Cipriani booted out of the England squad for Saturday's game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Just me that agrees with Ashton then? A rule is a rule, a curfew is a curfew. Let it go with a rap on the knuckles and rules aren't respected. The guy's a professional rugby player, so he needs to act professionally.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no more pleased that Balshaw is playing than the next bloke, but at least Ashton has shown he DOES have a backbone after all.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Iain

I am with you! I would have imposed the 100 press ups with a 50kg backpack under a freezing cold hosepipe first. Then dropped him!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
rosbif

Post by rosbif »

Cipriani is an absolute prat!!!
Brian Ashton is absolutely correct in his stance.
Professional rugby players do not 'deliver tickets to their mates' after midnight in a wine-bar two days before their first international start or even before their fiftieth.
Critics of Ashton would absolutely crucify him if he treated the young prat leniently for him then to have a 'mare' against Scotland.
Some have said 'Keep it quiet, just have a word'.
When it's already in the media it's too late.
Cipriani is lucky- if the England coach was someone a bit more volatile he may be out due to injury!!!
I hope he learns from this because we don't want a role model in rugby like Gazza.
Living in France BUT English forever.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

rosbif wrote:Some have said 'Keep it quiet, just have a word'.
When it's already in the media it's too late.
Cipriani is lucky- if the England coach was someone a bit more volatile he may be out due to injury!!!
When England had a Captain he would have been "injured in training"!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

I have every faith in Balshaw doing the job.... :smt005

What the *!"#*!^ hell do I know anyway.

Smacks of a set up to me.... BAshton wanting Balshie in from the start...conveniently he has got his way.
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

More like Wasps wanting him to play for them!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Big Tigger

Post by Big Tigger »

Do we actually know that there was a curfew to break? far as i've heard it was a night they were allwed home as the training is done?
if there was then yeah it's stupid if not what exactly has he done? I know i'd find sleeping pretty hard if i was in his position.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:Same thing happened in the Welsh camp by all accounts earlier in the 6N, Popham and someone else who I can't remember were told that they weren't going to be starting the match. This was also told to Henson at the start of the season, to knuckle under and be professional or get dropped
The irony was that under the old Wales regime you used to get dropped if you didn't go out on the lash.
rosbif

Post by rosbif »

It is said that there was a 'midnight' curfew. The papparazi snapped him at 12.15am. Have you ever tried to board an aircraft 15 mins after its departure time?
Unless he lives next door to the club he was long overdue.I just hope he learns.
Living in France BUT English forever.
Big Tigger

Post by Big Tigger »

Rosbif what said there was a curfew? The Sun? I haven't seen the curfew and just watching the rugby club and none of them seem to know either.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Big Tigger wrote:Rosbif what said there was a curfew? The Sun? I haven't seen the curfew and just watching the rugby club and none of them seem to know either.
Yes, the Sun.
Big Tigger

Post by Big Tigger »

In which case there most certainly must have been a curfew....
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Big Tigger wrote:In which case there most certainly must have been a curfew....
Are you doubting the mighty Sun?
Big Tigger

Post by Big Tigger »

No of course not, i wouldn't dare question gospel.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Congratulations Mr Ashton.