New season ticket packages

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

not disputing that it's a good idea but family silver ticket is a lot to fork out in one go and if the club want commitment why can't they offer interest free? My kids will both go from junior to adult in that period and am not sure they will both still want to go so would the club buy them back if that were the case?
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

You should email the ticket office with your query about buying back the tickets, i guess it may be possible?

On the subject of interest free I guess the club are not financing the monthly payment scheme they are in effect selling the cost of the ticket to a finance company who is lending you the money, the point is the club are investing a lot of money into the new stand and they need us to pledge our support and show the bank that we are willing to invest in our club too. I think it's a fantastic offer and even with the interest will be cheaper than paying the normal year on year increases.
TE

Post by TE »

Well I moved out to france to live last year and as such have only been to a couple of games this season, I'm in a bit of a quandry as to whether to renew again as it makes it very expensive to go to matches.

As I never know when I'm back in Leicester ( not very often)and even if there is a match on, its a bit of an expensive gamble.

decent rugby is perhaps the one thing i miss living here in Normandie, apart from family ( ok perhaps not)

I've not had my renew papers yet so I dont know about the prices etc but even so its going to be expensive..

I dont want to give up my ST as I've had it for quite a few years and seems almost part of me now. The option of knowing I can go to a match whenever I'm in leicester is quite a pull but also is the cost and waste of a ticket when I'm not there.

ooh the dilema.

Tony
Bondi

Post by Bondi »

My only concern with this would be if the new ground does not fill and then Tigers start to offer discounted tickets to generate larger crowds. I know this does not seem likely now but 3 years is a long time and who knows where we might be then - If, god forbid, we are battling in the bottom half of the league in 3 years time with a 3/4 full stadium how are those who have paid out for a '3 year' season ticket going to feel standing / sitting next to someone who has only paid £5 to get in? It's happened at Leicester City this year and I know people who are not not going to renew next year because of this.... It's the gamble you take I suppose!!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I can't find any mention of Family season tickets... where was that information?
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Each set of details sent out was tailored to the individual.

Therefore I would assume that family ST holders would have been sent out details of 1, 2 or 3 year STs.

As the only info I have is for silver or terrace tickets then I can't assist with family prices. Maybe someone who does have a family ticket can oblige?
hughes

Post by hughes »

:smt023 Deals on offer i think are very fair,come on lads.. and lasses lets get behind the best supported team in the world! :smt023
Do not go where the path may lead,go instead where there is no path and leave a trail for others to follow!
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

I think the whole idea is sound. If yr 2 price for terrace ticket goes up to say 260 and yr 3 to say 275 even if you have to borrow the money it represents good value if you have the money in the buildo better still.

My only observation in the negative is the price per game has gone up alot 221/16 = 13.81, whilst the new one yr deal is 245/15 = 16.33 an increase of 18.25%. This arises due to there being only one EDF home match next season. Also for the same reason the "freezing" at 2007/8 levels is not strictly true as it covers 46 matches and not 48 but there are other minor benefits like pre-season friendlies and discounts on merchandise.

Overall I would recommend taking up the offer where you can afford it.
Bruce Hornby-Trainset

Post by Bruce Hornby-Trainset »

I've not received the offer yet, but my thoughts are:

1. In a larger capacity ground there is every chance of unfilled seats and hence discounted tickets, as Bondi outlined above. I think that this is a real possibility, and faced with cash-flow issues, don't think for one moment that the club won't discount

2. I'm a silver ticket holder in the Next Stand. What I don't know is what the product I am buying will look like in 18 months time. There will be a new stand, and currently there is no seating plan that will tell me where my new seat will be. The club may well expand the Gold areas (and conceivably add in Platinum and even Green Kryptonite sections) in order to increase Revenue per Spectator by a back-door route. Guarantee me a seat that is at least better (by a reasonable set of standards) then the offer has substance. Right now I would not want to commit to three years and end up level with the goal line

3. The premature demise is one thing, but what if you have a huge argument with the missus over the performances of Aaron Mauger and end up divorcing?

Alright, that's a joke but I do feel strongly about point 2 - is this covered in the details received by people so far?
This year I'm on the Whisky diet. It really works - last week I lost three days!
Bad Wolf

Post by Bad Wolf »

Bruce,

We're in the Next stand (Diamond) and one of the Q & A's in our renewal package says:

Q: I have a season ticket in the Next Stand. Will it be in the same place when the stand is redeveloped?
A: The new seats will be larger than the seats in the existing stand so your seating position may vary slightly.

Also, elsewhere in the leaflet, it says "The new stand will replace the existing Next Stand and will give everyone better choice, better views and even better seats. We'll make sure that you get the seat that you're happy with."
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

Nik wrote:I can't find any mention of Family season tickets... where was that information?
Nik the prices I have for family season tickets in Next Stand (silver seats) are:-
1 year £840
2 yrn £1598
3 £2397
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bruce, it also says that if your seat location ends up changing category (ie now silver but the same place becomes gold in the new stand) you will still be entitled to your current seat without having to pay any extra (is you will effectively be upgraded).
Bruce Hornby-Trainset

Bad Wolf wrote:Bruce,

We're in the Next stand (Diamond) and one of the Q & A's in our renewal package says:

Q: I have a season ticket in the Next Stand. Will it be in the same place when the stand is redeveloped?
A: The new seats will be larger than the seats in the existing stand so your seating position may vary slightly.

Also, elsewhere in the leaflet, it says "The new stand will replace the existing Next Stand and will give everyone better choice, better views and even better seats. We'll make sure that you get the seat that you're happy with."
Better choice, better views, better seats do not necessarily mean same price for all. Equally, "we'll make sure you get the seat that you're happy with" has no connection with either location or price. Their statement is vague enough to allow them a lot of ducking and diving room when the new stand is built.

I need something much more definitive, along the lines of "at least an equivalent or better view (or position) at the same price".

Never trust marketing language - treat it as explicitly as possible
This year I'm on the Whisky diet. It really works - last week I lost three days!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bruce Hornby-Trainset wrote:I need something much more definitive, along the lines of "at least an equivalent or better view (or position) at the same price".

Never trust marketing language - treat it as explicitly as possible

BHT, such a statement would be impossible to make (reliably) for a couple of simple reasons:

1. Desirability of view/position is subjective. eg some would prefer high up to low down & vice versa.

2. With the current seats being made larger, by definition the seats in each row will each end up slightly further from the centre of the pitch than before. As most of the centre block are ST holders then they can't all be given "equivalent or better" locations if the seats are larger.
Bruce Hornby-Trainset

Dave, there are more rows - simple maths will tell you that if you did not increase the numbers of gold seats in total, the silver seats could move towards the middle - which won't happen

The club WILL be looking to increase RPC - expanding the "premium" sections is the obvious and most workable method without direct increases in unit ticket prices