Todays commentary on EDF Semi Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Todays commentary on EDF Semi Final

Post by Darc Tiger »

Although it was focused on only about 4 players the whole match :smt012 and the general low standard in commentary, it was :censored: HILARIOUS! :smt003 Some absolute brilliant lines.

Oh i think id miss them if they were ousted. :smt005
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Mr Butler showed a lack of research, if not ignorance in persistantly referring to "John" Murphy which was slightly annoying. Has he watched no Tiger's games on Sky? Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes can at least get it right.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

All the pre-match was a focus on Wasps, if you were a neutral you would have struggled to know who they were playing!

Well done boys, great off loading and a lot of thought throughtout the game with the exception of the Varndell/Rabeni 'short' throw.
tac106

Post by tac106 »

Butler and Moore were NOT hilarious they are truly, truly awful.

Great point from hot_charlie; they kept referring to Johne Murphy as John.

They can never recognise the players on the ball.

Moore makes too many rash, and not very well thought out comments.

They are truly awful.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Yeah! And Cozza had to swallow his tongue back in the comments before the Osprey's game when asked about Johnno and Oz! He recovered well though!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

Leicester score a try:

Moore: "It's all over now"

Wasps then score a try:

Moore "Like I said, you can never count out Wasps"
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

The Commentary in the Ospreys game was much better. Nick Mullins. He also did the england v ireland game. Much better commentator in my opinion.
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Agree about the commentaey but I did like the comment - "just like Liverpool and Man. Utd. but without the diving and whingeing".
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

and BM was swearing black's white that Cornish is not a Gaelic language. prat
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

They are all heathen to me!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

I thought Goode did very well in the interview after the game when the first question was about Cipriani!

Come to think about it, I'm thinking of getting in touch with DC so he can come round to my house, drop his shorts and let the golden beams emitted melt the snow on my drive.

He may be the english games new golden boy, he may have discovered the most reliable form of contraception known to man, he may be the only player the media can see, but he was a loser yesterday.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

We also had an outbreak of footie style coverage with the camera needlessly dwelling on a close-up of Cipriani's mug, whilst across the field and out of shot, something exciting was developing.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

Its all media hype. We weill all get sick of Cipriani as every news story in the world of rugby will be focused around him now, very much as it was with Wilko. Sad but that's the way rugby is flogged in this country. I don't know many non-rugby people who can name a rugby player other than Wilko and LOL. Come to think of it I'm glad I don't know many people like that :smt001
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Totally agree with all your comments.

I thought the pitchside interviewer was atrocious. all she could talk about was Cipriani even when the other fly half, Goodey, had a much better game. Quite clearly the London based media are only interested in London based teams. Someone should point out that wasps don't play in London anymore...!

Her first four questions were all about Cipriani and that was it, she had used the sum total of her knowledge. I'm sure if she could have wedged it in she could have mentioned the only other player she knows, Wilko.

Also, I didn't realise Cozza wore such bottletop glasses, they made his eyes look like saucers...! :smt003
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
MrsSmith

Post by MrsSmith »

It annoyed me that they kept calling Cipriani 'Messiah'. He missed haf the time anyway!
And yes, the Johne Murphy thing was irritating. I shouted 'John-e' everytime he said John.