Cipriani booted out of the England squad for Saturday's game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Capricorn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Capricorn »

Well, after the debacle of yesterday,I should imagine that the whole team was drowning its sorrows. Cipriani, meanwhile, must have been laughing up his sleeve, and glad about his exclusion.
Time for a wholesale re-think, and review of coaches.
Too many favourites playing for too long without justification on performance, and form. Strangely,for all his criticism, Balshaw was one of the few backs who showed any speed or class.Otherwise the whole performance could have been bettered by a team off the local reccy.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

Bill W wrote:Shaun Edwards (and Ian McGeechan) have leapt to Cipriani's defence. And in doing so Mr. Edwards has, IMHO, illuminated why he in no way could be, and should be considered in the future, for a role in coaching England Elite players. He may be a brilliant coach, but he does not understand the ethos of Rugby Union and his wish to have both a club and country role does his players a disservice.
disagree with you bill on this one.
Shaun Edwards should have been offered a role with England. For starters he is a great coach and has proved that, but for me what he would do with the team is inject something that has been lacking in the England camp for some time.........PASSION.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

pogue3 wrote:
disagree with you bill on this one.
Shaun Edwards should have been offered a role with England. For starters he is a great coach and has proved that, but for me what he would do with the team is inject something that has been lacking in the England camp for some time.........PASSION.
Shaun was not offered a role with the ELite squad because of his insistance that he kept his position as Wasps. He knew that that would preclude him being offered such a position.

I have no (great) problem with Rob Andrew (when at Newcastle) attacking A. Robinson over Tait, of of Ian McGeechan now being critical of Bashton over Cipriani. Edwards IMHO sould have stayed silent.

Does John Wells give press conferences about the Welsh/French/Scottish/Irish team selections? I think not.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007