We need a few better players - forget the new stadium !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

well said Iain :smt023
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Saw Brian Campsall at the game and he commented on how good Crane and Herring were.

There is some quality coming through, jusdt atking time to gel together. Once the Six Nations are complete, there will be no disruptions.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Lea wrote:2) Also the poster who started the topic should just have a little look at the squad we put out...all the Tigers starting15 today would walk into any Premiership squad.
But would any of them walk in to Tigers first 15?

Of the 15 players who capitulated against Sale, I would say that Crane, Corry, Herring, Goode and one of Hipkiss or Mauger would be in my form Tigers 15, and to be quite honest Goodey is in there because there is no-one else.

Moreno is a long way past it, both Deacons do very little, Frankie is better than Laussaucq, but that isn't saying much and Ollie needs to go to France.

Like Will Greenwood did, Ollie needs a move. One nice run aside, he looked uninterested, and his kick at the end was the very epitomy of a player playing without a clue.

Like in previous seasons, our strength in depth will be key. Sadly we don't seem to have that quality in our reserves any more. After beating Glos away we have lurched into two appalling performances. We are far too inconsistent at the moment to win anything this year.
TigerScrums
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Staffordshire - Or more favourably half way up the Crumbie Terrace behind the Tigers bench!!

Post by TigerScrums »

Inconsistant and lacking in invention - yes
Apalling - no

We are still at the top end of the table with the bottom two teams to play in the next few weeks.

This was always going to be an awkward season - a new coach finding his feet with new players.

Never being able to put out a consistant team with internationals and injuries to contend with.

Keep the faith and show some support, two losses do not mean the end.

Yes we need better performances from individuals and the team; knocking them down all the time won't help
Come on Tigers!!!
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

TigerScrums wrote:Inconsistent and lacking in invention - yes
Appalling - no

We are still at the top end of the table with the bottom two teams to play in the next few weeks.

This was always going to be an awkward season - a new coach finding his feet who missed the first 3 months due to being at the RWC with new players.

Never being able to put out a consistent team with internationals and injuries to contend with. Not to mention bans to form players!
Keep the faith and show some support, two losses do not mean the end.

Yes we need better performances from individuals and the team; knocking them down all the time won't help

A lot of people seem to forget just how many 'senior' players are missing at the moment. We were stuffed up front (just how many of our first pick pack were available for selection yesterday). Playing rugby at this level is hard enough, never mind trying to do it without the ball! I can't remember the last time we were so comprehensively beaten in the tight five.

The return of fit and on form players will (should) make a huge difference.

Julian White, Castro, Marco Wentzle, Ben Kay, in the tight five. Not to mention Lewis Moody, Tom Croft and Luke Abraham in the back row! I've probably missed someone too!!

I won't even get around to the backs, cos I'd be here all day!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: We need a few better players - forget the new stadium !

Post by kornboy130 »

mike wrote: getting rid of probably half the 1st team squad .There have been too many performances like this and it is about time that Loffreda or Peter Tom gets a grip .
quite frankly, you need your head checked - on an international weekend, with injuries which forced 4 centres to play in our backline,a dn you're calling for half the first team squad to be shifted? you must be having a laugh - if we were to sing in 20 players to replace 20 players - then Peter Tom and Simon Cohen need to get a grip - we have a brilliant squad when the business end comes around with no international matches and i wouldnt swap it for any other club squad - a few changes here and there..maybe, but not a half of the squad shift around.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Lea, westwinds31 comes from a house that we used to live in when we lived in Kent. The house was called "Westwinds" and the number was "31". It's a username that I can remember and a bit more interesting than "Russ01", Russell being my real name.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

We need a few better players - forget about the new stadium

Post by mike »

Delighted to have woken up the Titanic brigade ! Honestly , if you really believe that all of the team that played on saturday would stroll into any Premiership squad then you are in Dreamland .We had 5 Internationals in our Pack + Crane and Herring (who were the best of the bunch)and we were absolutely stuffed by the Sale pack.Our backs from 9 to 15 were completely anonymous and it surely is evident to all but the most blinkered that they are just not good enough . Most of that team might get into the Leeds and Worcester Squads , but not all of them , and only a very few of them would get into the Wasps and Gloucester Squads . Too many overated players with an underperforming Coach Staff, their weaknesses and egos pampered by an uncritical Board - it isn't looking good . We may beat Leeds next weekend , but losses to Wasps (twice) and Sarries will mean the end for quite a few hopes and Careers !
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Remind me where are we in the table?

