Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

seaweed wrote: Not even very funny. .
I'd go with that!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

I love these ads, I have to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msCECAv9SQM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck31YzGJNzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ8yYGccVag

The Scotland one is the best, but the England and Ireland ones are good too. They're entertaining and original, more than can be said for most of the BBC's ads.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Nope the BOD one didn't make me laugh or giggle in any way at all, then again I have an odd sense of humour anyway :smt017
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

They did not amuse me either. Pretty poor taste I thought! Hey ho! I am old!!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Old but wise eh? hey we're all gettin' old!

I'm waiting for the wise part to kick in for me though :smt026

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Patience kidda - it will!!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Adamspoon »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:Sorry but I think that ad is great - the whole S4C campaign for the 6 Nations has been first class this year, especially compared the BBC Wales campaign.

Did no one see BoD in the world cup? The Welsh calling him a 'spent force' in an ad is fairly tame to what the irish were calling him. If we wanted to be low, we'd have mentioned RoG & his alleged problems but S4C could have got sued over that.

It has to be said that the English have never quite got the ads that the welsh broadcasters have run for rugby games. They tend to be tounge in cheek affairs, which possibly appeal more to the welsh sense of humour than the english. At least the welsh broadcasters promote the games which is more than BBC in England do.
Thank you, makes more sense now. Not especially funny but i don't see that they're offensive in any way. One question though, why doesn't the tanoy announcer have a Welsh accent?
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Poor taste !! Look at what your guys done to one of our little Leeks !!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pGgthHYLadE
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

not a fan of this ad but its just harmless fun. as for the welsh they have the timeless ability to laugh at themselves and see the funny side of life. humour is a strange thing if it is honest and not meant to deliberately hurt and offend then humour gets away with anything.

take chris rock he takes on everything but he mocks everyone and everything including himself with total truth but also with an intelligence that means he never deliberately hurts people

for something to be funny it has to be true and decent. to laugh at the sick or mock disabled man isnt funny some people think it is. But to laugh at one's own shortcomings or ridiculous situations and bizarre charceters and characteristics is a great welsh pastime, whether it be dai bola, or dai the bread of jonny the baker everyone has an identity, everyone says hello in the street and everyone has self deprecating humour. thats why wales is know for being 1 of the friendliest places on earth
H E RICHARDS
Adamspoon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Adamspoon »

burly bill mclaren wrote:
take chris rock he takes on everything but he mocks everyone and everything including himself with total truth but also with an intelligence that means he never deliberately hurts people
:smt107 I never know Chis Rock was Welsh!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

"thats why wales is know for being 1 of the friendliest places on earth"

...................unless of course you are English!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

The Welsh do have a sense of humour!

One of them married me!

Anyone seen Taff Wars on U Tube! SAUSAGES!
Last edited by Big Dai on Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

I saw a video on the old 'tube recently of an Irish band, a band I just wanted to check out. One of the comments left was:

"These are Irish yeah? they're potatoe eating morans those guys"

I have to admit I nearly fell of the chair laughing!.

I don't get easily offended - unless it's directly and personally aimed at me, then that's a total different kettle of fish :smt074

Yeah the Welsh have a good sense of humour, so do the Scottish, the Irish, the English (the ones I know anyway) the New Zealander's have a strange but dry and funny sense of humour, I like it - you either get it or you don't. The French can be quite sharp, in fact they can be so sharp they'd cut themselves!

Speaking of Welsh folk, man the population of Wales must be in Dublin right now! :smt003 the noise the noise!!!! Great.

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And the Aussies?

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

mightymouse wrote:"thats why wales is know for being 1 of the friendliest places on earth"

...................unless of course you are English!

The Welsh don't hate the English that much do they?
:smt017