Varndell and Hernandez

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Varndell and Hernandez

Post by salcombe bob »

I can see Tom going and Hern not coming, both feeling that Tigers not in Europe is bad news for their game and career.

Also, where has the power of last season's Alex gone, he never gets the ball!!!!
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

AGREE

Post by smalldell »

I think TV is getting jarred off..his face said it all....

Hernandez..well few options really, but yes I see your point.

Also noticed Hipkiss looked very down at the end of the game..thought he was almost in tears...

Worrying
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

god some people talk utter :censored: on here when we've lost. Who said we're not in europe? no one.

Varndell looked :censored: off because he'd been brought on. was psyched for the game - then had to be brought off due to Hipkiss being ok. IMO he should have started but he wouldnt leave, nor too would hernandez quit because at the end of the day we're still in a euro qualifying spot.
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

In the immortal words of Private Frazer;

"We're all doomed.........."
Sean H

Post by Sean H »

You know what I hated the most about today? Half of the Tigers didn't seem bothered.

Goode and Corry and a few others walked off laughing. Please, what's so funny? You've just lost the only bit of silverware you were probably capable of getting your hands on.

Tom Varndell and Hipkiss were the only two that looked actually bothered about the loss, joined by Johne Murphy who were all clearly upset about losing, but it was really sort of, I don't know, disheartening to see the rest of the guys trying to laugh it off like nothing had happened.

This team are in tatters at the moment, they need a :censored: good sorting out if you ask me.
Just loving every minute :)
morr21
Tiger Cub

Post by morr21 »

Agree with previous comments, good to see TV and Hipkiss annoyed, its shows passion and the want and need to suceed. Playing Ollie at wing was stupid, I hope not to see this again. But before you think TV is the answer, think again. He played against wasps and never received the ball. So there has to be instructions to move the ball.

So yes play TV but make sure the backs get the ball. I think cockers mentioned in the pre-match interview this win be won by the forwards. To be honest im getting bored of Crane and other forwards bashing forward, coming into the backs to do the same, never passing the ball.

Im still confident and positive, but hope lessons are learned.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

kornboy130 wrote:god some people talk utter :censored: on here when we've lost. Who said we're not in europe? no one.

Varndell looked :censored: off because he'd been brought on. was psyched for the game - then had to be brought off due to Hipkiss being ok. IMO he should have started but he wouldnt leave, nor too would hernandez quit because at the end of the day we're still in a euro qualifying spot.
I quite agree, Kornboy.

My tigers tinted specs may have been splattered with rain and a few tears today, but they're still firmly in place!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

We're not out of Europe by any stretch of the imagination. But we do have to up our game if we want to maintain the position. Starting on Tuesday.
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

Can somebody please tell me what position we have to be in at the end of the season to qualify for next seasons HC?
adam789

Post by adam789 »

6 or above
Alwig

Post by Alwig »

I'm pretty certain its only guaranteed to be 4th and above. That changes if a team in those positions qualifies in another way such as winning the EDF energy cup or a European trophy. As the Irish and Sarries ain't gonna win the heineken we need a team to win the Challenge cup and even then 5th might be as far as it goes. I might be wrong on this but I think this was discussed on another thread. Don't count your chickens. We are far and away the least in form team (in league games) of the top 5/6 so we need a big turn around to guarantee Heineken rugby next season.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

all 4 semi finalists for the challenge cup are English - hence the extra spot.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

one or two need to look at the picture and read the Sunday Times!!
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Just done that Salcombe Bob and am convinced that we will qualify for the HC next season. Indeed I'll stick my neck out and say that I think we'll make the play-offs. Apart from the Bath game we have 3 winnable games, whilst many of the teams around us have to play one another. I fear Wasps but then they have 2 mid-week games to contend with, although with a very big and injury-free squad. Sarries have gone. I think, especially with the HC semi coming up. The Quins game could well be our decider for the play-offs, but I can't see us finishing lower than sixth and that's all that's needed for the HC.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

HERNANDEZ SIGINING

Post by smalldell »

Until it is officially announced I wont believe it. Too many have used Tigers to get better deals....