Who are we missing most?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

scrum1/2
Top Cat
Top Cat

Who are we missing most?

Post by scrum1/2 »

Having read a number of the posts about Saturdays (and previous games) I was wondering who we thought we were missing most at the moment? Obvioulsy if I'd asked this over a week ago everyone would probably have said Harry, but he and Alex are back now - so who do we think?

Just my starter - I think we are missing Marco Wentzel - he was responsible for line out calls and added some much needed height to the lineouts - something we have been missing over the last few weeks. He could be considered by some as not one of our key players - but I think he's been missed.

Of all the guys that are out right now - who do you think we miss most?
Tammy Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Tammy Tiger »

This is a bit of a no brainer, it has got to be Mr. Messiah JMH.
I am on the Terrace - What's
Happening
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Always difficult to pick out the most critical absentee, but you could certainly make a case for any of:
an openside, or
Wentzel, or
Mauger.

Hopefully two of these will be 'fixed' soon.

Before his injury, Wentzel was making a pretty decent case for player of the season.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

after Saturday I would say Wentzel and Mauger. They would give more possession and attacking and whilst attacking, the defence is not so important! :smt023
Oadbywonder

Post by Oadbywonder »

Its as plain as the nose on your face PAT HOWARD
MR.Loffreda played in all competions 13 won 7 lost 6
and what does that win you NOWT
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

I think we are missing Lewis Moody & Ben Kay the most.

Moody for his out and out dynamism and competetiveness at the breakdown and in the tackle.

Kay, for his lineout work, and his immense tackle count and work in the tight.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

Consistency and Belief along with Vision and Determination
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

I would still say the big one is Harry Ellis as he needs time to get back into it (20mins and the 60mins back arnt really back to being harry)

Also we are really unlucky with the INJ front as Dan Hipkiss is still getting back to what his does best.

So overall i dont feel we are missing to many of the players just the ones we can pick from do have the odd knock or have not long been back.

Also i may have that little niggle at the back of my mind about the gaffer but be fair he has not done very well but Pat Howard didnt get off to the best start. He has moved home and country and in to the best league in the world so he and the player,club and fan will need to "get the feel of him" and he has the same task.
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

Shane Jennings a big miss but mr Herring doesn't seem a bad lad and plays just on the edge of the law like all good opensides.Darryl Gibson, we're missing defensive leadership and a man for the hard yards in heavy traffic.With the disruption of the six nations,a new coach and injuries we can't complain too loudly! It aint over till the fat lady sings!!! :smt059
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Smurf.
Last seasons Danny Hipkiss.
Mauger.
Fully fit Ellis.
Castro.
Wentzal.
Kay.
Croft.
Moody.

Thats who we need.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Oadbywonder wrote:Its as plain as the nose on your face PAT HOWARD
MR.Loffreda played in all competions 13 won 7 lost 6
and what does that win you NOWT

And what did Pat Howard win us in his first season in charge? - and with much less interuptions than Marcelo had to deal with.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Castro - for the intimidation of the opposition scrummage and the dynamic yerdage as a ball carrier

Wentzel - for Good quality gauanteed lineout and mobility in the loose

Moody - for recycling and restarts and sheer lunacy

Mauger - for control of the backline and for opening defences with clever lines and passing.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

No Kornboy, Coach Loffreda has had a full 13 games now to prove himself. He hasn't done so and must be replaced. The season only has a couple of months left and we haven't even won a final yet.

Not good enough! We need to learn the lessons from football and sack the management the very second something goes wrong. No time to bed down, no time to craft the team in their own graven image, one loss, one sacking!

A quality centre partnership is what we are missing. And a bit more experience in the pack.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

We're missing the flank combination of Shane Jennings and Lewis Moody, and a solid inside centre. Mauger should fill the 12 void, but he hasn't quite managed it yet. Ben Herrings shows promise, but as a 'foreigner', won't always be available to play when fit.
It's only cheating if you get caught.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Oh my dear Westy, Rome was not built a one day, fair weather supporters comes to mind, give the man a chance and get behind your team, Q - Bill W. :smt009
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.