Tigers v Saracens and England v Ireland

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

can i point out that living 2 hours away is a major problem.

U need to arrive early or you don't find anywhere to park close to the ground!!

Me and my dad leave at 10am anyway, and still have a job to find somewhere to park, without a massive walk.

Me and my dad are not retired, my dad is sparks and im a paper-boy, so thats at least 3 people who benifit from the normal kick-off time :smt023
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

I have a slightly different problem with all this.

I will be at the Millenium to watch Wales France at 5.00. Any one know if there is likely to be any bars in Cardiff showing the Tigers !!!
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

So the conclusion we have reached then is that it is okay to make people choose between the two because at least three fans have got to travel two hours to get to the game and it might affect their ability to have lunch when they want or park where they want?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Or another way of looking at it, is that maybe it doesn't inflame everyone to the extent that it does you and a few others, Iain.

Yes, before anyone says it, I live pretty near. However, to get the place I like, I have to be there before the gates open. So I'll record the game and watch it at home afterwards.

I'm having to record this Saturday's too as I'm away for the day.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

I feel sure this would have been said many times and my apologies for that.

Why not bring the kick off forward and then encourage fans to remain behind to watch the game in the bars. Great atmosphere, good day out with a live game and then cheer on your country and revenue for the club.

Would have though everyone benefits.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

seaweed wrote:I have a slightly different problem with all this.

I will be at the Millenium to watch Wales France at 5.00. Any one know if there is likely to be any bars in Cardiff showing the Tigers !!!
As the Tigers game isn't on Sky I severely doubt it. You will however find plenty of pubs showing the England-Ireland game
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Spanker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Spanker »

Why have the games on the same day? Absolutely ludicrous, especially for a sport like rugby that is very much 'top down' ie country first for most people. ( That comment was not meant to inflame anybody I just think that for Joe Average, which clearly posters on this forum are not, England comes first). Keep England games seperate then everybody gets to watch their country and their club, should they wish to do so.

Also I know this is an old debate but why should ticket holders not be able to watch club sides filled with international 'stars'. Certainly a better 'product' as the marketing men would say.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I assure you that those arguing against me on here are a vocal minority. It just makes no sense to play club games at the same time as an international. The people who lose out are genuine rugby fans.
Spanker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Spanker »

Without meaning to sound like s stuffy politician at PMQ's. Here Here!

Move over Francis Baron - here comes Iain.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

No one's pointed out that this Saturdays game with Worcester clashes with the Calcutta Cup match.

I know its an away game so we've not got any contol over the kick-off time but its the same principal.

Kick off was originally scheduled to start after the international games so I wonder what made Worcester change their mind?
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

[quote="Caerlyr Osprey)

As the Tigers game isn't on Sky I severely doubt it. You will however find plenty of pubs showing the England-Ireland game[/quote]

I have experienced this many times. I have found cheering Oz Healey is not a great idea wearing a Welsh shirt during an England France game being screened. Romm goes strangely dark and quiet. Will not be repeating this at any time in the near future.

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Iain wrote:I assure you that those arguing against me on here are a vocal minority. It just makes no sense to play club games at the same time as an international. The people who lose out are genuine rugby fans.
Ian, with the greatest respect, TTRITH and I each expressed our personal views once and once only.

I would be at Tigers whatever time it kicked off on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday. As I said I am not fussed. 1500 hrs on a Saturday has certain logistical advantages for me personally but I am not fussed!

Because I am not numbered amongst those who "lose out" why does this prevent me from being a genuine rugby fan?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Iain, I can assure you that i am a genuine rugby fan. I can see the disadvantages of the kick off being at this time, but has anyone else thought that perhaps the players have other commitments at later times, or perhaps not want to play 'early' at 1pm or 'late' at 5pm. I cannot be certain as i do not know any of the players personally, but i am preety sure that they would like to spend time with their familys in the morning, as well as in the evening; therefore making a 3pm kick off ideal. IMHO i feel that the players should have more say about when the games are played, then the fans who just simply find it unable to fit into their schedual.
As Bill says though, any time, any weather, i'll be there to see the Tigers shine :smt023
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Now there's a novel thought!

let the players choose!!!

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007