Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

a speech to thank you all

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

My speech

Sublime Tigers. Recently, Kornboy was foolish enough to launch a vote about the best posters of your great forum, and some people were cynical enough to vote for me. As every prize winner, I feel compelled to honour this award. In farmland and agriculture contests the award winner is usually a one-ton bull who feels compelled to defecate in public when the jury chairman puts the blue ribbon on his horns. But I’ll try to find some other way to express my gratitude, if only for practical reasons.

I shall do a speech on a seasonal topic. The Six Nations are back, so the topic is fairly evident: "How to hate the English best". Some of you remember that it was my first post on this forum. Alas, it was ridden with grammar errors and typos, and I never had the courage to complete it. So, again, how to hate the English best.

Some may ask WHY hate the English ? First, if you're asking, you’re not English. That’s another reason to hate the English: you can hate them to the point of piercing your own stomach to feel more bitterness, they won’t give a flyin’ fook. But, apart from their indifference to hatred, there are many more reasons to hate the English. The first one being. Er... Being. Well, there must be a first one. Let’s go to the second one, then.

You see, it’s a bit confusing. I was in this bar with a Scot, a Welshboy, and an Irishman when that Italian man asked “why do you hate the English ?”

So, we all engaged in a contest to tell who hated them the most, and I had almost won when the Italian man said : “you are not-a answering-a my-a question : why do you hate the English?”

The Irishman said that was because of the potato famine. We approved.

What is the potato famine? said the Italian man.

“Well said the Irishman with visible embarrassment, I don’t remember quite exactly but I think it’s when you had a first helping of spuds and you’re still hungry. It’s called the potato famine. You wanna blame it on the English.”

Then the Welshboy complained someone had nicked his pint, then the Scot complained his Caledonian tasted like lager, then I ordered a round and we forgot the topic, so I don’t remember exactly why I should hate the English – after all, they come very handy during world wars – but all I know is that I obey my national duty during the Six Nations Tournament season, and hate everything Englsih with a blind passion. Except Arsenal but, excuse me, that is French.

Next week : what to wear when hating the English, or are berets easy to eat after a thoroughly humiliating defeat?
:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

oh dear, looks like the french are in great form just as the 6n nations starts :smt002
"I don't recall Boondock posting inflammatory comments on here. I can see nothing wrong with him, except for him being a Saint..." westy154 18/03/08
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

on the topic of your awards Ze Stade - i sent some certificates with nells back so they might eventually reach you - though if, for whatever reason, they don't quite make it then just pm me and ill try and find them and send them to you!

as for DW - i got your pm and will email when i find them, i foolishly didnt save them in any form of order.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Oh, those certificates did reach me. Frankly, master I am not worthy ! When I saw all the signings on the enveloppe, I almost choked : Martin Johnson is GOD to me (with all respect to my denomination), one of the few Englishmen i could imagine walking on the water. And there were all the others, including mighty Benjamin "kéké" Kayser. Thanks, from th bottom of my ole heart ! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

glad you got it Ze Stade - hopefully it will be stade we are playing in our group next january so you can collect it for yourself next year! (this is, assuming of course that you win something - but i'm opent to bribery :smt003 )
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Do Moderators get certificates too? :smt002
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

On the subject of hating the English. Hating us is in a way hating yourself. Many, many moons ago a jolly old chap called William came to visit our country and he liked it some much he came to an agreement with the current king. Unfortunately for this king, it involved him having an arrow impaled in his eye. To keep jolly William and his jolly men happy, the gracious women of the land performed certain acts for them, unluckily for the women, contraception wasn't around then. Therefore, in a way, we are one and the same and I expect a soldiers got up to a bit of hanky panky while in France during the wars.
Is offended that he is a senior member.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

You won too Riz xx

ZSF you deserve the award just for this thread hahaha :smt003 :smt003 CLASSIC.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Spanker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Spanker »

Classic post Ze Stade Fan. Muchos humour. We 're loveable really, the English. We don't bleat too much when we're winning, a la Southern Hemisphere, and we don't moan too much when we're losing. Either way we'll have a drink with you. A good motto from my Uni days was:

"Win or lose we'll drink some booze...and if we draw we'll drink some more"

I think that sums it up.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

but what about hating the French? after all, we have to rescue them in every world war, their air traffic controllers screwed up my holiday in 2002 and they, particularly the farmers, go on strike so often and prevent me going on a day trip.

But then again, their food is the best in the world, their wine is delicious, the cheeses are to die for, the countryside and landscape are glorious and not covered over in concrete, their language is sexy and romantic and their lifestyle is enviable. And they had the vision to build the Millau bridge. And they put two fingers up to the european commission. Plus, on occasions, they play wonderful flowing rugby.

nope, too many reasons to like and admire them. (except on 6N match days)
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Dear frog

On behalf of myself and maybe on or two other English Speaking Peoples can I thank you for your excellent speech. You have encapsulated in few words the feeling between our two great nations, we who know we are superior and you who are ever searching for some areas of eminence.

Why you are not satisfied to dine out on your pre-eminence in the culinary arts, in viniculture and in evading EU| regulations we simply do not understand. Is not this enough?

Apparantly not. You wish to beat us at that glorious game that William Webb Ellis introduced which is totally alien to your character and nature and even nurture. Only English Colonies can truly play this game - Ireland, (rarely), Wales (sometimes), Scotland (well they try) and of course, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand (although they seek to change the rules - maybe we should send a gun boat!)

But we respect your efforts - truly we do - and indeed from time to time encourage you by losing! But we do not hate you. Respect and pity are very similar emotions.

With all regards
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I love France.

It would be much more difficult for us to drive to that glorious country of Italy if it wasn't for all those long French Autoroutes.

Well done Jean Claude et al.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!