GOODEY WELL DESERVED MAN OF THE MATCH

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Next week will be a cracker, with the same mindset we'll have the same result, fans need to give plenty of noise and support to, and get behind, ALL the players, ALL the game, so if the Anti Goode crew can't say anything good(e) when it's deserved........

Say nothing at all!!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WRFC:

have just seen your last post about answering a direct question.

Fair enough, maybe you'll give him credit when you have :smt002
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

This argument about Goode v Humphries.
Humphries has moments were he is great in attack but I need to stress, they are moments. His defence is that bad we have to re shuffle our back line. That is crippling as causes confusion.
Goode has a lot better all round game to Humphries, FACT!!
I support both players when they play for Tigers but think Goode is better and won us more games than Humphries. Before, I get loads of angry replies, Humphries didn't win us the game in Munster (please stop harping on about that) the team as a whole did esp forwards.
Well done Andy today, I really hope you get a call up for England. Someone earlier said Goode can sometimes be as good as Wilkinson.........to be honest Wilkinson has been :censored: all season and never makes any line breaks and his kicking is inconsistent. Andy Goode has been leagues ahead of Wilkinson this season. I would pick Cipriani, Hodgson and Goode for the NZ tour. Wilkinsons dip in form means he's not good enough at the moment.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7300650.stm

Article there from BBC but this bit caught my eye in particular:

"Goode scored 19 points and created two of his team's four tries to put Danny Cipriani in the shade."

Maybe a BIT over the top but who cares??? :smt002
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

Cracking game from Goode. The star of the show. Almost ALL of our attacking play began with Goodey today - he's really transformed himself this year. Great awareness all the time, didn't lose his concentration at all today.
Masood

Post by Masood »

When can I get tickets for the final? :smt003
...or will they all get snapped up by the season ticket holders? :smt012
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Andy played well today and it will be interesting to see if he is consistent or inconsistent next week.

He deserved his man of the match but IMHO he is still too inconsistent for me and getting in another good 10 like Hernandez or the other bloke Nick Evans? would be no bad thing for Andy as it would keep him on his toes.

If Goode kept up the kind of play he played today then he could be a contender for England. But as he doesn't seem to be able to to play consistently from week to week then in my opinion he will remain an average club player. Not great but average to good.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Masood wrote:When can I get tickets for the final? :smt003
Ticket information will be posted on the homepage on Tuesday. If it follows the usual pattern it will be season ticket holders and members first, then any left will be on general sale. We haven't got ours yet, am hoping for reasonable seats through the Club, but Ticketmaster do still have some available.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Easty

Post by Easty »

Pogue3 - no 'angry' response here, in fact I can't find a word in your post I disagree with

g - I think the point was made prior to todays game, might have even been by Austin ~ yes AG has been inconsistant in previous seasons but not this one, yes a couple of disappointing performances but by far his most consistant.
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
karen.wykes

I agree!!

Post by karen.wykes »

I think Goodey has had a mixed season so far but today he was magnicicent! We totally owe todays win over Wasps to Andy Goode. :smt002
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I think it's a bit premature to say Goodey should go on the tour to NZ. Even though he played well today IMO there are still better 10's around. I still think Wiko will go and then you have Cipriani, Flood, Geraghty, Barkley and Hodgson all ahead of Goode.

As I have said IMO I don't think Goode is international class and I think the above will be chosen over Goode.

I do think some people are getting a bit carried away if they think Goode could end up going on tour for England over those mentioned above.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Masood wrote:When can I get tickets for the final? :smt003
Get onto Ticetmaster right away. There will be plenty of tickets still available. I already have mine!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

A cracking game by Goode and the Leicester team today against a quality Wasps outfit. A 34-24 win is pretty impressive. It is now set up nicely for the Guinness Premiership encounter against Wasps next weekend. Bring it on.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Philip J Gray
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Disappointed for Cipriani RFC ( sponsored by cipriani ). who is this A Goode fella? thought there was only one fly half in england called Cipriani? :smt119
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

...and next week my insect friends, Goodey will be cominatyalikecleopatra rat a tat tat have summa that :smt068 :smt068