Gloucester tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Have you actually tried calling the ticket office recently and asking them?

Away ticket allocations (HC Cup aside) are never "announced" as having arrived. You just need to call up the ticket office and ask them.

However, I seem to remember that our allocation actually arrived in the ticket office about 2 weeks ago.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

HM....this was a strange one due to the change in date of the game...didn't appear on the "tickets" part of the website. I got 2 tickets and picked them up before the Leinster game...not sure if there are any available...if not, you can always try the Gloucester website or their ticket office to see if there are any left.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

As an aside, has anyone been to the shed as an away fan. I am tempted to go as a friend of mine lives their, just not sure how accepted we would be there? Surely a rugbt stand to isit though!
scooterpete

Post by scooterpete »

Any well behaved, visiting fan who is up for a bit of banter will be welcomed to the Shed with open arms.
It really is the best atmosphere in rugby.
SAVE OUR SHED
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

scooterpete wrote:Any well behaved, visiting fan who is up for a bit of banter will be welcomed to the Shed with open arms.
It really is the best atmosphere in rugby.

Don't make me laugh!

The Shed is possibly the most hostile place inside any English rugby ground on a matchday.

Shedheads may like to think it is welcoming but that's only because they are welcoming to other shedheads.

Let's put it this way, I'd rather be standing between Dorian West & a free buffet than in the middle of the Shed on matchdays...and I go to approximately 60 or 70 live rugby matches a season all over the country so speak as someone who has experienced a lot of different rugby crowds at a lot of different rugby grounds in the UK.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glaws Tkts

Post by jack »

INFO: Phoned our ticket office yesterday dinnertime (Mon) - L. Ire tkts available, but Glaws sent back.

HOWEVER: Tkt Off supplied Glaws equivalent phone number - v. helpful, for two C&G stand Tkts (New stand) £66 + £2 bkg. Arrived today, Tuesday. Pricey, but good service.

SHED: Dont go there! Look but stay amongst friends!!
Tigers - true Champions!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I checked at the ticket office on Saturday, they had been sent tickets but had to send them back as the date for the game changed, so they didn't have them on Saturday but may well do now.

However they are on sale from Gloucester. I bought myself a ticket through them for The Shed (yes I know... going with a Gloucester supporting colleague who is a Shed season ticket holder).

My rationale is that if I can handle classrooms full of rowdy kids then a few rowdy and drunk western inbreeds will be a cakewalk :smt002
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

they've been on sale online for a while, i'm bitter cause i can't go this season and i love the glaws away game :smt010
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Malcolm wrote:As an aside, has anyone been to the shed as an away fan. I am tempted to go as a friend of mine lives their, just not sure how accepted we would be there? Surely a rugbt stand to isit though!
I happen to agree with Dave on this one. The Shed is one of the most awful places on this planet, I do not lie. They have the most awful crowd there is going - don't mistake it for passion of the game - IT'S NOT, they have the most hostile supporters I've ever met.

As far as the 'welcoming Shedheads' are concerned Gloucester never lose matches - they are cheated out of a win. Welcoming is not a word you associate with Gloucester Supporters at all.

I have a Gloucester supporter friend who gave me a real mouth full after the Guinness Premiership Final last season, it was awful, really awful.

I went to a match there, with my husband, a couple of seasons ago and we won, I was elbowed in the arm by a bloke who was over 6ft tall, considering i'm a woman of 5ft nothing he was 'well hard' don't you think! I was also there to watch the dev squad a couple of seasons ago and the racial abuse thrown at some of our players was totally unbelieveable.

DON'T PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THE HASSLE MATE, STAY AWAY.

Before I get any gip, just so you know, I'm married to a Gloucester man who will not support Gloucester - mostly because of the supporters there.......
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Nik, whilst I agree that the Glaws fans can be one-eyed, there are decent rugby fans amongst them, because I work with a lot of them !! My feelings on certain people in their crowd was well documented last season on here, when my 10-year-old daughter was verbally abused by a man about my age (40-ish !). Luckily for him, my wife was between us which stopped him from getting an earful.

You're right though, they are never beaten fair and square, just cheated by referee or opposition players. Even when they beat Wasps, they were moaning on their forum about Wasps slowing the ball down, lying all over rucks and generally cheating !!
jim bob

Post by jim bob »

Me and a few friends are thinking of popping down to the gloucester match as i'm off to china for my gap year at the end of the month therefore was wondering where people would reccomend getting tickets for? ive heard some pretty bad things about the shed, is it really that bad?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

If the allegation is "Gloucester fans are one eyed" then we really ought to take a look at ourselves. Come on. Lets be honest, the Crumbie Terrace is NOTORIOUSLY one eyed. So much so that other clubs supporters see it as a laughing stock! Don't get me wrong, I stand on the terrace myself and don't tar us all with the same brush, but the vast majority of the terrace these days are either frighteningly biased or have little understanding of rugby. Surely we can't deny this??

Jimbob, I have heard the Shed is rowdier than most places but I will be in there. If you choose to then that makes at least 2 of us.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Iain wrote:If the allegation is "Gloucester fans are one eyed" then we really ought to take a look at ourselves. Come on. Lets be honest, the Crumbie Terrace is NOTORIOUSLY one eyed. So much so that other clubs supporters see it as a laughing stock! Don't get me wrong, I stand on the terrace myself and don't tar us all with the same brush, but the vast majority of the terrace these days are either frighteningly biased or have little understanding of rugby. Surely we can't deny this??
Gwlad (the Welsh rugby forum) regularly has us shading the Scarlets as the most one-eyed crowd in the UK. I imagine that chants of 'Goodey, Goodey' as he is yellow carded after another ill-disciplined performance will do little to change this view.