Replacements:
Lee Mears (Bath),
Matt Stevens (Bath),
Ben Kay (Leicester),
Luke Narraway (Gloucester),
Richard Wigglesworth (Sale),
Danny Cipriani (Wasps),
Mathew Tait (Newcastle).
I only live there to wind up the population!
Rozza
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rozza »

When was the last time England started without a Tiger in the line-up?
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

good, we have some players back, pity more Glaws weren't involved though. :smt023
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by masopa »

My secret fears have been confirmed - Gashton just went for more of the same. Easter back as he's fit (is he 100%?), Sheri presumably injured, Noon for Trundle is a like-for-like; Volcano promoted from the bench for injured Strettle.

Those who hopelessly underperformed are still there (Gommersall, Balshaw, JW in 2nd half, Vickery) and those who didn't really do much (Regan, Shaw, Borthwick, Sackey) are hopefully on their final warning.

Not exciting, but then I don't suppose any of us were expecting a Wigglesworth, Cipriani, Geraghty, Tait halfback / midfield combo were we?

Edit: probably better spread of cover from the bench this time though; although we'd better hope nothing happens to Flood - JW has shown he can't play there and nobody else has any experience there. Presume Cips would go to 12 and have both of his first two caps out of position...
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Castro will be licking his lips at the thought of taking on Payne!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

So who will Castro get to muller?( if he plays).

Always expected Ashton to stick with his favourites and give them yet another chance to REDEEM themselves. :smt017

So much for building for the future. I hope Italy stuff em.
Easty

Post by Easty »

Masopa, how many 'final' warnings do you get in international rugby orhow long do they last, given that Balsh seems to have been on his since 2000?

And if the "didn't do much" mob are on one, what are the "hopelessly underperformed" on?

I would love to think a number of players (let alone coaches, officials et all) are on a 'real' last chance, but I just think I'd be being really naive
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

We can only hope that Italy destroy England. Maybe then.......second thoughts, probably not!
#48 FTW :)
Phil anj
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Phil anj »

How come Ashton seems it's necessary to drop Narraway when he was one of the few players that did well at the weekend! Is Simpson-Daniel still injured cos he in my opinion wud be a much better option in the outside centre channel compared to the totally unskilled supposed rugby player known as noon, who give him credit will tackle for you all day but has no handlin skills and prefers to run at ppl than space surely there must be sum1 english with betta skills!!
Tigers r the best! Forget all the rest!
Easty

Post by Easty »

Anjie, I feel you may be worrying uneccesarily, you seen to assume we'll actually manage to 'pass' the ball as far as OC, lets face it, we had the 'great' (as yet unproven) Volcano on for all of the 2nd half & with the exception of a few hospital's from his team mate at FB, how many times did we get it out there for him to show us what a 'thrilling player' and 'awesome threat' he could be.............I really must stop listening to TV pundits
To The Board ~ you have one season to prove you've got this decision right. More than you gave Marcelo
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Lets be honest, the England selection is yet again a pile of steaming &()*^ ^*^%* *(&&&*()) morons.

Balshaw, Sackey, Wilkinson, Gomersall, Borthwick, Regan, Vickery should all be warming a pub stool somewhere in England.

Instead, we will get to match them play mediocre, P*(^ poor rugby in an England shirt again.

Sorry if this offends anybody (its not intentional) but I think the England Team doctors should check Bashton for alzheimers.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

You have three players in the pack (Vickery, Regan and Easter) who can't be fit enough to play a full match at international level, which means any injuries could have a dramatic effect in the last 20 mins. Payne has never looked international standard.

In the backs we have Balshaw is second choice full-back at Glos, and Vainikolo has yet to play a dozen matches of Union. The Newcastle trio Wilko, Flood and Noon who were turned over recently at Welford road and Gommarsall who can't get a regular place in the Quins 22.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Why the problem with England's unexciting choice of players?

It's normal for Tigers to play a largely reserve team against Premiership minnows.

Why shouldn't England be allowed to do the same against 6-Nations minnows?