Goodey and Seru cited!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rozza
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rozza »

Considering the game was well and truly won when Goode made the tackle makes it even more stupid.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

simon redshaw wrote:That said, its also annoying that the perpetrators in the respect of the one that attacked Whitey get away scot free and don't get any citing. :smt011 :smt011

As someone (g I think?) said earlier, the video evidence that anyone did anything to Whitey is inconclusive.

Someone on here suggested that someone in the Falcons squad may have "bagsnatched" but the video of the incident doesn't prove this & certainly doesn't identify a specific culprit.

Given that basic fact, how on earth could "the one who attacked Whitey" (as you put it) be cited when the action itself can't be proven by video, let alone the individual be proven to have committed the unconfirmed act!?!?
quincy

Post by quincy »

Goodeys tackle was not a shortarm tackle, just a tug back by the throat. If you ever wanted to see what constitutes a shortarm tackle then find some videos of Jim Chalmers in action!
As for the recipident of Goodeys tackle being dear old Johnny, then I think the citing panels decision speaks for itself. Why dont we wrap Johnny up in cotton wool in case somebody comes into contact with him. I am not knocking the man himself but the Old F.... who run things.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I hear the "hary chestnut" raising its head again.

If the citing officer cites someone then in his opinion the ref should have awarded a red card. If the disciplinary panel uphold the citing (i.e. punish the player) they confirm that the ref should have awarded a red card. Since it is relatively rare for a citing to be dismissed by the disciplinary committee it follows that the RFU are happier for particular matches not to be particularly influenced by breeches of discipline and referee incompetence but for the team in subsequent games to suffer from these.

To my mind this is "fuzzy logic"!

And encourages referees de facto to condone mindless acts of violence and confuse them with "innocent" reaction.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Anyone else notice the fairly clear trip by Goode on Flood in the build up to the Newcastle try? Highlighted on the Rugby Club tonight.

Goode's recent conduct, as well as being stupid, is pretty much indefensible. IMO.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

To be honest Goode deserves a ban for the tackle on St Jonny plus the trip and his shocker on BOD the week before. Presume Rabeni's is for the tackle on Noon in the same move that saw Goode try to remove St Jonny's head. IMHO Goode will get a ban, Rabeni should get away with it.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If Sean Davey had sent Goode off on Saturday, there would have been people on here saying that Jonny Wilkinson is being wrapped in cotton wool.

The Touch Judge recommended at least a yellow card and since the ref had not seen the whole incident decided that a yelow card would be given.

The referees have to make a decision and some are borderline, and I believe that this is one of them also. It could have been a red card.

I agree that Goode was careless in his tackle and that a disciplinary will determine if he should serve a ban for his antics.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big_Johnno
Super User
Super User

Post by Big_Johnno »

Nobody would've cared if it wasn't on england's 'heroes' wilkinson and noon.
E I
E I
E I
Oh! Up the rugby here we go!
When we win in europe, this is what we'll sing:
We are champions, We are champions Paddy Howard's King!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If it had been on any other player, the ref may have just gone for a straight red card.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Andy Goode should be given a real talking to by ML etc because he is not only potentially endangering other players he is risking our chances this season. He should IMO be given a severe fine and maybe dropped for a few games to make him see sense.

Dave, whilst I see your point about lack of conclusive evidene etc about the attacker of Julian White, I think that shows that there is a fault in the video evidence system and far too often the original perpetrators get away without any punishment. Surely a ref or someone can point out the original attacker?

I don't think what Julian did was at all right but it is not acceptable that the person who wound him up gets away without any punishment because of the inadequacies of the citing system etc.

Big Jonno, don't agree. They would have cared if the offences hadn't occurred on Wilkinson and Noon. That's missing the point. It shouldn't be happening and its risking the future performance in those few games.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Big_Johnno wrote:Nobody would've cared if it wasn't on england's 'heroes' wilkinson and noon.
I'm sorry, but that's just wrong.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

There are a number of people on unoffy convinced of that sort of scenario.

I stand by for the flak and shellfire for my post totally disagreeing with them!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Simon, the unoffy is so full of paranoia and conspiracy theories that I only post on there occasionally. But I've added my thoughts as well.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

I thought Whites ban was only 3 games not 5 weeks?

Anyway I watched the Rugby Club and saw both tackles I must admit I had not idea that Seru had done that. Whether it was an instant reation for him or not I don't know but it was shocking and i reckon he will get about 4 weeks for that. Goodey will get 2 weeks I think.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

.................What I did nothice on the rugby club was a high Leinster elbow on TV as one of Geordan's moves was highlighted later on.

It didn't "land" but there was no attempt to wrap the arms round and the point of the elbow was used. Dangerous? Certainly. Intentional? Possibly. Cited? No.

Conspiracy theories may abound but a uniform approach from citing officers would be appreciated. So to with the punishment dished out.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"