PLEASE make your thread title clear!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

PLEASE make your thread title clear!

Post by Rizzo »

It makes everything a lot easier to read, people are less likely to start duplicated threads and it saves hassle all round.

Please make your topic of discussion clear - if it's about a particular trophy or tournment, state that in the title. If about a player, give the name and if possible a brief bit about why - for example: Lewis Moody, should he play at 8?

Thank you.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Bumping this up as people are still not paying attention and doing as asked. PLEASE make the topic title clear and concise.
Demelza - another Mother
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Nothing wrong with that title BJ, it tells you who it is about & what it is about, talk about nit-picking
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Not everyone is on here late into the evening every day, or indeed at 2am. Tigerbeat edited the title as soon as it was realised. Many people don't bother (you should be able to edit your own posts and titles). If you have problems editing, ask one of the Moderators.
Demelza - another Mother
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

BelperJon wrote:Rizzo, the timing of my last post is immaterial. The fact is your co-moderator was quick to edit the title of my thread at http://www.tigers.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20129 because, according to the pm I received, "It could have been about CHRISTOPHE LAUSSUCQ." (Wow! That possible confusion should put the civilized western world into a tailspin!). However, the Peter Wheeler thread was initiated after the amendment to my thread and this, to me, smacks of double standards.

Moderators, like Caesar's wife, must be above suspicion. Or is it possibly a case of do as I say as opposed to do as I do?
Belper John

I think this is downright rude and an apology is called for

The Moderators are doing this job voluntarily because they love Tigers and Rugby. Please be polite to them.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Returning to the subject matter of the thread I do not think Lewis Moody should play at 8. He has many of the attributes of a 6 and indeed does a pretty good job at 7. But 8 - surely not.
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Oh B*g*r...!

I started reading this thread thinking it was about something else...!
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Moody at 8? The Bath Barrel thinks so for England according to the Sunday Times. Thought about starting a thread about it but Rizzo has beaten me to it, darn.

PS I think the beer at WR is overpriced and the service is poor.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I am not going to get into an argument about this Jon, and I think the "above suspicion" is quite ridiculous. Tigerbeat and I are permitted by the Club to state our own opinions and (surprise surprise) we are both human and occasionally things slip by us in some way.

The Christophe thread title was edited because it could have referred to Christophe Laussucq or indeed Christophe Dominici, in order to make it clearer the title was edited slightly.

I will also add - from the Rules of the Forum:

"You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. "

Generally we explain our actions either on the thread itself or by PM. There is no obligation on us to do so, but we do. I am sorry if you, Belper Jon, felt your thread title should not have been changed, but it was done with the best of intentions for everyone's ease of reading.

I can't see Lewis playing at 8 either.

*goes off to brood on the fact that have now made thread go off topic and beat myself up about it...*
Demelza - another Mother
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

I understand Lewis was quite a useful 12 back in his youth .....
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

[quote="Rizzo"]I am not going to get into an argument about this Jon, and I think the "above suspicion" is quite ridiculous. Tigerbeat and I are permitted by the Club to state our own opinions and (surprise surprise) we are both human and occasionally things slip by us in some way.

I will also add - from the Rules of the Forum:

"You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. "

Generally we explain our actions either on the thread itself or by PM. There is no obligation on us to do so, but we do. I am sorry if you, Belper Jon, felt your thread title should not have been changed, but it was done with the best of intentions for everyone's ease of reading.

Ouch...!
I'm the one in the Tigers shirt on the 22. You can't miss me...!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Sorry, Ben I don't see why ouch is appropriate, are we not even allowed to defend ourselves any longer?

I can only speak for myself here. I am not "above reproach" or "above suspicion", I make mistakes but I try my best to be fair to everyone who reads the forum, asking people to be clear about titles makes it easier for all. Just because I ask everyone to do something doesn't mean I can't occasionally make an error and go off topic or whatever myself. If I do, I edit or amend it as soon as possible after I've realised.

I do however think sometimes that people forget there are rules which everyone agreed to respect when they signed up to the forum.
Demelza - another Mother
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Oh for heaven's sake BJ, grow up!

A thread title in French including the name Christophe, when we have a French player called Christophe could be confusing.

The suggestion people may become confused that our 59 year old Chief Exec has been appointed as the current England captain is hardly comparable!

The first thread could cause confusion but you'd have to be pretty stupid to misconstrue the second one.

Of all the threads you could have picked up on & highlighted, the Peter Wheeler one wasn't the right choice. You're just making your point look very silly now by carrying on with your defence any longer!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

bit harsh Dave, BJ's point is valid surely? Can't preach one thing and then practice another. And to be honest, what has it got to do you anyway - was there any need for you to post?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

anyway rugby whats that all about then?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal