The New Stadium

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The New Stadium

Post by WirralExile »

Those are very ambitious timescales! 4 months (at most) to demolish the Next, clear the site and build the new 10,00 seat stand looks to me to be a challenge. I hope they can pull it off.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Here's my e-mail to Lesta city council, i'm quietly impressed with it, but if you think its cr@p i won;t be offended cause i already sent it so nerrr!!!
:smt019

I am writing this e-mail in support of Leicester Tigers application for the redevelopment of Welford Road stadium. As a frequent visitor to Leicester from my home town of Liverpool, I have noticed that there are major redevelopments which are modernising the city whilst still allowing it to retain its history and core values. A classic example of this is the Jewry Wall, a 2000 year old roman ruin situated close to the modern shopping centres. Welford Road is a very traditional stadium with a great atmosphere and a great sense of history, so to turn this into a
30 000 seat arena would retain this history whilst bringing the club into the 21st century, and would also encourage additional supporters such as myself who are not from the local area, to attend matches which would in turn benefit the city as a whole.
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Great letter redtiger!! I also sent my e-mail of support too!

And thanks for the comments on the other thread. I did win the Martin Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award 2007 - which was nice!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

Good stuff Bill, what is the MOPAW? is the last bit "Person At Welford "..."Most Obvious Person At Welford"? that's a cr@p guess i know!!
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

KEEP THE FAITH!!

Most Optimismitic Poster Award Winner.

g, of course, won the award for the most Pessimistic Poster!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tigerbeat

Re: The New Stadium

Post by Tigerbeat »

WirralExile wrote:Those are very ambitious timescales! 4 months (at most) to demolish the Next, clear the site and build the new 10,00 seat stand looks to me to be a challenge. I hope they can pull it off.
Gloucester have had redevelopment work at Kingsholme. They managed to get the ground ready in time for the new season. Not sure if the work was as expansive as proposed at Welford Road.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Uncle Sandy accomplished the Falklands Campaign in that timescale - including the planning thereof!!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007