England Captain

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fferm buttocks

England Captain

Post by fferm buttocks »

Vicks walking off like that just when the game was getting difficult for his side ...

But then he always did that, leaving Cozza to pick up the pieces and explain at the end how it all went worng .. only appearing when it was a victory. And Robinson was always accused of making Cozza the captain over him or any one else! Still, the captain's the captain ... and they should shoulder the blame (like Cozza ALWAYS did) and I missed him being there this game, cos although many said he wasnt up to it at international level, you always felt he was in charge whatever went wrong (and I'm not sure about Vickery after today showing no leadership that I could see, and walking off at that point.

Cozza seemed to care about England and his own performance and his players and I'm not sure if its the same now. And he was always in the shadow of another Leicester great, as history will look at him.

But we should stick by Phil Vickery and respect him as the Captain and hope it was just a bad hair day for him and he will show what he is made of the next time and kick backsides ...

Who else could do it any way?
Captain Martin Corry rules ok
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Simon Shaw?
Ben Kay?
Gomershall?

there all experianced enough?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

I'd make Wilko captain.
England is his club.
fferm buttocks

Post by fferm buttocks »

Exactly, in a way no one stands out ... its a question mark over three maybe 4 (Wilkinson?) or even more.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

the one who cant play well for 80 mins anymore?
Or are u talking about another wilko?
Richard Burnett
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

In the short term Tindall - although now injured.

For the future Harry Ellis - although injured.

And maybe that says it all!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

naa... future Jordan Crane.
Actually, he can do better then Vickery did today.
Richard Burnett
fferm buttocks

Post by fferm buttocks »

No i dnt thinmk thats fair about Jonny Wilkinson, still kicking well ven if not all go over ... the drop kick today was still what we expect to see and he still can deliver. Its a shame people lose faiuth so quick and respect for still world cup heroes in my eyes, or he'd never have been picked (if he was that bad ...). It was one of the great things seeing him play. So was Wales (for me) winning !! I was mighty sad England lost (being half English) and mighty pleased Wales didn't.
fferm buttocks

Post by fferm buttocks »

Funny I didn't think about Mike Tindall, your right ... that could work. He could have the makings of a short term Captain of England if you think about it. I think people become eclipsed if their off the scene for too long, and you can forget their potential. It would be good for Her Royal Harness, too (expecting she'll marry the 'England Captain'!!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

he hasnt been able to play 80 mins for a while now. We need a decent fly-half to replace him. And a coach with the balls to sub him.
Richard Burnett
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

With five guys injured he did not have too many subs left!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

England Captain

Post by No6_Flanker »

I think that BA should appoint Haskell captain - do a will carling
Haskell is a dynamic back rower, even when the whole team was defeated he still fought on, he did give away 2 penalties but everyone does, he has a good attitude and should be in the starting XV for the 6nations.
So what does everyone think?
(by the way - first post so don't kill me :smt002 )
fferm buttocks

Post by fferm buttocks »

To be honest I dont think it is really about 'having the balls'. Its easy to say that but if you were the manager (and I'm no great fan of Ashton), you would look at the lot of them and think maybe he's going to do something (lif eis like that).

People arent necesarily finished for good if they have a bad patch and could do wonders again, or at least be very useful in getting the oints (inc toward their own huge record of achievement of virtually a Thousand Points, remember).

If I was manager (a stupid thing to say ...), I'd still have picked Wilkinson this time, and even Phil Vickery ... you can't win with just kids !!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

hmm... fair point.

But the Wilko problem has been a recurring problem, and no1 seems to have the balls to say; "right johnny, your not playing your best anymore, your coming off"
Richard Burnett
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

fferm buttocks wrote: If I was manager (a stupid thing to say ...), I'd still have picked Wilkinson this time, and even Phil Vickery ... you can't win with just kids !!
Dont get me wrong, Johnny should start, because for the first 60 mins he's in a league of his own, but he cant last 80mins at his best anymore.

i would have gone with Stevens, because he's better than Vickery IMO.
Richard Burnett