Injury list

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GS
Super User
Super User

Injury list

Post by GS »

After much moaning and groaning on here and approaches from the Mods the club finaly relented and published a list of players unavailable through injury on the team sheet against Irish. I note this was missing last week against Quinns. Sure we were told about Dan's groin on the revised list so are we left to assume there's no change anywhere else?

Mind you, as. unless I've missed it, this is the only comment perhaps the moaners and groaners weren't really that bothered.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
tigersimon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tigersimon »

I personally find it very useful and hope the club try to continue with the injury list it gives some indication on why certain selections have been made and stops the rumour mongers.

My only caveat is that it does not give to much information for other clubs to use against us
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

as a matter of interest as I have obviously missed it where is the Injury list? - is it a permenant feature on the site ?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

It was on the foot of one of the previous team announcements. It's not a permanent feature on the site & I doubt that it ever will be.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Injury list

Post by dailywaffle »

GS wrote:After much moaning and groaning on here and approaches from the Mods the club finaly relented and published a list of players unavailable through injury on the team sheet against Irish. I note this was missing last week against Quinns. Sure we were told about Dan's groin on the revised list so are we left to assume there's no change anywhere else?

Mind you, as. unless I've missed it, this is the only comment perhaps the moaners and groaners weren't really that bothered.
You did miss it, and the moaners and groaners are bothered. But there's only so many times I can groan.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Could be my fault that we do not get much info :smt022

I think that it was at the beginning of last season (or it may have been this season), that regular articles were posted re injuries. I e-mailed Marc Heywood (who had posted the articles) and said how nice it was to get regular updates. They stopped shortly afterwards. Sorry!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Any injury news updates are likely to be included in team announcements at the end of the week. There is no specific posting of injury lists nor is there likely to be.

Basically, the Club would rather keep their cards close to their chests I reckon - and very sensible too, we don't want to give away any advantages to opposing teams. Besides which, as last week showed, there can often be late changes. Didn't we have to replace someone last season who got injured during warm up on the pitch prior to the match?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

With great respect Rizzo, I think the main point was for the Club to inform us of who was not considered for selection because of injury. A possible indication of for how long such injury might preclude consideration would also be appreciated.

If a player is not included in the squad what possible advantage to our opponents can it be to know that he has torn a hamstring or bruised his little finger or broken his leg - he ain't gonna be playing!!!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

i do have to agree with Bill on this. and of course, the team is announced anyway so the other team is gonna have plenty of time to prepare anyway.

I mean how hard is it to type a name, and the length of time out, as well as a reason??
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

We are right!!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Rizzo wrote:Any injury news updates are likely to be included in team announcements at the end of the week. There is no specific posting of injury lists nor is there likely to be.

Fair enough. I'll look forward to the injury update when the team is posted this Friday.

Basically, the Club would rather keep their cards close to their chests I reckon - and very sensible too, we don't want to give away any advantages to opposing teams. Besides which, as last week showed, there can often be late changes. Didn't we have to replace someone last season who got injured during warm up on the pitch prior to the match?

Strongly disagree. If someone is not listed to be in the 22 then we are hardly keeping our cards 'close to our chest'. Why not, if they are not playing anyway, just provide a brief note as to whether they are injured?
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

I think you are agreeing with me daily!!

In any event I am agreeing with you!!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:I think you are agreeing with me daily!!

In any event I am agreeing with you!!
We are agreed!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

So who can stand against us????
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:So who can stand against us????
The mods. I don't think they've ever really agreed with us on this one.