Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Starburst
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starburst »

Budster wrote:Lseaweed said
like to see you meet Joe Calzaghe

Why ???
Do you think he is a thug who fights at any opportunity.
You do the Welsh proud.
Seawood just wants you to meet Joe because he's welsh and can celebrate being no1 at what he does. In fact he's been number one for over 10 years and welsh longer than that.

Why assume he wants him to fight you? If you met Graham Norton would you assume he fancied you.
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Hell yeah he's only human, I'm a stud.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Can we please try and keep this thread on topic and discuss Shane Williams, not random anti-Welsh/anti-English tangents instead?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Boland
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Boland »

Rizzo wrote:Can we please try and keep this thread on topic and discuss Shane Williams, not random anti-Welsh/anti-English tangents instead?
Yeah nice one rizzo.No more slagging off is it ,lets try and keep if friendly .Oh and by the way can you lot soften up sarries for us Boland.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

lets get back to topic;

Iknow a guy who knows a guy who's dad is friends with the wife of a guy whos mates with Shane, and he's apparently intrested in joining us :smt023 :smt023

(btw i'm messing about :smt024 )
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

ok lets try pro english and pro welsh and pro scots and pro irish

some of the best boxers ever-
in the dragons corner
jimmy wilde
tommy farr
howard winstone
jonny owen
calzaghe

in the english corner
lennox
eubank
cooper
benn
randy turpin

scots
stracey
buchanan
watt

irish
mcguigan
collins

athletics
best jumpers lyn davies and jon edwards
world class printers like wells, christie
best hurdler in wordl at the time jackson
endless marathon legends, mcolgan, steve jones, radcliffe
paralympian legends like tanni
greatest ever rowers redgrave pinsent cracknell and co

first man to climb everest

heck even darts and snooker we brits rule the world
of 37 years of world titles only 1 non brit has won it
english won approx 13
welsh won 9
scots won 10
irish won 4

darts again totally brit dominated current world champions webster of wales and a canadian but phil taylor with 13 and bristow with 5. taylor is arguably the most successful sportsman UK has ever produced

this is just sport we could start talking about, world class architects and inventors, alexander graham bell, brunel, lord rogers, john belle

it is precisely because of the intensity and passion we see and hear on these boards as to why britain has and does continue to produce pure talent from the british furnace

:smt023
H E RICHARDS
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

absolutely nothing apart from the fact someone went off on tangent about how uk and wales dont produce anything world class. well we do loads of it, that makes us all proud :smt023
H E RICHARDS
Starburst
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starburst »

Budster wrote:Hell yeah he's only human, I'm a stud.
can't argue with that lol
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I've watched fourteen kids on a rugby pitch this afternoon try to emulate the greedy little Welsh git by running round in circles passing to no one, getting the TEAM nowhere! Why not look at Tom Shanklin? or Lee Byrne? Both of whom play for the team rather than grabbing a scoring record?Thinks.......Perhaps.....................with the current outburst of laser pens reeking havoc on sport perhaps no one will notice my little red spot on Shanes backside as he selfishly spurns yet another 3 to one overlap in favour of scoring himself? The 4ft in the air swan dive cut short by rule number .303! Another record safe!

Who shouted "Pull?"
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Starburst wrote:
Budster wrote:Lseaweed said
like to see you meet Joe Calzaghe

Why ???
Do you think he is a thug who fights at any opportunity.
You do the Welsh proud.
Seawood just wants you to meet Joe because he's welsh and can celebrate being no1 at what he does. In fact he's been number one for over 10 years and welsh longer than that.

Why assume he wants him to fight you? If you met Graham Norton would you assume he fancied you.
Thank you Starburst.

Budster just think of your post and why the response.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
cyRil
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by cyRil »

Big Dai wrote:I've watched fourteen kids on a rugby pitch this afternoon try to emulate the greedy little Welsh git by running round in circles passing to no one, getting the TEAM nowhere! Why not look at Tom Shanklin? or Lee Byrne? Both of whom play for the team rather than grabbing a scoring record?Thinks.......Perhaps.....................with the current outburst of laser pens reeking havoc on sport perhaps no one will notice my little red spot on Shanes backside as he selfishly spurns yet another 3 to one overlap in favour of scoring himself? The 4ft in the air swan dive cut short by rule number .303! Another record safe!

Who shouted "Pull?"
Unfortunately for England for many years selectors have thought exactly the same as you and have scorned flair players in favour of the forward-based dirge your national team serve up too often.
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Big Dai wrote:I've watched fourteen kids on a rugby pitch this afternoon try to emulate the greedy little Welsh git by running round in circles passing to no one, getting the TEAM nowhere! Why not look at Tom Shanklin? or Lee Byrne? Both of whom play for the team rather than grabbing a scoring record?Thinks.......Perhaps.....................with the current outburst of laser pens reeking havoc on sport perhaps no one will notice my little red spot on Shanes backside as he selfishly spurns yet another 3 to one overlap in favour of scoring himself? The 4ft in the air swan dive cut short by rule number .303! Another record safe!

Who shouted "Pull?"
Sorry but I hope some of those 14 make it to keep the entertainment as it should be.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Kids will follow what they deem to be a sucessful player. To many Shane is that player. The kids will follow the outrageous and emulate the unorthodox. If it grabs them that bit of individual glory.

An example outside Rugby would be Mr Malinga. shocking highlights, more bling in his eyebrows than I can fit on my finger and an arm as low as a Chinook rotor blade. Flair rather then talent?

They are the headline grabbers, the glory hunters. Flair players? Yes you need them but the forward dominated dirge that drove England to a world cup would at least provide the flair player with his opportunity. So called dull players have the talent to create the space and then, unselfishly allow his fancy dan colleague to finish.

Look to Martin Williams, Tom Shanklin and Lee Byrne. team players. Fourteen like them would do me!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Fourteen Martyn Wiliams'???

What a disturbing thought!!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.