Constructive critiscism

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

HerbertJ

Constructive critiscism

Post by HerbertJ »

I love the way people on this forum choose to constructively criticise our team by saying they are excrement and saying how they are going to not renew season tickets and such. Im not sure what point your trying to make, but it doesnt make for very pleasent reading.

I guess its your perogative though...

Personally I'd like to see the positives, like the fact we are still in the top half of the table :)
English by birth, a Tiger by the Grace of God
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

hang on a minute, I haven't said the team are c.r.a.p but you can't get away from what is the talk of the rugby world - no exageration - Leicester are in crisis, the players are unhappy with the coach - FACT... there is too much unrest...

It needs ACTION NOW - clear the air and move on.

I'll support the team to a hilt but why the hell should we pay to see the mullering our boys took in the first half........

I've never been a doom and gloom merchant more like a straight talker... we need to sort this professionally and make it so the players are happy and perform on the pitch.... Sorry Mercello, you've got to go, but that does't mean making Cockers head coach, that won't work.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

I'm one considering not renewing, having followed the side for nearly 4 decades. The reason, I pay to go and see a competitive game where there may be attrition in the forwards but when released the backs have always created. The last two seasons thre has not been the consistency of previous times. The season tickets are a considerable expense, fully worthwhile if rugby is being watched. I'm afraid the performances this season have not been consistent enough for the money. Money which does not grow on trees.
Lots of reasons as to why Tigers are not now keeping up with standards they set. But there is more to it for me, I've a feeling that the money spent in order to get to Europe etc. with the talk about foreign imports is taking us towards the roundy ball mentality. Don't like that I'm afraid.
Last edited by Goffer3404 on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talltom
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by talltom »

Without wanting, or inviting, a barrage of abuse, but how do we know the players are unhappy under the current regime? I know there are people on this board with ears very close to the ground.
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Nik wrote:I've never been a doom and gloom merchant more like a straight talker...
Until now.

A bit like the defence "I'm not racist but..."

Nik, calm down................ :smt009
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
HerbertJ

Post by HerbertJ »

Woah, guys, you've misunderstood me. Im not saying, keep your ticket. What im saying is ive read enough posts saying "we're playing so poorly im getting rid of my ticket"

I respect free speech, and maybe it should be me leaving rather than posting this, but it doesnt make for construcitve reading!!

Basically i guess what im saying is, anyone and his dog can see we're not playing very well at the moment, why do we need endless posts just pointing this out? Particularly in such disheartening terms?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Its been poor, and everyone has a right to say so. I like to think I am one of the most level headed posters on here but here I am ranting and raving about two very poor performances in the space of a few days.

This does not mean however that I am going to cancel my season ticket or demand Marcelo's head on a plate. There is a difference.
HerbertJ

Post by HerbertJ »

Yes, its been poor, no denying.

But theres a difference between "its poor", and "its poor, but this is where we could go from here/ these were the positives"

One would think one of those approaches is slightly more pleasent
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

BenWL wrote:
Nik wrote:I've never been a doom and gloom merchant more like a straight talker...
Until now.

A bit like the defence "I'm not racist but..."

Nik, calm down................ :smt009
I have to say I'm extremely calm thanks me duck, just stating how it is.

Of course it's someone's livelihood but he gets paid very well for producing results... an empty changing room is a result I suppose!!

Things ain't right.....
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

Why do people whine on about not renewing their season tickets? If you don't like it, don't renew, but don't come on here and moan on about it. It's like saying you hate a program on TV and not turning it off, JUST GET ON WITH IT.

And yes constructive criticism is always better than saying 'We're just CR*P', I agree :smt001
cooke-1
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cooke-1 »

Come on boys how can any of you really talk about not renewing your season tickets.
For all the joy and excitement the club has given you, especially last year, it is now our time to support it.
At the moment it sounds like we are turning into a load of nasty little Wasp fans!!!
Having said that it would be nice if the management told us how they are going to deal with the problems.

How is Hernadez going to react if we don't make Heinekan cup?!!!!!!!!!
carl100

Re: Constructive critiscism

Post by carl100 »

[I have never been so disgusted with our standard of play as of the last two games!!!.What the hell is going on down at welford road?.They are totally clueless in all aspects of play.no idea,no flair,no magic,no passion.I have been a fan since the chalkey white era and he must be turning in his grave god rest his sole.Forget the new stadium pete toms,we should share with the city as we are in the same barrow,keep playing like this and you wont get 5,000 never mind 25,000.Get rid of the coach,get rid of the defence coach,get rid of the backs coach(is there one?)and give jake white a ring,deano must be laughing!!!!!!!!!!!
tigers fan for30 years 1!!!!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

jonnyatom5: In part it's because we care about the Tigers and the game of rugby, and the decision to stop the season ticket commitment is a very difficult one.
I would imagine I, and my son, will be back to my place in the Crumbie next year, but there are doubts with the way the season has gone.
It's not quite like turning off the television in my opinion.
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

Poor old chalkie white, buried with a fish.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

I have a little concearn that we appear to be linked with a lot of Argentinian signings.

This is all well and good but we have some great players here Marcello.

I do have as much if not more faith and belief in the team than most supporters.

Everyone has a right to voice their opinions but I do feel that a lot of it is speculation rather than fact.