Living Dead

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Lea wrote:Sammy are you proud of your actions?

The stewards are there to do a job not to be intimidated by idiots like you.

I am going to have to get my drum into the A&L stand...I may have to stand at the side though
Is it me or do you just pop up every now and then, roundly abuse a host of people, then leave for a few months? The post was tongue in cheek, I'm sure someone of your subtle intellect could spot that. Time to head back underground mate, if I've stopped biting then the "joke" is getting old.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

evening Sammy.

Nope I am always round and about the forum, site and a few other boards as well.

I am actually self employed and work really hard and its not that often that I see a topic that I want to make comment on or have time to post on a topic. In those rare moments I like to make myself heard.

Your post regarding the steward I thought wa sin particularly poor taste. If you found my response offensive then how do you feel that he felt after your reposte?

If you take any offence by my actions tough.
Jerry Hat-trick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Jerry Hat-trick »

Gentlemen, please.

:smt018
Sean H

Post by Sean H »

westwinds31 wrote:Crumbie Seats Block K is the place to be....I think I'm right in saying that we pretty much orchestrate all the chanting and noise at Welford Road ! We're very vocal, there are approximately 200 qualified referees in my vicinity (including myself and westwinds junior) and we are always right !

Take yesterday, as has been said, very quiet for the first 15 minutes, our Block initiated a Tigers chant which then woke the A&L stand up, who in turn woke the Next stand up !!

We also get cakes, hip flasks and jelly babies handed around....very sociable !!
Sounds top class good chap! :smt023

I must agree, whenever I've been in the terrace, most of the chants either start there or from around where you sit.

Keep up the good work Crumbie crew! Hehe! :smt023
Last edited by Sean H on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just loving every minute :)
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

I've only sat at WR a few times, but it must be awful to be stuck with a seat for a whole season. Fancy suffering at the end of a row and always getting disturbed by others coming and going during the match, or leaving the game early. Or you have someone in front or behind you who annoys you every week with their behaviour, be it shouting out, or jumping up and down, or sitting glumly silent, or tutting at any show of passion.

On the terrace, the wonderful terrace, supporters can wander around and share the banter with different people every game; and if someone annoys us, we can move away. There's never a problem with the leg room. We even have Heineken delivered to us (pity there's no Guinness, but you can't have everything) so that we don't have to miss a moment of the match by going to a bar to get something to soothe our throats after screaming at the players / ref / touch-judges / opposition. And being so close to the pitch, it's much easier for us to pass on our coaching points to the individual players, and to the officials too. All the noise that we make reaches the players; we aren't cheering to impress other parts of the crowd.
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

I normally sit in the cheap seats in the Next Stand and am able to cheer and shout without being taken behind the stand and shot with a stun gun.
However, I sat in the A&L stand on Saturday with a friend who has seats there. Atmosphere was subzero until Tigers scored and I promptly jumped up in excitement, forgot there wasn't the usual solid wooden bench behind me, just those flimsy pop-up plakky seats and nearly fell on my ass trying to get myself sat down again!

Serves me right for having the temerity to stand during the match I suppose. Will have to nail my derriere down if I ever sit there again along with a bucket if I get called short.

On a more serious note,I don't usually hear the tannoy in the Next Stand because of the rubbish PA system but on Saturday the WR announcer should be shot for being so patronising with his constant "sssuuussshhhiinnggg" at the crowd to keep quiet when the opposition is kicking. I've been at WR long enough to realise that we are pretty good at keeping quiet( if you discount the corporate prawn sarnies in the boxes) so imagine my anger at this imbecile who keeps trying to justify his job by policing us. The WR crowd are excellent at doing that themselves, thank you very much. He'll be telling us when to cough and fart next........... and I will NOT stand up and wave at half time for that ridiculous Guinness promotion tripe either..........
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Well said!

And exactly how much is "A year's supply of Guinness"?

It wouldn't last ME a year, I would think.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

This stereo-typical view of me and my fellow A&L dwellers is wholly inaccurate.

The tartan rug over the legs was banned long ago for being far too racey and likely to cause excitement. A quiet biege blanket is de rigeur these days.

Also, you are most unlikely to get a flask in either. No drinks containing caffeine or other stimulants are permitted in case they cause unseemly disquiet.

As for "Prawn Sandwiches", the notion is as daft as it is unhealthy. Sandwiches brought into the A&L are made of fish paste or egg. This helps maintain the pervading smell.

People who spread these ridiculous rumours are the same type that would like the game to "go professional" or form some sort of ghastly football league.

Let's get back to reality can we? Is it Mosely next week?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Who won? Tigers or Leeds
I've just woken up!
Tom Tom.
Next Stand, block F.
:smt015
May you be in heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead!
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

[quote="The Countess of Welford"

On a more serious note,I don't usually hear the tannoy in the Next Stand because of the rubbish PA system but on Saturday the WR announcer should be shot for being so patronising with his constant "sssuuussshhhiinnggg" at the crowd to keep quiet when the opposition is kicking. I've been at WR long enough to realise that we are pretty good at keeping quiet[/quote]

Spot on. The fans that do it are equally as annoying.
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.