Oh yes that's right, second.

So there are 10 (english) sides who wish they had what we have!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: We need a few better players - forget about the new stad

Post by kornboy130 »

mike wrote: Delighted to have woken up the Titanic brigade ! Honestly , if you really believe that all of the team that played on saturday would stroll into any Premiership squad then you are in Dreamland .
It would appear that you think that everyone else is in dreamland apart from yourself - you're the one who's so blinkered with negativity after 2 bad performances (thats what they were) during an international periods with key players away and/or injured that those players are suddenly terrible - you dont have a clue. If you had one, i believe you would find it very difficult to say that your team had never had a run of bad form or a few off days - if you can argue this then you should be coaching a national side to teach us all the magic of what gives you the right above all to tell professional sportsmen that they are not good enough at their job. These reasons mixed with Sean Davey are a pretty mighty counter-arguement you're against here.
We had 5 Internationals in our Pack + Crane and Herring (who were the best of the bunch)and we were absolutely stuffed by the Sale pack.
Missing potential "starting" pack members: White, Castro, Wentzel, Kay, Croft, Moody - if you dont think they would have made some if not all the difference then you are sadly fanning your own ego a bit too much.
Our backs from 9 to 15 were completely anonymous and it surely is evident to all but the most blinkered that they are just not good enough.
i dont take issue with the idea that they WERE not good enough yesterday, but if our entire back division when so severely affected by call ups and injuries - along witht he fact players like Varndell and Johne have played a ridiculous ammount on consecutive games that they are forced to play 4 centres in the back line is going to lead to a lack of imagination.
Most of that team might get into the Leeds and Worcester Squads , but not all of them , and only a very few of them would get into the Wasps and Gloucester Squads
So please, do tell us why when players announce they are leaving tigers there is such a mad-dash to get them.
Too many overated players with an underperforming Coach Staff, their weaknesses and egos pampered by an uncritical Board - it isn't looking good.
As Bill says - 2nd in the league, 10 teams wish they had what we have, and to be honest i doubt Gloucester would want to be without it aswell.

You have such little clue its beyond me why you spout this stuff.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Didn't we have all our internationals back last weekend when it was a non 6 nations weekend? and guess
what happened we lost to an average London Irish side.

We really need 10 points from the Leeds and Wuss game to give us some hope but if Tigers look behind them guess who's creeping up on the outside? Yes our Waspy friends. Tigers always seem to go through a losing spell just as it is getting close to playing Wasps. And I wouldn't bet against the Waspies slaughtering us as they are peaking at the right time and we are troughing again at the wrong time.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

.... and if we build the new stadium it will likely catch fire!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Lea wrote:lol excellent... I didnt get any probly because our kornboy dont like me much.

I think we locked horns once...lol
we probably did - its no big deal, when they were run it was by PM vote - i didnt just administer the awards by myself.. thats a bit autonomous for me :smt003

I do believe you had a few votes for the wonder-woman award though.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

hm... mike, i do believe you have been smoking something, and i do not want any of it...

how can you call urself a fan...

lets look at our strongest line up and where they were (IMHO)

15. Georden Murphy-International Duty
14. Tom Varndell-Not Selected
13. Danny Hipkiss
12. Aaron Mauger
11. Alex Tuilagi-Injured
10. Andy Goode
9. Harry Ellis-Injured
1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Ben Kayser-Bench
3. Martin Castrogiovanni-International Duty
4. Louis Deacon
5. Marco Wentzal-Injured
6. Tom Croft-International Duty
7. Lewis Moody-Injured
8. Jordan Crane

Do the math... (just incase you are actually that stupid as you make yourself out to be, 9/15 didnt start yesterday).
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

kornboy130 wrote:
I do believe you had a few votes for the wonder-woman award though.
Being a male I'm not sure whether Lea will be too pleased about this!!??