Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Goode's High tackle.

Post by Bill W »

From the BBC web site:

"It wasn't pretty," said Newcastle rugby director John Fletcher.

"I don't know the kid (Goode) personally, I don't know his character, but you have to hope that wasn't deliberate because it was a bad shot."

Oh come on now! Footage shows his hand was on Wilco's shoulder and his arm across his upper chest. Yeah - likely a penalty offence but a marginal yellow card offence. Jonny must have been taking lessons from BoD. Fletcher has clearly leaned all he knows from Randrew!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Goodey has always been a tackler of man & ball, so the odd high tackle is always going to happen.

His tackling style is what has made him able to stop backrow forwards, something that only a few other Fly Halfs are capable of.

He would probably be well advised to damper his inner fire a little in the next few weeks as the referees are going to be closely watching all his tackles now.
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Bill, you should know by now, are players are always unfairly targeted :smt003

but, in an unbiased point of view, thats two "high tackles" in two games, and both seen by the ref as yellow card offences. He does seem to be developing a pattern.

BUT, he seems to be playing A LOT better recently so keep it up Goodey :)
Last edited by TTRITH on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Goode's High tackle.

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Bill W wrote:From the BBC web site:

"It wasn't pretty," said Newcastle rugby director John Fletcher.

"I don't know the kid (Goode) personally, I don't know his character, but you have to hope that wasn't deliberate because it was a bad shot."

Oh come on now! Footage shows his hand was on Wilco's shoulder and his arm across his upper chest. Yeah - likely a penalty offence but a marginal yellow card offence. Jonny must have been taking lessons from BoD. Fletcher has clearly leaned all he knows from Randrew!
I thought it was Noon who he high tackled?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

No, it was St Jonny of Wilkinson. Noon got flattened by someone else.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

How much had you had to drink?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Me? I don't drink, I'm always driving!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Not you!! Ben the Tiger!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Photo of the incident:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/0 ... 68x622.jpg

To be honest it looks like a high tackle to me and a definite yellow.

Reflink revealed that Davey was even considering a straight red but after conferring with the TJs decided that none of them could be certain that it justified a sending off. However they were all in no doubt that it was at least a yellow.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

I was in the clubhouse so had a very good view and it did look pretty deliberate from Goodey and i instantly thought "yellow" :smt018 but he still had a good game so well done Goodey :smt002
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Bill W has like 10 000 posts. jeez i was close for a while but fair play Bill, thats impressive...i can see an award for "outstanding services to the forum industry" looming.. :smt023
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

So a hand on the shoulder and arm across the chest = potential red - but taking Seru by the throat with both hands does not even warrant a penalty. Interesting perspective!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Great to see Goodey getting stuck in to his tackling, but have to agree with others on here in that after two high tackles/yellows in consecutive weeks, he will be being watched very carefully.

Perhaps Mr Back should be giving him some extra tackling practice this week!
down the brickies
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by down the brickies »

I think Goodey needs some tackling practice with Backy! Round the waist and slide down man!
Form is temporary - Class is eternal
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Exact opposite! Round the waist and slide up whilst driving with the legs!! And ripping he ball out!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007