Andy Goode to Brive ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

georgierockssocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by georgierockssocks »

But if Goodey left I wouldnt have the satisfaction of yelling "Gooooooooodeyyyy!" when the dude does good... or is that jus me?
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

Georgie - you have hit on a significant point here

If Andy does go, it cuts our armoury of "songs" by a third to "Tigers, Tigers, Tigers" and "clap - clap -clap clap clap - clap clap clap clap - Tigers"

Worrying :smt002
georgierockssocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by georgierockssocks »

Haha Yeah, I did a bit of forward thinking there! I guess when dear old Lewis comes back we have:

Moooooddddyyyyy! :smt004

But for some reason it is nowhere near as satisfying :smt022
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Another French newspaper claiming Goode is moving to Brive

http://www.lamontagne.fr/medias/unes/20 ... /brive.pdf
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

The poster (another forum) who first mentioned Goode to Brive to me, way back before Christmas, continues to say that the move is still 'on'.

Same chap also reckons we have pushed the boat out big-time with an offer for Carter. 1M euros.
That's a lot of brass (if true).
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

£¾ million???
:smt018
For how many seasons???
Sean H

Post by Sean H »

I'd be over the moon if we got Carter
Just loving every minute :)
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Well, a great deal of caution is required. I certainly can't confirm that any such offer has been made, and in any event Toulon are considered favourites to land Carter. Subject to their promotion to the first tier of French rugby.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Sean H, wrote: I'd be over the moon if we got Carter

I'll be over the moon if Brive sign Goode!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

From the Birmingham Post .....

Worcester have missed out on another fly half target following Leicester's refusal to release Andy Goode from his contract at Welford Road.

Goode, who has one year left on his deal with the Tigers, may have been surplus to requirements with the Premiership powerhouse had they been able to land either of the two international-class No 10s they were courting.

But confirmation earlier this week that Nick Evans has agreed a move to Harlequins and the failure to land Juan Martin Hernandez means Leicester have told Goode they need him for at least another season before allowing him to move.

The Post understands Goode (below) had been keen on the idea of a move to Sixways and had even looked around the club with a view to a summer transfer but now director of rugby Mike Ruddock must turn to other options for the man to replace Shane Drahm whose Warriors career has just two games to run.

As things stand Worcester will start next season [2014] one in which they could face their first ever Heineken Cup campaign [2014] with the unreliable Loki Crichton and the inexperienced Joey Carlisle as their only recognised fly halves.

They have already been turned down by Eoghan Hickey, who opted to remain at London Irish, and were hoping that Goode, who has won nine England caps and established a reputation as a peerless goal kicker, would be the ideal man to step in Drahm's boots.

Although they may be able to return to Goode in 12 months, for the time being Ruddock must look elsewhere. With Jason Strange and Gloucester's Willie Walker possible recruits.

http://tinyurl.com/47ae5x
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Blimey...didn't expect that to be honest. I'd have thought we'd try to keep Goodey at least as back up to whoever we were looking at getting.
Blimey...
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

but if you were first pick for the no 10 would you really want to become second fiddle to a newcomer?
I know i wouldnt
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

If this is true it would not be a surprise if Goode appeared to be less than 100% motivated.
nenes
Tiger Cub

Post by nenes »

According to president Patrick Sebastien (interviewed today in L'Equipe), Andy Goode has signed for Brive.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/breves2008/ ... e_Dev.html
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

The abbreviated article on the website is translated as follows:-

Not really renowned to have his language in his pocket, Patrick Sébastien does not chew its words in a published interview Wednesday in THE Equipe. The president of Brive, returned there is less than two years in Corrèze, worries for the close future of his club, not very far zone of relegation, but also for the future of the rugby, that it says not more to recognize, notably because of the supporters that it sees in the stadiums.

"If one descends, this is that I will not have been competent as president, attacks entry Patrick Sébastien (Photo THE Equipe). One lives a :censored: season... I will hold the bar more a long time possible, but if one descends, I will not hang on me. If there is failure, I will assume it personally." The president is clear: in case of descent, it will leave. Affirmation that it shades nevertheless in interview end: "Even in case of descent, if Mr. of Richebourg (the club owner) wonders me to remain, I will do it."

If it is not very clear on his future, Sébastien it east more on the reasons of the delicate season of the CABB, 11st the classification with seven points in advance on Dax, first relégable: "At first of this season, we were not ready. While beginning recruiting end of April, at the beginning of May, it was too late; I knew it. This year, one did it earlier. If one oneself except, I am sure that the next season will be completely different with the players that already engaged itself at our place: Mela, Henn, Idieder, Popham, Goode, Peak. ..”

But if the television man is tired, this is also and especially because of the evolution of the rugby: "I am collapsed by what I see in the stadiums. One has more and more supporters that resemble those of the PSG. There, I see hate, even with some directs. Maybe that I am not done for this rugby. Ten years ago, that was not so violent, mean... [..] I believe that one undergoes a perverse effect of the World Cup, that attracted in our stadiums of the different supporters. I have ét shocked. They fill the cash registers but I say attention. It is necessary that the Federation and the League react."

Rediscover the entirety of the interview of Patrick Sébastien in THE Equipe on Wednesday May 14.

It clearly says players that have already engaged (joined?) include Goode????