GOODEY WELL DESERVED MAN OF THE MATCH

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes I know my point was you didn't reply sarcastically to her saying it was ludicrous he could win us a game.

Was it a bit to complicated for you to understand I'll try and construct it for a 10 year old next time for you.
As before hypocrisy stinks.

Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:59 pm

I was giving her a false sense of security!! :smt005
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061

sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Easy now Nik...

Goodey, as I think has been established, goes from the sublime to the ridiculous all too often, but against Wasps he was magnificent - easily our best player.

As for Ian Humphries, well the guy has pace and skill, but can't tackle for toffee. I rate Humph highly, but I think his time at Tigers is over, mainly because he hasn't had the chance to improve and establish himself.

Like one or too others I often sing Goodey's praises, but this season I have found myself starting to get frustrated at his inconsistency. Like a few other squad players I would suggest he earns a few quid in France over the next three or four years. He is never going to make a meaningful stab at holding down an England jersey, mainly because the messiah (cough, too much tabloid pap, I mean Dan Cipriani) is the nailed on choice.

So Goodey is the best we have at Tigers. But I'd wager it won't be for long.