Moderators - We need them to be encouraged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

Moderators - We need them to be encouraged

Post by Phil B »

For goodness' sake, how has it come to this? If we do not have Moderator's, then folks, we are out of business. Let's get behind them.

You all have my support, and if I have a problem I will pm you. Otherwise I accept your judgements, right or wrong. But I accept them.

No Resignations!!!!!!!
Last edited by Phil B on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

"Re; the sack - I have been told someone is reporting me to the club to get the boot. Time will tell."

This is very sad, if true. Rizzo has my full support.
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

I too can't believe that this is happening to Rizzo.

Full support from me as well.

As Phil B quite rightly points out - No Moderators = No Forum.

Rizzo gives alot of her time and effort to this site and IMHO successfully keeps things ticking over very well indeed, with good grace and humour thrown in 'Free of Charge'

What more could we ask for?
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

Would be a disgrace if it happenes. Rizzo is a great mod.
Ed
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rizzo is a great Moderator and has greatly assisted me in my short time as a Moderator.
A wealth of knowledge and it would be a great loss to the Forum.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

I've not crossed the mods or been about enough recently to know what's been happening, but I've always thought Rizzo treads the line between keeping people in line and still expressing her own opinions and sticking to them really well.

If you don't carry on, then thank you for your time and effort, it was very much appreciated. If you stay on, then equally, I thank you and appreciate the time you volunteer.

At the end of it, it's volunteers who push forward much of grass-roots sport and they should be supported and encouraged.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

This can't be allowed to happen. Rizzo is one of us (as for the fact all the Mods are or have been).

My experience is of a very fair, friendly and welcoming lady and one who took time to correspond with me personally as a result of one of my threads - always be appreciated that Rizzo!

We must be mad if we are attacking any of our Moderators.

We are reliant on the job they do so we can play our games here.

Maybe a bit of thought before emailing, posting or whatever and a bit of respect for the job they do regardless of whether or not the opinion they give differs for yours.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

You wonder why I gave it up? This is frankly ridiculous. Rizzo is trying to do her best by everyone on this board. As I did, as tjs did before me, and as Tigerbeat also presently does. The sniping, criticism and downright back stabbing is what could possibly lose this forum its third moderator in not very long. Take a long hard look at yourselves. Is Rizzo editing titles really worth this?
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo We want Rizzo we want Rizzo
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

Pathetic. I think certain people should grow up. The moderators are giving up their own time to give everyone a forum to post on, and the moaning and petty complaints remind me of being in primary school.

I would like to express my wholehearted support for everything that the moderators have done - and hopefully will continue to do for this site, and for the club.
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Just to echo what has already been said above, I hope Rizzo doesn't leave and I hope that her comments in the sticky at the top of the forum remind people that the moderators do this job as volunteers and not because they have to.

Without them this site will close.

Please try to give Rizzo & Tigerbeat your full support and if you disagree with them, please discuss it with them in private!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I had already communicated my total support to Rizzo privately.

I welcome the opportunity to repeat it publicly.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

While I do not post on here that often (still only a Tiger Cub), I do come on here most days and have done for a few years now. I have to say that I have never had any complaint about any of the moderators on this forum at any time whatsoever. That is something which I cannot say about every single article and post, but hey, we are all entitled to our opinion and I think that the mods do a very good job making sure that we all feel we can express our views (in reasonable language) and debate their merits with others without being verbally intimidated, attacked or abused.

I do not know what has triggered this off, but from my knowledge of Rizzo's posts (I do not know her personally) I would be most surprised if she has done anything that I personally would take offence at.

Being a moderator is not an easy job, after all, they only pop up to tell someone they are wrong, whether it be down to a mistake, error or unacceptable behaviour. Nobody likes being told they are wrong, some never accept they could be wrong (this is NOT directed at anyone here). You are never going to win popularity contests when your sole function is to nag people. But people on here do need nagging from time to time and I feel that our mods do this very well.

Please Rizzo, don't go :smt010 . We need fair minded people like yourself.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

I'm a member of four forums at present, and have been a member of another three or four in the past, and I will say that none of those forums had any moderators as dedicated, as friendly, as polite and as objective in disputes as Rizzo has been during her time moderating this forum. If Rizzo feels she's being harassed into resigning by certain posters here, then I truly hope that the next mod will be a really bad moderator, just so you realise what a good mod Rizzo always has been and continues to be.

I'd like to express publically my support for Rizzo as a mod and as one of the most positive influences on this forum. Thanks for everything you've done on this forum Rizzo, and hopefully you'll decide to stay on here so we can continue to enjoy your services as a mod.

P.S I may be slightly biased by the fact that Rizzo is also a Bon Jovi fan :P
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."