England Team v Italy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Barron, Thomas Randrew and Bashton must go. Replace Thomas by Peter Tom or Tom Walkinshaw. Barron by Peter Wheeler. And replace Randrew and Bashton by Deano. Simple really!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

I reacted to the team announcement the same way I did last weekends result:

1) Sat in stunned silence unable to believe the what I was seeing.

2) Swore alot.

3) Had a beer.

4) Wrote a long sweary post on here tearing Ashton, the team, and the RFU to pieces.

5) Deleted the post as I didn't fancy getting banned and having "and then **** up his***** with a golf club" doesn't look good.

6) Chilled out. With another Beer :smt003
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Cheers!! Have another beer. And many more before the revolution in 2012!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

Why on earth did Ashton pick Balshaw? Tait is clearly a better choice at fullback as we don't want Balshaw giving Italy ball that their pack will devour due to Balshaw dropping balls. :smt013
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Tait at full back? You jest!!

Lewsey, Cipriani, Vesty, my Aunt Agatha are all better than Balshaw or Tait at full back!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lewsey and Vesty aren't even in the squad though, and Cipriani is prabablt to inexperienced to start at international fullback(unless i'm not aware thatthe squad cn be changed without injuries)
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Billb »

Bill W could not agree more.

In fact my granny would be better than Tait or Balshaw, and she's been gone for nearly 30 years!!

Didn't anyone watch Tait against the Tigers?
BillB
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

<sigh> And what is the captain supposed to do in these circumstances? Injure someone in training!! Did Johnno teach them nothing!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

So my Aunt Agatha it is then!!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

btw I do not have and never have had an Aunt Agatha. But I think the point is made!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

i pressume that captain_insaino is suggesting that even Tait is better than Balshaw. Which i have to agree with, however, i wouldnt be happy with either playing in my school team at 15, let alone for england.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

A lesson for Balshaw/Tait whoever. When I was nobbut a lad (at Uni) I used to play in goal in moxed hockey. Some 25 years later I played for the staff v school hockey team (school girls only). I let it be known I had not let a goal in for 25 years. Our head was an ex county player and we (the staff) had some other talent. School mounted a superb attack - centre half was clear though with our defence nowhere - I was wearing face mask, helmet, five tracksuits, rugby boots and wicket keepers pads. I uttered a huge cry: "Mine!!!" Pretty little thing she was - she looked up and saw me advancing - and I kicked the ball to the half way line!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

great comment, clearly linked to the subject as well :smt023
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

does anybody know why ashton picked balshaw in the firstplace? i havn't seen many gloucester games so i would assume that he has played really well for them in the past. Either that or ashton is receiving large sums of money off an anomanous full back :smt009
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Bashtons theory:

They will not get the ball becaause our forwards will dominate, in the tight and in the loose;

Jonny/Gomarsall will always find touch;

Any kicks they make will be charged down by Moody;

ergo:

We need an attacking full back!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007