeps could work out all options.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bruce Hornby-Trainset wrote:Why not ask the club for the proposed new layout? It must exist if they are able to make statements described so far. I would expect a reply suggesting that they haven't made any firm decisions yet

To be honest Bruce, I don't really care where the diamond/gold/siver split is as I stand on the terrace!

If you are that fussed I would suggest that you be the one to request such a seating plan as you appear to be the one most concerned & affected by it.
Bruce Hornby-Trainset

Post by Bruce Hornby-Trainset »

On behalf of all those other than Dave Angel who are considering forking out loads of hard-earned dosh on a three-year seat deal, I contacted the ticket office by email and asked for the proposed new layout.

They actually rang me and gave a really interesting slant on the whole thing (which is apparently referred to in the information pack). Other than telling me that a seating plan has not yet been approved by the Board, they told me that if the seat I am allocated in years 2 & 3 (year 1 is in the "old" Next Stand) consequently falls into a higher band e.g. Gold, I would not have to pay any extra. In year 4, I would have to pay more.

This seems to suggest that they expect the new Gold (and Diamond) to spread outwards. This could be just the impact of wider seats, but I would suspect a long-term strategy of inducing people to "uptrade" by spreading the premium bands.

Until a real layout plan is issued, there must be some uncertainty involved about investing your cash in this deal. It's up to the individual - you pays yer money.........
This year I'm on the Whisky diet. It really works - last week I lost three days!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bruce, I think you'll find that I said (on this very thread) basically the same as the tickte office told you!

See below for a copy of what I said about 2 & a half hours ago:

-----

Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Bruce, it also says that if your seat location ends up changing category (ie now silver but the same place becomes gold in the new stand) you will still be entitled to your current seat without having to pay any extra (is you will effectively be upgraded).
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Cos I stand it doesn't seem to tell me where all you Next Stand bods will sit as the building progresses. I understood that the Next Stand was effectively going to be pushed back so that a full size pitch can be created. The construction is taking 18 months (I think) so, if you're buying a 2 or 3 year ticket, will you actually have a seat to sit on?!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I am given to understand that should the new Next Stand not be complete in time for the start of the 2009/10 season, temporary seating will be arrnaged on the Crumbie Terrace.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
down the brickies
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by down the brickies »

If you baulk at the idea of paying interest, even a small amount as in this case, why not bag yourself an interest free purchases credit card?

There are loads of good deals on t'internet at the minute, over 12 and sometimes 15 months.

If you don't manage to pay the balance off in time just switch it to an interest free balance transfer card. Then, when you've paid it off, cut the card up! Simple!

It makes huge sense to get the 3 year ticket, the prices are less in year two and and year three making huge savings, you're helping the club massively, and (fingers crossed) you may be able to see JMH playing in the new stadium!

No brainer!
Form is temporary - Class is eternal
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Bill, if the Next stand is to be re-positioned on the terrace, where will those of us who stand on the terrace go? Will we be issued with hard hats so that we can stand in the building site area of the new Next stand?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Don't be silly!! You would be dry there!! No herded into the Granby Halls car park and issued with periscopes!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

PS One between 20

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

On another (now locked) thread, general lee wrote:

Am I the only person who is disgusted to receive a letter from the club asking the loyal supporters to buy three year season tickets and then arrange a credit company who want to charge £70.00 for the pleasure??

Surely the club could have come up with a fairer way for the loyal suppporters to pay in advance. The Price freeze means nothing with an APR of 13.9%!!

To be honest, yes you do appear to be the only one that is "disgusted" by it.

I don't really see what the problem is with this loan company.

For a start, you don't need to take it out & the club didn't need to offer it!

The obvious thing to do if you don't like the credit terms is to sort out a similar loan yourself at a better APR (if you can get it).

Some will be able to get a better APR & some won't. Like any other finance agreement you may consider taking out, if you can find a better deal there is nothing stopping you taking it out. If you can't find a better deal (as some won't be able to) then this may be beneficial to some people.

It's not the club's job to shop around for the best loan terms for ever ST holder. They have merely provided one option for you to consider. They didn't even have to do that!

Quite simply, if you don't like it, the club is not forcing you to take it up!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Hinckley member, were you a new ST holder in 2007/08?

If so, that's why you don't have a discount.

If you have been an ST holder for longer than a year then contact the ticket office as your renewal pack has been priced & sent out wrongly!

If you've been an ST holder for over 1 year already then your 2 & 3 year deals should be priced at 2x & 3x your 2007/08 ST price.